Dear friends

Dear friends,

should i believe the bible is inspired of god?

Nope just written by a couple of faggots who were bored

depends on your definition of Gxd.

what about prophecy and shit

AHH. He put the little x. lol

Ignore what inspired an author. Seek out what authors wrote that inspires you.

what does that mean?

what do you mean?

idk what to believe. haven't seen anything that would prove god exists, and all anyone ever tells me in response is "FAITH"

I mean that questions like "did god inspire someone to write something" are the wrong questions to ask.

Read it. Does it inspire you? Then it's important. Does it fail to inspire you? Then what inspired the author doesn't matter.

Just a little joke. How can you use God's name in vain if God is just a word for God and not its actual name?

I don't get how god could drown people and sic bears on children and condone Lot fucking his daughters,just to name a few fucked stories found in the bible. also the unquestionable truth of evolution. The bible is fucked.

but like it matters if god inspired it. should i condemn homosexuality or not? should i live by its morals or not. all in all it seems.. hard to understand.

Those were different times.
The bible says, no premarital sex, seems harsh, until you realise, the girls tended to get married at age 14, so no sex before marriage might not be such a bad idea.

Read them. Decide how you feel about the things that are written.

>should i condemn homosexuality or not?
Read the books. Not a quote taken out of context that someone else is telling you meant something. Read the whole book, and decide for yourself. But pro-tip? You won't condemn people based on anything you read in the new testament.

1 Corinthians 6:9 clearly condemns homosexual acts..

Believe whatever the fuck you want, you die at the end anyway.

yeah but i don't wanna waste my life doing pointless shit

Have you ever actually read the new testament?

Not one random quote from one random letter. But the whole thing, in context?

Because a couple hundred pages of "everyone who tries to be good and kind" sets off one quote where suddenly some shithead who never met Jesus wrote a letter to some people that said "girly-men don't go to heaven, though!" Because that's not the balance of the message. It's one, minor passage, that's contradicted by countless other quotes.

The beatitudes don't read:
>Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven, unless they're kinda faggy.

> in context
You mean cherrypicking?

No. In-context is the opposite of cherry picking.

Sure, I guess you know what the correct context is, right?
Which parts are real and which just 'stories', when god really hates people and when it's just the person talking in gods name, who hates people.
Funny how the correct context also supports whatever you want to read from the bible. It's almost as if it could be used to justify anything.

wow that was profound.

checked

>It's almost as if it could be used to justify anything.
It can be. But if you get through the whole thing, you won't come away with a message of condemning people.

Don't know. If you find out if it's real or not let me know, I been wondering the same.

God hates faggots.

If you believe in an afterlife is your own choice. I find it stifling.
Fluoride in drinking water
Fluoride in Teflon coating
Lead contamination in soil
Lead paint
Estrogen in drinking water
Radionuclide contamination in high phosphorus fertilizer
Slag exposure
Food shortage
Over population
Eugenics
Civil unrest
Boredom
Pathogens
World peace?
Aliens
Aliens
Dark wizards
Psychics
Class warfare
Class warfare
Supervolcanoes
Accidental injury
Depression
Criminal behaviour
Fluoride in toothpaste
Under exercise
Tooth decay
Poor oral hygiene
Coconuts
Ragweed
Fire ants
Killer bees
Climate change
Stagnation
Illegal dumping
Orbital drift
Greed
Xenophobia
Corruption?
Gender warfare
Black widow/brown recluse
Gamma radiation
Seismic anomaly

Yeah, because you as a person have been taught to think that way.
If you had lived a couple decades earlier, you probably would've come to the conclusion, that white christian males are superior to everyone, based on the bible.
Nowadays you're living in a time that tries to promote tolerance, peace and equality and suddenly the book also promotes tolerance, peace and equality (you know, if we ignore the parts that don't fit).
What a coincident.

if OP believes that claptrap, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell him

I was about to jump off my balcony to my death. but then I read this.

Thank you friend.