Why is it that Vermont, the smartest state in the union, always votes democrat?

Why is it that Vermont, the smartest state in the union, always votes democrat?

Book smarts don't mean you make good real world decisions.
You can be smart and still be naive.

Presumably the same reason why they do so much drugs

Probably a lot more economics majors

Smartness ≠ Logic

No contact with blacks.

Same reason the smartest people in Russia thought Communism was a good idea. Bunch of circlejerking retards not exposed to reality.

This.

You got me, I now stand and feel and became a hillbernmissile

smartest in what way?

Basically this. Academically smart people tend to be a little more idealistic and gullible. Particularly if they grew up fairly well off and in a predominantly white neighborhood. Smart people fall for libtard memes about poverty causing violence and capitalism being evil and all the rest of that, mostly due to their being inclined to understand the world more in theory than from experience.

Do they? I've only been to Vermont through their trails.

I thought they were pretty well US oriented.

The same reason why people from all white suburbs love blacks yet poor/middle class whites that were raised around them and went to school with them hate blacks. If all you knew about black people was from twitter/tv/youtube/worldstar you would think blacks are so cool and amazing. Be around them in real life, see what happens.

Vermont fags all have useless degrees I would hardly call them the smartest

Being intelligent doesn't mean that you're knowledgeable or correct. Temperament might play a role in voting for objectively better politicans--who knows?
>smart = democrat
This is just a stupid oversimplification

Are there any studies which find a correlation between proximity to blacks and political views?

because democratic politics work in an all white society. vermont is all white.

Very well put.

Voting Democrat benefits the intelligentsia more than voting Republican, simple as that.

percentage of blacks/hispanics

Youre fucking tarded if you think new england isnt politically important

The place that's also >96% White? Gee, I wonder.