Does it make me a weeb if I would prefer living in Japan because I identify more with their customs (humbleness...

Does it make me a weeb if I would prefer living in Japan because I identify more with their customs (humbleness, neatness, quietness, dignity, respecting elders, conformity, appreciation for nature, non-religious) than American customs?

Anime is trash IMO, so I don't think of Japan as a funhouse where I can eat pocky and be Kawaii all day. I like Japanese aesthetics, but it's not a draw. I'm not even attracted to Asian women generally. Japanese people just have it all figured out. Is that weebish?

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Weeaboo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good luck with one of the most xenophobic countries on the planet

Not at all, but like said, you might have a bit of trouble getting in.

i wonder how old this meme is and how old it was when it was outdated.

not flooding your countries with rapefugees doesnt make you xenophobic

>mfw another fag that only thinks about his political side...
Japanese have lived in a fucking island since the bronze age, they have been isolated and in consequence hate the idea of outsiders on their land. However, due to globalization, japanese youth are starting to ignore this national xenophobia

you think its all smiles, and politeness but wait till you get there

you'll see some real racism soon enough and they won't care because you are not one of them

It's way different than you imagine. I've lived there for 5 years (and am moving back in 3 months). There's a cost to those things. Suppression on individuality (you see a lot of depressed confirmists who long to be free... Which fuels a lot of alcoholism). Neatness can become excess bueracracy when taken to the extreme (I once had to fill out a form again days after submitting it because my "4" didn't make a cross at the vertices). Respecting elders leads to mean old ladies who elbow you at the train station to jump in line. And to outdated rules and expectations (fax machines are still a part of mainstream business there).

It's still a great place to live, no doubt. I'm just saying it comes with a different set of problems that you might not realize.

Literally nothing you've just stated is a Japanese 'custom'. So yes, it does.

Not the guy you responded to, but I have lived in Japan and worked there as an ALT, Japan is xenophobic but not hard xenophobia.

Even if you become a citizen in Japan, denouncing your own country of birth etc, you still cannot own land for yourself, even owning your own house you need to get a guarantor.

Some shops in even the main cities like Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka etc still have an anti-foreigner rule, a small amount but they are still there.

Some Onsens don't allow foreigners also, especially with tattoos, tattoos remind other Japanese customers of the Yakuza, but some don't want foreigners because they do not understand the process of an Onsen and are still complained that they still stink going into the Onsen proper.

Either way, there is still a xenophobia in Japan, more so in the north areas in the Hokkaido areas.

No that isn't weebish.

If you said to me I learned Japanese from anime, and hit me with phrases common from anime, and telling me I should do x, y and z because somehow you are an expert on Japan. Then you would be a weeaboo, or Wapanese.

Assuming you're white you shouldn't have much of a problem there unless you're living in some tiny town. If you're a shitskin don't even both going there.

this desu

100% incorrect.

Ignore this, it is bullshit. All foreigners be it other Asians, Black or White go through the same checks, and are treated the same.

There is no hate in that regard, and that is one reason why there is little crime, or hate crime.

Solid argument, but you're wrong.

They'll treat me like a nigger? Fuck that shit.

The award for "Unable to read a sentence" goes to...

Thats one of my favorite Japanese traits and one of the reasons I respect them so.
I'd step off the plane greeted by Japs holding signs that say "Go home american piggu" and I'd be like, "Ahhhhh yes...."

Also a reason why I wouldn't try to become a permanent resident of Japan. I respect that they wouldn't want me to, and I wish my own country had the same attitude.

>Does it make me a weeb if I would prefer living in Japan because I identify more with their customs (humbleness, neatness, quietness, dignity, respecting elders, conformity, appreciation for nature, non-religious) than American customs?
That is the very definition of weeb

You may go through the same checks from the government but the people will treat you differently depending on your skin color.

Yes and no. Societally, you're right. A paki vs a Nigerian vs an Anglo don't really matter.

But in romance? White, Japanese, and Korean get first pick of the hotties. It's sadly true.

>due to globalization, japanese youth are starting to ignore this national xenophobia
Which is absolutely tragic.

They'll treat you like the gaijin you are.

The award for obliviousness to where he is goes to. . .

I would disagree, although blacks are the less favoured from all the gaijins, there is no real deep discrimination.

Most girls don't care if you are White, Black, Red or Yellow... they care about you, and how permanent your job is.

Gaijin Hunters don't care about your race either, as long as you have money to spend and patience to help teach them some English.

>patience to help teach them some English

It would be hilarious to teach them the wrong words for things.

>blacks are the less favoured from all the gaijins
>there is no real deep discrimination

My black friends there got treated mostly like whites, in general public (but they were preppy Oreos). A few kids staring and whispering "kuroiiiiiiii".

They seemed to have a harder time with chicks, though. As did the Arabian and Nepali dudes I knew. Maybe they just had no game, but all the white dudes were knee deep in furry pussy. Even the ugly ones.

The gaijin hunters seem to prefer the browner shades from what I saw.

Are you sure they weren't saying Kowaiiii, Kuro is just black, but it would be Kokujin for a black person.

No OP, that just makes you a good (insert country) 's citizen.

People have lost their manners, everywhere I go, I see no decency, my grandpa raised me to be a good person. Respect people

No. The adjective is kuroi. Black. Its like saying "It's sooooooooo black!" You'd say the same thing if you burnt your toast.

They would use kuroi on it's own like that. kare wa kuroi desu or some shit like that.

wouldn't*

Yes they would. And do.

Many reactions in Japanese are simply stating an adjective.

Go outside: Samuiiiii (cold). Mabushiii (bright).
Eat food: oishiii (tasty), atakaiiii (warm)

You might know book Japanese, but you obviously don't know real Japanese.

oishi and atakai etc are grammatically correct, kuroi by itself is not.

"book" Japanese? Damn you are starting to sound like a weeaboo mate.

恥を知れ

they're right about just about everything

> (You)
>oishi and atakai etc are grammatically correct, kuroi by itself is not.

Seriously. Have you actually spoken Japanese with natives? I have. For over 10 years. It's perfectly normal to see something very white, or black, or big and say simply "Shiroiiiiii, kuroiiii, or ookiiiiiiii".

I'm saying you're a pedantic twat and you don't understand how the language is actually spoken in a regular basis.

Your Kanji doesn't impress me. Could it get you from Kemigawa station to Echigo Yuzawa Station by local trains? I doubt it. Can you read a newspaper? I bet not. Have YOU ever gotten wasted with strangers in Ueno back alley bars and spoken any real Japanese? That's all I'm questioning. I have. And "Kuroiiii" is perfectly cromulent for use when surprised by how black something is.

Yeah, you're a weeb.

Let me show you why you are a fucktard.

Samui = cold
Oishi = delicious/tasty
Atarashi = new
etc

By themselves they are fine.

Kuro = black
Kuroi = black when used with a noun

Same for

Shiro/Shiroi
Aka/Akai
Ao/Aoi

Some exceptions are

Murasaki, Midori etc

The only time you will hear a native speaker say Kuroiiiii like that is with Totemo.

Don't know simple Kanji? And you have the cheek to think I couldn't get from one station to another? Or read a newspaper. I couldn't fluently read a newspaper, even though my n1 Japanese is great, my Kanji knowledge isn't that great and I can admit that, most Japanese don't either.

Shall we play a game. A simple one.

Post how to say

Kate and John's Cat's toy is White.

I shall await your answer.

Pedantic twat thinks kids and drunks give a fuck about grammar.

I don't really, I was wondering if he misheard someone saying "kowaiii" as some Japanese think blacks bring crime.

Kowai is scary.

He came at me like "hurr durr mah spaghetti rustled in mah pockets" I am super-weeb.

>some Japanese think blacks bring crime
>Japanese

So you going to answer the simple question or what?

After living for "10 years in Japan" translating that simple sentence should be childs play for someone like you.

Right?

Rural towns and prefectures definitely, cosmopolitan prefectures not so much but it does happen.

>Some shops in even the main cities like Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka

and entertainment venues don't allow foreigners either, I thought that because I was half Japanese that they would make an exception, instead it was probably worse.

Still, I had a hearty laugh when I went to Hiroshima, so fuck them

That is true, I tried to get in NMB48 theatre in Namba, Osaka. Just to enjoy the lulz.

Met with broken english "Sorry no space, all tickets sold"...

I went across the street, queued for some karaage, turned around when I got my food and people were paying to get in, attendant saw me and was insta-shamed, could see it in his face.

So my semi-love for AKB48 since I had been binge watching AKBingo, dropped to a record low and so fuck em.

I worked in Japan on and off for 3 years. It isnt what you think it is. I wasnt into japanese shit before and I'm definately not into it now.

And if you go to Shinjuku to go see Omoide Yokocho (piss alley), make sure you absolutely avoid the nigerians as they are involved in all sorts of street crime, including getting you drunk and stealing your wallet

I've only been to Japan once in my life, a vacation I took years ago, stayed for 2 weeks. Wonderful and beautiful country. Don't know where all the xenophobia is, I never meet anyone who looked down on me for being a plain ass white tourist. Certainly a nicer place to live then places like Detroit or Cali.

There is chinese bars too, and they brought over the "hostess" scam.

A hostess takes you to a bar "Come come, cheap drinks", but you buy drinks for the hostess. Your drinks are cheap, but hers are expensive as fuck.

Yes, its pleasant to visit as a tourist. How many times have you heard someone from another country visit Los Angeles or Hollywood and then tell you how nice it was? As a native, you know the truth. Two weeks anywheres is only scratching the surface.

This was funny when I was in sixth grade. How old are you?

yes it does.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Weeaboo

and just FYI Japs are the most racist people n the world. they do not want you on their country.

The one that I encountered was similar, but it involved a beautiful long legged russian lady. It went something like this, they dangled the russian lady in front of me, you like? you want? well, it will cost you, $500. OKAY! Who Hoo! Pull out the money, they practically swat my hand, put that away. She can't take money, if they catch her, they will deport, etc.. Ok..now confused, instead, buy this bottle of Whisky, etc. Well, okay, start drinking, 3/4 bottle, 1/2 bottle, oh shit, get up to puke. user, you don't look so good, etc...Anyways, by the time the bottle was empty, I was in no position to fuck let alone see the door.

Yes, can confirm, my mother delights in telling the story of how when a black guy asked for water, she gave him a bucket of mop water.

you have a 3 inch dick you’re basically already a jap at this point

Your mother is a slut and a hero.

No, not unless its attached to a Japanese man, is what they are trying to tell you.

I've been to many asian countries, some for months/years on end, my mother is Japanese, but I found it to be almost sterile and somewhat uninteresting. If you go for something specific, like to go see Omoide Yokocho, or Tsukiji fish market (which burned down like yesterday) or to ride the shinkansen all over the place, or Zao Fox Village, it really was kind of boring.

Oh, and to see a Tanuki or raccoon dog