How smart is Sup Forums?

How smart is Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQc-54hQ8kw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Im as dumb as a fucking sand person

top right angle doesn't make sense, its less than 90 degrees.

x = 60

I can solve it but I'm lazy to do so

Wut

x=30

160 + 40 + x + 50 + b = 360 ,
70 + x + b = 180 ,
b is the angle opposte to x.
the problem is underdeterminated.
without knowinh one lenght, the couple (x,b) can assume (0,180)

MISTAKE between 0 and 110

Literally how to sine rule for dummies

X=40? Whose right?

wheres my protractor?

Applying Thales' Theorem, x is 60º.

x=70
shit pic

But Thales theorem deals with 3 points on a circle that make a right triangle. Where's the circle?

Any values between 0 and 110

The answer is constrained by the equation x + y = 110.

this is as far as i got

That's one of Thales Theorem. The other one concerns two parallel lines cut by a transversal one, and affirms that opposite angles are equivalent

How do you apply that to get the answer? I think you need to use some trig ratios to get further than

Not Hard but long.

You can solve this creating as much rectagular triangles as you need. Too much equations, but you get the answer.

i have no idea
i just slightly passed geometry and trig back in high school
i have never used either since

Let's call the unmarked angle z
Bottom Triangle
x + z + 70 = 180
x + z = 110

For the quad.
30 + 50 + 60 + 20 + 50 + z + x + 40 = 360
x + z = 110

So you are correct. The angle relationship appears locked, but don't know how to isolate them.

I think you can use sine law to work out the ratios between the sidelengths, but that's a lot of decimal places to deal with.

X=40 unmarked angle =70. Seems correct

Ok so now (40 + x) + Y = 150

Y= angle next to 50 opposite X

Only if you HAD lengths would this be possible, otherwise its locked to a 70+x+y=180 equation

Got a solution coming up, bumping while making it easier to read

The solution is just x + y = 110
Any value of x and y within the conditions will be true.
There are infinitely many solutions with real numbers and 55 solutions using integers
Try it... replace both x and unmarked y with any numbers that add up to 110, it will be true regardless of change.

same

Maybe we're all just retarded fags after all...

Bullshit. Try it yourself, it won't work.

Extend the vertical legs of the quadrilateral and x and y change, but x + y = 180

That also changes the four angles whose values are given, which you obviously can't do.

Provide a counterexample, then you can be rude.

I told you to just try it for yourself. If you can't even be bothered to do that, don't ask others to.

pretty much, yeah

Even if I try to find the angles using the sum of the interior as a quadrilateral, it is still x + y =110.
If you tell me it is bullshit with no definitive explanation but "to do it yourself, it doesn't work", come on.
My spam mail is more convincing.

I meant, try drawing two different versions of the figure with two different values for x (and y), You'll see that it's not possible.

This took way too long

x = 30 deg

[ ]

Both correct solutions, the first one is a lot more elegant, though. Congratz

I'm I agree, I just brute forced it

0 < x < 180

This guy gets it.

I don't even know what I'm supposed to do here

Is there something special about the quadrilateral that allows this solution to work? Like would it still work if AB wasn't equal to BC?

That's how far I got

I was typing out a solution that was basically the same as yours, but then you posted it so I didn't bother finishing it. I agree that the other solution is easier, but it seems really specific to these numbers. I know that your solution would work with any combination of angles, but I can't say that for sure about his.

X = 30.
This problem is known as Langley’s Adventitious Angles. It's solved by creating a series of isosceles triangles.

Thank-you

I still don't know what you mean

But anyways, there are better answers. I will just admit I'm wrong.

Smart enough not to do your homework for you.

I meant, actually draw two different versions of the figure with different values for x. All you've done is write a bunch of different values next to a static version of the figure.

Wow, you're still going?
Someone already explained it.
Hell, there is a video.
youtube.com/watch?v=HQc-54hQ8kw
Same thing basically.

I know. I'm trying to explain to a person who clearly has a hard time getting it.

X = 60.

Extend that right side into a right triangle so that you have 10-degrees at the top and 80 by angle y.

50 + 80 = 130
180 - 130 = 40 = y
180 - 70 - 40 = 60 = x

This