So whats the general opinion of Sup Forums on the Pirates of the Caribbean series? Good or bad?

So whats the general opinion of Sup Forums on the Pirates of the Caribbean series? Good or bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sNj8mJq65i4
youtube.com/watch?v=DYJY20zPtqo
youtube.com/watch?v=JgWJUKzgvR4
imdb.com/title/tt0075294/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's capeshit with pirates

Good
Good
Bad
Bad
Good

generic summerflicks, they dont deserve a thread

Overrated every time I watch desu first two are pretty ok tho

This

The first one is good
The second one is okay
The third one ruined the series to a point where it couldn't get any worse
The fourth one was worse then the third one

The series is shit, just watch the first one.

The fifth one hasn't even come out yet ...

Yeah but you've seen the leak copy

I like the 4th one. Penelope Cruz is a dime.

What a shitty opinions. Literally kill yourselves.

I love 'em. except the fourth one which I don't even really count.

Love the shit out of them. Have absolutely no idea what's everyone's problem with the third one.

Fourth's one's bad, though. Not even based McShane could save that one.

How articulate.

Did baby not eat his bulgar this morning?

First one was alright. I have no intention in seeing any of the other ones.

Third one had some pretty cool moments. Like this: youtube.com/watch?v=sNj8mJq65i4

I also like the little crabs that carry the Pearl in Davy Jones' locker.

And this scene is fucking kino.

Forgot the scene. youtube.com/watch?v=DYJY20zPtqo

I wish there was more banter that involved Barbosa. Hes my favorite.

Third one had too much fanservice and went too big.
Also the plot and characterizations were pretty shitty and they killed the kraken off screen.

Oh is 3 the one where they have to get the ship back from Davey jones locker? I thought that was the 4th one.

Really good for modern hollywood blockbusters. Johnny Depp actually manages to make perfectly choreographed action tolerable with his acting. The third one is complete turd though and i found the fourth one much more tolerable with Barbarossa being a pretty intresting character.

without a doubt the worst pirate themed movie franchise i have ever heard of

but you have heard of it

I've only seen the first two but they're pretty fucking comfy.

4th is an entirely new plotline, I don't know what though as I ain't seen it

Barbossa was already in the first and third ones though.

I love them desu. Ok maybe not the third one as much. Just a bunch of fun nonsense and adventure with some semblance of a budget. Not enough of the stuff nowadays.

But his character got much more invovled in the story with new motives.

They romanticize piracy when really they were all brutal murderers, rapists and pedophiles

He wasn't involved enough in 1 and 3?
He was the fucking main villain in the first movie, and in the third movie he's pretty much the leader of the whole group.

If anything he's the least involved in 4 because nothing he does really matters, he has some dialogue with Jack but other than that he's pretty much just the figurehead for one of the two (or three?) enemy factions Jack goes against.

>youll never be a real pirate

Dude on the left's face says it all.

>this never became a franchise

Which is too bad because it had the same feel as the pirate movies

woah 2007 clickbait article

except it wasn't nearly as fun

Who was the Peg Boy of the Black Pearl?

What about on the Dutchman?

What happen to funcore

First movie was brilliant in every way.

All the rest are movies that are shit as a whole but have one or two scenes that are absolutely fucking mindblowing.

>Flying Dutchman vs Black Pearl in 3
>mermaids in the new one

Literally 10/10 scenes

I guess i don't remember much of the third one, all i remember of him was that he just tagged along while the original gang, jacks dad and the voodoo lady did everything. Of course he was more involved in the first one, i kind of excluded that one.

Capeshit killed it.

Jack's dad didnt do shit except shoot a guy and look menacing. He had like 3 lines.

jacks dad didn't do shit
all he did was hold a code book

Good
Bad
Bad
So bad that it's kinda good

youtube.com/watch?v=JgWJUKzgvR4
This movie was entertainingly bad. So bad that it's good. Come on, the king giving double thumbs up? It's hilarious.

Didn't he have the magic shit and made everyone band together? I guess i'm just misremembering things, i haven't seen it in a long time and i have no intention of rewatching it since it's like 3 hours long and not that good.

No. Just no.

That was Barbossa.

I thought the voodoo lady didn't show up until 4

1 - Wow, that's way better than anyone expected, also Johnny Depp is awesome!

2 - Okay, I guess the payoff is in the third one.

3 - Fuck that's why we can' have good things

4 - Who the fuck asked for this?

5 - They're making a fifth one? I hope it'll tank so hard they'll finally learn their lesson

The voodoo lady wasn't in four, she was introduced in two and then became a god or some shit in three.

The voodoo lady was in every movie except the fourth one?

OK. I have been on Sup Forums for years, but now I'm seeing daily PotC threads.
Is this some marketing shit or survey shit for the new movie?

I liked 4 desu. Shit got way too serious for me with Elizabeth and Will who werent really that interesting to me. Just needed a break from all that.

Probably.

1 and 2 are basically Secret of Monkey Island but played as straight adventure stories instead of outright farcical comedies.

People are so critical to these pirate flicks,
but they are far better than every superhero flick, but those gets faped over daily.
Explain.

Wasn't the orginial script supposed to be a Monkey Island movie that got scraped?

2 and 3 were bad for a lot of reasons, Elizabeth and Will were only one.

As bad as 2 and 3 were, 4 was still worse and gave us a romance plot line that was even shittier than Elizabeth and Will.

I'm really getting things mixed up, I thought she doesn't show up until 4, they find her up stream on some river deep in the jungle.

now that i'm reading the plot for 4 I realize I don't remember any of it. might have to give it a watch.

>3 - Fuck that's why we can' have good things

The battle in the maelstrom was literally worth the whole movie.

The third one brings out any mental disability that my mind has buried deep inside

It's batshit insanity

Was that the one with the cringe marriage?

>The battle in the maelstrom was literally worth the whole movie.
Why did the other ships just sit and watch?

2 3 and 4 are not any better than superhero flicks.

People still get critical with superhero movies, but they always view each movie as it's own series and fail to see the larger picture.
Pirates of the Carribbean has one face, one title, so it's easier to point at it as a whole and say "That's shit"

Watched the first one the other day. Hadn't seen it in years. I probably should've just left my nostalgia alone. The CGI didn't hold up well at all.

I just told you they are better than superhero flicks.
Respect the facts, man.

Jack and Davy's duel was the best part of the maelstrom battle and it was only just ok.

The love plot in four honestly wasn't that bad as it didn't take up too much time and the whole mermaid macguffin wasn't that far-fetched for the universe.

Honestly i dont really care about that stuff in these movies. I just want something fairly lighhearted with pirates running around doing dumb shit. Jack and the other girl was mostly humorous and the mermaid girl barely had any focus while will and elizabeth were the entire movie.

Meh, I didn't mind it, it did accentuate the chaos and madness even if it was cringey in a romantic way

Would you go into a literal whirlpool below a lightning storm created by a titan goddess you just saw become huge, where a mythical immortal god of the dead who commands a kraken and a crew of monsters is duking it out with a crew of undead, cursed pirates on an undead ship?

>Kaya Scodelario as Carina Smyth[2]

>An astronomer. Scodelario explained the character's motivation and role saying, "she is an academic, she's fighting for the right to study at university, because women couldn't at that time. So she's on her own journey - looking for the trident of Poseidon - and she has a diary with clues."

>everything is epic: (...) fifty thousand ship agains fifty thousand ship (...) audience dosen't know who to root for anymore

This never happened tho. You had two ships fighting with pretty clear bad/good guys. Expect Jack Sparrow, be he is an anti-hero, so it's the point for him to join the bad side a bit.

That's not Geoffrey Rush laughing as he stands atop a table decapatating monsters.

The movie is based on a fucking Disneyland ride

How has it made this much monie

Kraken is dead at that point and they can fight around the sides of maelstrom.

I would honestly rather sit through Elizabeth and Will do stupid sly in joke bullshit for 3 hours then watch another minute of the priest and mermaid.
>hurr atleast there wasn't that much of it
1. That's not a positive
2. There was enough for you to see it was bad.

People want boatkino and pirates are like zombies. People love them

Why would they though?

They don't know what tha maelstrom is, they don't know what happened to the goddess, they don't know what's gonna come out, they don't know what's gonna happen.

The best option is to stay and wait for the two supernatural things to fight and then see what happens.

Honestly, out of the million plotholes, like why did they retreat even though they still outnumbered them a million to one and calypso was in no way present, why would you pick this one?

>No Knightly
>No Cruz

why bother with 5

>Honestly, out of the million plotholes,
You goof. You were the one talking about the navel battle.
So I just explained that it was anti-climatic to just have it be a 1v1 fight.
I can also mention better plot-holes. But you started this, not me.

If this becomes a movie about her feminist crap and that young guys angst, I will be furious.

I'd rather see a 5/10 boring repeat of the previous ones than muh feminism and muh angst.

How in holy hell was the pearl and the dutchman duking it out in a maelstrom anti-climactic in any way?

A massive naval battle of the pearl exchanging cannon fire with a random dutch ship would be better?

It's like you being promised sex with 50 hot girls at once, and you end up only having sex with one of them.

why have the fifty million other ships at all if the final battle is just going to be a one on one?

If they wrote a story that was just this crews personal journey to fight davy jones and private company navy fuck, then it would've been fine, but when you include "this is a battle for EVERY pirate, and the ENTIRE BRITISH NAVY" then a one on one while everyone else waits becomes anticlimactic.

fountain of youth that can only be used with siren tear

includes siren x priest romance, barbossa as a corsair and an over the top 3/10 villain

Of course that would be nicer, but that wasn't the case. It was their boring girlfriend boyfriend relationship drama the whole time. I'd rather take a hard hit once and not suffer over a long duration.

they're good as background noise

speaking of magic, as of 4th movie barbossa has a sword that can command wind

despite everyone in the movie talking up Blackbeard, he was pretty subdued and underperformed.
All I can remember him doing on screen is standing there while stuff happened around him.

The third is legitimately one of the worst films I've ever seen

Except the entirety of 3 and 4 were suffering over a long duration.
Yeah theres more romance shit in 3, but there's more overall shit in 4.

Eh i much prefer 4 since it was much shorter, had a much smaller scope and a more contained story even if it full of plotholes and shitty subplots.

For you maybe. I only expect a few things out the series and 3 checked none of them off. 4 is not even a part of the same story but 3 is the one that feels the most foreign to me.

I don't prefer any of them.
It's just in 3, there were a couple set pieces and scenes that made me feel like "hey yeah I'm watching a movie that has a budget and effort put into it"

The only positive thing you can say about 4 is "well it was a good IDEA to make it smaller scope"
"well it was a good IDEA to bring in Blackbeard"
"The wind sword thing and the zombies and the mermaids were good IDEAS"
The movie is full of good IDEAS, but on screen, on the actual movie you are watching, they are all done incredibly poorly in a shitty way.
Meanwhile Pirates 3 is full of shitty ideas, but the couple of good ones are mildly entertaining.

these movies are based as fuck. good action, extremely god production values, quality bantz. you'd have to be some sort of bitter prick not to enjoy them tbqh imo

>the first movie

ftfy

it was a rollercoaster or some shit

No like originally there was gonna be a monkey island movie but that didn't happen and disney got the script and made a movie based of the roller coaster instead.

I love it for introducing me to the wonders of Astrid Berges-Frisbey

but you still had sex

I liked the first one, but a bit too Disney for my tastes. Prefer Black Sails or the movie Swashbuckler

imdb.com/title/tt0075294/

someone got the video of the naked russian guy dancing to the techno remix of the main theme?