GIBSON: Wow, I mean if you’re spending outrageous amounts of money, $180 million or more...

>GIBSON: Wow, I mean if you’re spending outrageous amounts of money, $180 million or more, I don’t know how you make it back after the tax man gets you, and after you give half to the exhibitors. What did they spend on Batman V Superman that they’re admitting to?

>DEADLINE: I want to say $250 million. Then you’ve got marketing.

>GIBSON: And it’s a piece of sh*t.

>DEADLINE: Well it was self-serious and it wasn’t fun at all.

>GIBSON: I’m not interested in the stuff. Do you know what the difference between real superheroes and comic book superheroes is? Real superheroes didn’t wear spandex. So I don’t know. Spandex must cost a lot.

People say he's a nutjob but I'm starting to think he's actually pretty based. He should make more films.

deadline.com/2016/09/mel-gibson-hacksaw-ridge-venice-film-festival-the-passion-of-the-christ-1201813728/

>People say he's a nutjob but I'm starting to think he's actually pretty based. He should make more films.

welcome to Sup Forums

>Real superheroes

uh superheroes aren't real Mel

Every single post ever made that contained the word "based" was made by a drooling moron who watches sports and forms their "opinions" of people based on meaningless trivialities. You're a shitty person, stop burdening the world with your stupidity.

>GIBSON: Wow, I mean if you’re spending outrageous amounts of money, $180 million or more, I don’t know how you make it back after the tax man gets you, and after you give half to the exhibitors. What did they spend on Batman V Superman that they’re admitting to?
>the tax man
>"the tax man"

Do Jews collect the taxes now too? Go back to Sup Forums, inbred fatass.

tax man = dirty Jews

How does he get away with telling the truth?

>Do Jews collect the taxes now too?
Is water wet?

he doesnt. hes been blacklisted from hollywood for his anti semetic rant for the last 10 years lol

>watches sports
You just reminded me that people watch sports

pro tip: all films lose money on paper.

Why are you getting this upset because I used Sup Forums meme lingo? Replace "pretty based" with "a pretty cool guy" then.

I bet you're the a faggot that uses kino and comfy, aren't you, you little wanker.

I was just implying it was a euphemism because he doesn't like Jews, mate. Just having a little fun on this anonymous Indonesian comic strip photo forum.

>tfw no new Apocalypto-tier Gibson kino

He is a pretty based nutjob.

>if you criticize someone for being a meme spouting retard, you yourself must be one

You can spot Sup Forums by their logic even when they aren't shitposting neo-Nazi propaganda. It's great how unbelievably dumb you all are.

Lel. You've got him good.

This.

They want to look like they lose money because then they don't have to fulfill their contractual obligations regarding percentage of profits paid to investors/cast/crew

Jesus was

DCucks BTFO

He's still irrelevant. Only the alt-right thinks he's cool, and they're more irrelevant.

Can't wait for next month when we aren't talking about this anymore.

Yet we'll still be talking about BvS.

Not just DCucks but capenerds in general. I think the one truth in BvS was the scene with "false god" spray-painted on Superman - except it's actually applicable to all superheroes. These films and characters don't say anything about the human condition, they don't make us reflect or aspire to be better. Instead people come to expect others - these superheroes - to come and fix everything. It's just another symptom of an increasingly infantile and irresponsible generation.

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape. I just don't think it's elevated. Christopher Nolan's best movie is Memento, and that is an interesting movie. I don't think his Batman movies are half as interesting, though they're 20 million times the expense. A superhero movie, by definition, you know, it's comic book. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. That has always been its appeal, and I think people who are saying, you know, Dark Knight Rises is supreme cinema art, I don't think they know what the fuck they're talking about."
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't see a lot of current films, but that's just me. Obviously the public loves the american films that are being made... I'm interested in people that contain within themselves parts of good and evil. I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I just don't believe that exists. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide,” he added. “Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro González Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>" I’m not interested in the stuff. Do you know what the difference between real superheroes and comic book superheroes is? Real superheroes didn’t wear spandex."
- Mel Gibson