Other urls found in this thread:

haloguitars.com/store/new-wide-neck-model-octavia
youtube.com/watch?v=6KT0ZO0XhCk
rbt.asia/mu/thread/64766683/#64766955
rbt.asia/mu/thread/64766683/#64776617
rbt.asia/mu/thread/64766683/#64776846
clyp.it/2vkqgegs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gee, I wonder how Christian managed to make money to buy some "cheap" land from.
Oh wait, he's from a rich family and made money off his garbage albums during his stretch in jail.

Just be born rich, dummy

Any opinions appreciated.

My friend bought a 3D grand auditorium Michael Kelly guitar but after a week in a half regretted it. Now he's offering it to me for 540 with case, tuner, and shubb capo. Is it worth or should I just decline? Pic related.

How much did he pay for it and why does he regret it?

He paid 780 on the guitar alone, case was another hundred. The guy plays flamenco but decided he should have a nice acoustic in his collection of spanish guitars. Now he realised how little he likes non spanish jamming.

Has anyone played a Halo guitar? I'm thinking of buying the wide neck model.

haloguitars.com/store/new-wide-neck-model-octavia

$729* actually. I should mention the guitar went on sale on the website
for 499, but still. He's giving me all that extra stuff too.

He bought a piece of shit that sounded like ass and now he's trying to cut his loses by selling it to a retard who doesn't know dick about guitars.

He bought it online because he's a fucking idiot, that's what idiots do, they buy guitars they never laid their hands on or played.

lol this is more like it

Have you heard this thing before? Not trying to sound aggressive, but if I subtract everything else he's giving me with the guitar, the guitar comes around to 380. This guitar has a warm sound to it , and a nice finish.

What kind of guitar is this on the left?

Look, you obviously don't know shit about guitars and you want someone to give you some reassurance you're not making a mistake.

You are though, but that's what noobs do. It's a cheap piece of shit, but what difference does it make? Go buy it if you want, if you're interested you have to start somewhere.

Playing music is a learning process and you're going to spend money on your education one way or another. You don't know a warm sounding guitar from a hole in the ground. Play it for a year or so and then go to a music store and compare it to different guitars.

That'll be day one, remember me if it ever happens.

And how experienced are you? How do I know you're not just some b8er? What mid-tier guitar would you recommend?

I like guitar

This guy gets it

I just wrote a chord on Ultimate Guitar and it got approved. Can you guys take a look at it? I want others to make sure it's right.

I started on an Epiphone SG Jr. in 2000, I'm 17 years in. I wouldn't recommend any acoustic in that price range, they're all going to be garbage. Electrics are a slightly different story depending on what you're interested in. What I said before still stands, if you want it then get it. It doesn't matter in that price range and if you're going to start you have to start somewhere.

The answer to your other question? You don't, that's why it isn't a good idea asking questions here.

Watch my band's simulcasts

>be rich and white, still end up in jail for murder
>out in 20something years because progressive government believes in rehabilitation
>dedicate your life to bitching about people and the government when you are living proof that what you preach is wrong

this just hit me
kek

Kristian may be many things, smart isn't really one of them. And yes, I'm using his real name since he'll always be that little shit from the the snobbier part of my city.

Is that Polvo my man?

lol

good mornin gg

sup samuel

what you doen roman

It's going for less than 500€ used.
I would say 500€ with everything it's the right price

are you going to kys
why

What scale does this song use? G#m?
youtube.com/watch?v=6KT0ZO0XhCk

someone redpill me on Dwarfcraft Devices

being sick

lulz

>tfw my guitar cable hole is broke

How the fuck can you not fix what is the easiest part to deal with on a guitar?

hofner violin bass (beatle bass)

the input just floats around in the hole how do I fix that?

Post a picture.

So what's wrong, no contact with the cable or is the connector just loose?

I think the connector is loose whatever that means, it's just attached to cable but nothing else

Are chinese Gretsch guitars any good? or should i give up and go for an Epi Les paul?
Im planning on buying pic related but i´ve seen the resale value in less than half

try to find old jap lawsuits

I picked up the seagull I was talking about yesterday, she's a beauty.

Sounds beautiful, the heavy gauge strings are tough on my fingers (used to playing 9s and 10s on electric guitar) but I'll get used to it.

Pull it out, connect a cable to it, see if there's contact between both the skirt and the pin in the middle. If there is and there's no signal still. There's a broken cable somewhere.

It's usually the pin in the middle. You can carefully bend that more over so that the jack has good connection. Long term you'll want a new one

Just slap on 10-47s and be done with it. You don't need thick strings to sound good.

And the headstock. It could probably use some new strings but besides that (and a tiny bit of dust) it's like new. 250€ well spent.

damn I'm retarded I forgot that there was a ring to keep the input steady I foxed it thanks anyways

>damn I'm retarded
Damn straight you are, did you switch from bass?

>He paid 780 on the guitar alone
>They're $499 direct from the manufacturer and on every retail site.

lmao your "friend" is trying to unload his bad purchases on you. Learn to recognize when people are trying to use you senpai.

I guess that's an option. I thought acoustics always come with .12s?

so, how do find the balance between practising the guitar and listenibg to music to get inspired? both can be time consuming

anyways there should be a meme like this but with a guitar

What they come with and what they play great with aren't necessarily the same. I have 10-47 elixirs on my Yamaha and it's fucking great to play.

I don't know amps.

But i do know i like tubes, but i can only play at low volumes.

Am i retarded for looking for low watt amps to go through a 12" Greenback?

Nah nigger, almost every respectable guitarrist does that,small and nice tube amps that goes through the mixer

Good point. Guitar strings are cheap anyway, might as well try it I guess. Why the elixirs? I thought the coating was kind of a gimmick and dampened the sound a bit? Besides that I'd just get standard daddarions, any other ideas?

>Why the elixirs?
They last longer, less finger noise and the loss in tone is miniscule. I use 80/20 bronze for the added brightness.

i think i heard somewhere that the coating flakes and cause buzz?

Never been an issue. If you use your pick very hard, you'll shred the coating on that end, but it will never cause buzzing. It's a thin coat of the same plastic used in making Gore-tex. It doesn't flake.

>tfw finally got into music theory and beginning to understand why songs work the way they do
shit's mad fun. No idea why some people treat it like it's a chore.

what do you need to understand it? chord progressions? and you can learn to understand songs structures if you listen enough you start to notice patterns without being able to word it

am i supposed to count the beat while practicing to a metronome that doesnt count the beats it just marks time? restart on the 1 if i commit a mistake etc. or not care about the beats

...oh no, i know i'm supposed to, cause i'll have to know it while playing with a band so i dont get lost when the rhythm section gets less static. im just looking for an approval for my laziness. i have to learn to count but its so hard for my dead brain

i dont feel fun anymore so maybe thats why

That's not a bass and the shape is wrong.

Looks like an Eko. They're not anything to salivate over.

what are the thickest gauge of acoustic strings commonly avaiable?

bb king said he started with 17s and thats how he got his fingers strong so i want to get as close to that gauge

do i need to be really good techically and do these exercises and know these stuff that you learn taking classes with big pros, if i want to go professional about guitar

>roman
why do you think anyone believes you with no recent timestamps

>went on sale
Hahaha, it's an under $500 guitar made in China. Your buddy ain't gonna lose a dime on this deal. Offer $250 to $300 but only because there's a case.

rbt.asia/mu/thread/64766683/#64766955
rbt.asia/mu/thread/64766683/#64776617
rbt.asia/mu/thread/64766683/#64776846

Remember when I told you to watch? I made you a promise, user!

>17
man that sounds like an overkill, you dont need that for building strength

What is it that you think you're doing?Everyone just thinks you're a weeb faggot, what an epic trole xD

It can be done but realize tube amps sound better the more they are pushed. Maybe also invest on an attenuator.

Meme strings for beginners who fell for marketing
Try the daddario nyxl

See:

>29 Posters
>2/3rds of which are me
Don't worry, you be talking to yourself for 310 posts soon enough ;^)

what are you talking about

thats right. if he can only play at really low volumes he should get a 1w amp with an attenuator so he can get poweramp saturation

Only idiots are against learning music theory because they are too stupid to get it. Thats why this board has some vocal music theory is a meme posters.

lol

It was bait, you fucking retards.

Greenbacks are known for their breakup when being pushed, that's why guitarists use them. No, a low wattage amp isn't going to push a greenback into speaker distortion. No it doesn't make any sense to buy a greenback for a low wattage amp.

You're all a bunch of Goddamn idiots, I just provided proof.

>Try the daddario nyxl
Those are electric strings.

You're literally talking about learning about the same idea, but favoring a way more tedious and difficult of getting there

is there a 10w greenback

>12" Greenback
Not what was asked.

Once again: stupid shits itt

clyp.it/2vkqgegs

Does anyone recognize this right here, I've been trying to remember what I learned it from

standard greenbacks are 12" and i didnt mention their size in my post, i think youre confused

^ This was the question.
^ These were the replies.

The question was about low wattage amps and speaker distortion with 12" Greenbacks. You can always delete your reply if it embarrasses you.

can we stop all this fighting and talk about the greatest guitarist of our generation? talking about the lovely and talented grimes of course. pic related what a badass right

>find a cool sounding song to play
>it uses a capo

Wow, Ace is fucking insane.

Hell yes! I aspire to be more like Grimes everyday!
>fantastic songwriter
>amazing artist
>beautiful
>kick ass guitar player
I've been listening to her music and following her career for a few months now and she never fails to inspire me. Grimes made me a better person. Believe it.

You... You are the biggest piece of shit in this entire thread.

is it caypo or cawpo?

yes i do

who

I've never seen a video of Grimes actually playing a guitar, spoon me up brah

anyone can compose songs and put chords together but only ace frehley can attack the guitar like ace frehley

i think in israel its gaypo

>Ace
Ooooooooh sheiiiiiiiit, now there's a name that hasn't darkened /gg/s door in quite some time!

What's up, fa/gg/ot? Let's put our trips back on and slu/gg/ it out like the old days! Whadda ya say?!?

awww yiss grimes plays the hell out sum guhtar