I'm 90 days sober

I'm 90 days sober

AMA

Why?

Do you feel physically better than when you started your commitment?
More virile?

Just hit two years myself. Gave up on that AA stuff though. Feels pretty good man

Why bother with AA? Relapse rates are basically identical whether or not you go through their program.

Because shit got out of hand and I realized I want to be myself again

Yes I feel a lot better. Although I feel the emotional ups and downs more it's worth it. There is no good feelings without bad feelings. That's why drugs become a maintenance, because they take away the bad then there becomes no good.

The 7th tradition states that....

I'm not doing AA or NA, technically I'm doing something called "smart recovery." I barely go to the meetings though. My program consists of introspective writing everyday. So far I've filled up 4 college ruled notebooks

Went to AA once after 4 days in the hospital for detox. It's been 618 days sober for me since then

That's an AA cult coin.

Sounds fucking gay

There truly is an epidemic in the United States. The general public doesn't realize how widespread the opiate problem really is

I'm 90 days sober too, where's me doubloon?

It has the serenity prayer but it's a coin I got from my rehab. I haven't done the 12 steps.

oh we know, we just know about the 100 drug epidemics before it and we don't care

You can't even try to quit drinking without the people helping you shoving Jebus down your throat.

On a scale of 1-10, how many cocks have you sucked?

Nygga, for real, How van you you keep sobre? I'am avid drinker of a 1L of vodka a day

I wasn't a drinker and for the last time, I haven't and don't plan on doing the 12 steps. It's a chip I got from my rehab for completing 90.

You shouldn't have sold it for a beer you fucking liar! And fuck off.

Good job OP, keep it up!

Quitters are spitters

I like how this prayer has so much precedence in Slaughterhouse Five.
Any of you know if Kurt Vonnegut was an alcoholic?

The key is finding out why you're drinking. Finding out the underlying problem. Finding out what you're running from and become at peace.

Spoopy

Did you get that coin from hope by the sea?

do you feel that AA is a legitimate addiction treatment or just a cult built around sobriety?

Are you aware that you have a liver, that primarily processes and filters everything you drink?
Keep that habit up long enough, and you're gonna get yourself into a shitty living situation.

Are you surprised? They know to capitalize when people are vulnerable. Why do you think they start kids off so young?

Every predator knows to single out the slowest/weakest member of the herd first.

I can neither confirm nor deny ;)

It's very cult like, but admittitadly it does work for some people. The thing that really separates it from a cult is that the finances are all open. Everyone at a specific meeting knows how much money that group has

If so that's crazy bc I just did 120 days there lol

Why didn't you just learn moderation? You know, like an adult?

OP here, snapchat me!! Jackyp313

Does your name start with a J or a D?

Yo... I realise that... But It has become a way to Cope with psycological issues

Moderation goes out the window with opiates

Checked

No OP, two year sober guy from above, but I've seen AA help some people legitimately who couldn't do it any other way. I have a lot of friends that the program helped when nothing else could, but with all that being said I'd say it's a lot closer to a cult for sobriety than a legitimate treatment option. It was somewhat helpful for me really early on but the steps are nonsense and the absolute insistence that AA is the only option by so many people in the program is ridiculous and a real problem in my mind.

Yeah... D. Who is this lmao

I'm 12,000 days sober. How does that make you feel?

My snapchat name should make it obvious if you were here with me...

jackyp313

Can you trade that for a drink?

Sup dude it's Mike. XD

Horseshit, it's a cult. It's a government approved, often court mandated, and publicly funded cult that requires pledging your allegiance to God. They're a little vague about which God, but it's still fucking religion. And if alcoholism is a disease, then why is the primary treatment following a set of religious rules that were last updated in 1946, instead of seeing a doctor who follows the scientific literature and prescribes the latest treatment? Real science evolves as we learn more about diseases and how to counter them, it doesn't just stop for 70 years.

This is not OP

-OP

Why did you give up the only thing you were ever good at?

Ohhh Shit mike what up! It's tiny rick

Let's not forget the 5 percent success rate, as opposed to non-twelve step SMART recovery which has a fifty percent rate.

>implying cults are only about money and that the majority of them weren't about power over the members that used controlling their finances as one of many tools to affect that goal

Fucking fuck me I need to do that.

>Let's not forget the 5 percent success rate
which is on par with scientific studies that have found that control groups using pure willpower have roughly an 8% 2 year success rate

Were you in San Juan during the "bon fire"

I mean... Drinking all day seems Fun at fjrts. But then you get to the nigger shit. Nowadays I biy short Coke at barsil to keep balance between drunk and frying

Yep.

Doesn't matter what way you do it - there's no evidence to suggest that AA helps a persons chances at all. At best it helps educate a person into understanding their affliction a bit better and not feeling so alone.

At worst, it sets someone up to fail.

You're also 12,000 days being the most boring and useless person on the planet. Way to be a party pooper, mother fucker.

Good Job! I'm 6 years drunk and wished I didn't waste 20-21 being sober. Drinking is the only cure for insomnia.

That being said it makes me fat as fuck and act like an unfuckable oaf unless I meet a really plastered chick who's more desperate than me.

The idea of pairing someone up with someone who's gone through it is a good one, but the miserable success rate suggests it's not implemented well.

Baselessly butthurt, okay.

HAHAHHAAHHHA NO...I moved into Duran a few days before that happened.. if you are who I think you are, I moved into Duran for a few days with you before you left!

Way to go dipshit loser mother fucker.

i was out of detox for 2 weeks and i drank again last night. existence is agony

oh fuck yall
its me BIG TONY TWO COCKS

I had already left Hope by the sea at that point but I was actually at the duran house the night of the bonfire. I'm not Dante lol

OHHHHHH were you the guy that came over and you and Dante called San Juan and that's when Kyle said, "DO NOT COME OVER" hahahhahaha

Hungover here too after making it two weeks with no drinking. Feels bad man.

Am alcohol on cheapest beer. Am drunk now. I abstain from liquor for this reason even though it would be cheaper. I can't control myself on beer, I just rode a bicycle a mile round trip to get more before they closed. If I had a liquor problem it would ruin me

why did you need a faggot god club to do this?

addicts are weak humans, who need to gtfo..

being sober and proud of it is the same as being
praised for losing weight... you are fuckin supposed to live healthy.

or if you prefer a more Sup Forums like example
its like being proud of being a black father, that didnt leave its children...

Yes Kurt vonnegut was an alcoholic and had bouts of sobriety. There's no drunk stories about him that I've encountered but he defintely wronged people in his personal life because of his drinking and many who knew him attributed his curmgedeonly behavior to his alcoholism.

this is true. a lot of trashing AA in this thread but this is the core premise and it holds true

Thanks Mr. Perfect! Want me to suck your dick for a dollar?

are you prepared for when you relapse and have to start over again? not trolling, just an old drunk who's been through this 100s of times and i find that youngins need to prepare for falling off the wagon and getting back on again

I'm 26 and at almost 2 years. No one is ever prepared for it and not should they be. It's not an inevitability

Have you had the nightmares yet where you dream that you're waking up after another bender and can't remeber exactly what you did but are sure you really fucked up something important in your life?

>muh jounals.
Kek tres teenage.

Not OP but holy shit I get those whenever I'm trying to sober up.

Not OP but yes, have had several and they're terrifying

Kek true. But examine thyself. And being anymous I am the perfect source of therapy!

58, longest stretch I did was 12 years. I've found that I'm better prepared, as are many I've talked to, if I acknowledge that I am powerless against alcohol and need to ensure I don't even take one drink while acknowledging that if I do slip that doesn't mean it's the end of the world and I get to give up and wallow in misery and drink every day again. Life happens, one day your mother's gonna die and if you fall off the wagon and get drunk that day you need to accept it and get back on the wagon instead of spending another few years in the shit faced rodeo. ;)

I've been an alcohol for 3 years now. Drinking almost every day (at least 5 days a week) to the point of blacking/passing out.

Usually its a 12 pack of beer but I can go through a handle in a few days.

I know I have a problem but it is very hard for me to stop. I get DTs after 3 days and the shakes and anxiety don't go away...

Same, I can't control myself with liqour but will get wasted off beer and not feel ashamed.

5 months sober now best feeling ever

agreed

it's a very good way to learn the "spiritual orientation" necessary to quit drinking, but the way the program perpetuates itself (saying its the only way, saying "your higher power can be the group", insisting on sponsoring new people in, etc) is cult-like

I think the need for a solid higher power is real. AA's main point is that you can't do it entirely yourself AND other people can't help you, so you need God. just God! but then it starts to become a cult when it says "and like Jesus, ya know, you need to *spread the message* to others who are sick and suffering"

like yeah, you should do that. do that for friends and loved ones you know to be suffering. explain to them what you did to get sober.

you don't *need* AA meetings for any of that but they're a good way to connect with people in your same boat

shouldn't treat it like a club and play strictly by its rules or try to "succeed" in it

/rant

those are the worst nightmares of life. I've called in to work sick because i felt so guilty after those. They never seem to go away .. 2 years and then bam one hits you again. it's worse than the ones where you think your teeth are rotting out and you keep pulling your teeth out

Could you smoke a j instead OP?

Or almost as bad as dreams your back with an ex or something.

I genuinely believe there are some people who are constitutionally incapable of using drugs moderately

whether it's biological or "just too faggy" to do so doesn't matter if every single time they do drugs they go crazy. these people should just stop.

I understand that and that makes sense to not lose hope and give up if you relapse, but it shouldn't be something you expect to happen. I know i can never have a sip of alcohol or painkillers or anything but i refuse to believe that I'm powerless against it. That's why i never started AA after the first day or the 12 step program. I refuse to admit that I'm powerless and lead to believe hat only a higher power can help me. I believe in my own strength, will power, and perseverance to get through to the end

yeah you need to fix the psychological issues which demands a lot of work on your part, not just making a weekly talk therapy meeting and taking more pills

Well I honeslt appreciate that very much and wish you will.

Source please
>spoiler alert: there is none

Do you workout now? If not what habit have you started to replace your old one?

tbf SMART meetings are full of housewives who want to cut out their nightly glass of wine (literally saw a woman in one trying to deal with her "sugar addiction") and not the sort of bottom of the barrel criminal scumbags that AA works with

ways you can tell that we are alcoholics - we all started talking about ourselves even if we disguised it as questions for op.

Op) - why do you think you drink, and what made you want to quit?

Jesus Christ this is retarded. Let me guess, you declared your atheism at 17 and never miss an opportunity to point it out to everyone you meet?

Thank you. And I to you. Never give up hope and believe in yourself above all else. You will always have the power within to keep going. The choice will always be yours to make, and you can always make the right one

lol been to both and this is fucking dead on. My problem with AA meetings is going home and going "well .. i can have a couple whiskeys tonight, im not as bad as those guys"

Is that supposed to be an achievement? Weak fagot.

found the chronic relapser

Do the world a favor and die?

How do you deal with the intense boredom in the first week or so? Nothing I do while drunk is fun to me when I'm sober so I end up just sleeping a lot because I don't know what else to do to have fun anymore.