What was Sweden's problem around and during WW2?

>Finland fighting Soviets
>blocks aid to Finland
>Norway invaded by Germany
>pretends everything is okay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qTuTDRfdqZk
youtube.com/watch?v=Tor6ajdISOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>blocks aid to Finland
Quite the opposite, we sent fuckloads of aid to Finland. Also, we took in Finnish refugees and 8000 Swedish volunteers fought in the Winter War

Our military had plans to liberate both Norway and Denmark but Britain beat us to it

We sent all our jews over to them

Did they return to Denmark after the war? I bloody hope so

Nope, they're in Malmö

please take them back

You see, we produce and export peaceful weaponry to all sides so we can stay neutral, we are truly the masters of jämnställdhet :^)

>Britain beat us to it

They let Germany go through their territory to invade Norway.

>jämnställdhet
what is it?

it's a leftist buzzword that roughly means "equality". he spelled it wrong though

Because we're the meat shield that has to fall before anyone seriously does anything.

are u saying u can fall suomi-senpai

You sent nothing officially because you're spineless cowards who blocked military aid from countries who were actually willing to fight with us, all this whilst getting rich off of trade with both Nazis and Soviets. Your volunteers don't redeem your cowardice, even more Hungarians volunteered

Swedes are truly the Jews of the North

they were "neutral"

Fuck you you ungrateful peice of shit, you're lucky we helped you at all. Should've just let Stalin send your asses to gulags

This

We Swedes are one of the lost tribes of Israel, also all the paygans who are all like muh vikings probably didnt know that we Swedes were reputable for our merchant skills

What are you on?

In winter war there were 8 000 swedish volunteers and only 600~ hungarians. Otherwise i agree, they were absolutely spineless government.

ffs you blocked allies from sending troops here. Granted that that would've happened that would've saved hundreds of thousands of lives. Sweden's petty tries of seem friendly with it's neighbours were extremely transparent ego polishing. Your government btw almost declined to give back the warchildren after the war.

Not him but are you saying you did it for purely altruistic reasons? The volunteers deserve praise, but your government pretty much did it so that they wouldn't get attacked themselves.

Swedes are the master race. All other people are just tools to further our goals

hell seger

They let the Germans use their railroads to invade us. They also gave the Germans iron so they could make more weapons

>finns die protecting Sweden
Some things never change. Appreciate it!

>blocks aid to Finland
Yeah, "Aid to Finland" aiming to occupy northern Sweden and the iron fields. If we allowed that aid the north would become another theater of war. The government exists to protect its people. Why would we want to expand the war into Sweden for no good reason.

We did what we could to aid Finland and Norwegian resistance without actually entering the war. Supplied Finland with extensive material support.

Not anymore. We should sell Åland to russians and let you fucks shrivel in fear for the rest of your existance.

Finland will always be an ungrateful country. You were an independent country, we had no military alliance and literally no responsibility for you after the russofication and yet this.

>135,402 rifles, 347 machine guns, 450 light machine guns with >50,013,300 rounds of small arms ammunition;
>144 field guns, 100 anti-aircraft guns and 92 anti-armour guns with >301,846 shells;
>300 sea mines and 500 depth charges;
>17 fighter aircraft, 5 light bombers, 1 DC-2 transport aircraft turned into bomber, and 3 reconnaissance aircraft, totally comprising 1/3 of the Swedish air force at the time.

>It is known that at least 15,000 Swedes volunteered to fight alongside the Finns, with 10,000 accepted for training and 8,000 actually went to Finland in organised units before the war ended, which can be compared to the largest contributor to the International brigades, France, during the entire Spanish Civil War. In addition a smaller number of individuals joined the Finnish army units or operated mechanical shops repairing equipment, mainly in the Swedish speaking south of Finland. The Swedish government and public also sent food, clothing, medicine, weapons and ammunition to aid the Finns during this conflict. This military aid included:[4]

You were already invaded and had capitulated, because the assault and conquest of Norway was done by paratroopers flown in from Germany. The Germans moved troops back and forth from Norway over Swedish rail though. And we hosted the Norwegian resistance and had training camps for Norwegian seperatists.

Damn right and we regret nothing. Too bad Hitler didn't gas you all while he was at it

FUCK swedes

Everyone calls us mountain jews, but Sweden are the real kikes of the north.

You got us covered in WW3 right? Thanks! We'll send 300-400 finns residing in Sweden to help you out!

There's nothing to be grateful of but our own commitment and bare survival. Newsflash, we lost both of those wars. The first one very much because of your government. and that one led to the second conflict.

BTW, 60% of the warchildren were somehow traumatized and bullied in the host country. Thanks for creating an unstable generation amongst already a war-traumatized generation.

This.

no fuck you, we are the rulers of the north and if it wasn't for us you'd probably be speaking Russian right now

I'm sick and tired of all these lesser nordics getting uppetiy all the time

Other Nordics crying about Sweden not doing enough to help them is like children crying to their parents.
It is only natural.

All these rightful Swedish clay ""countries"" being buttmad, I swear by Allah you will all be ours soon

allah allah allah allah

Norge är vad Finland är för Sverige, fast för Danmark

So this is the power of psychosis.

go fuck yourself sverige

>fuckloads

Daily reminder Northen "Sweden" is rightful Finnish clay

Absolute horse-shit. And before ww2 Swedish-Finnish relations weren't even very good.

>Even though central politicians and officials had been converted and convinced of the necessity for a closer Swedish–Finnish cooperation, parliamentarians and prominent individuals did not change their anti-Swedish or anti-Finnish attitudes as easily. Impressions made (in both countries) in connection with Finland's independence, civil war, the Åland crisis, language strife, and the Lapua Movement all stuck. These impressions, in turn, were compounded by a tendency in Sweden to emphasize the danger of Nazi expansionism and to view the Soviet Union with a great deal of goodwill: in Finland, however, the converse view was dominant.

Not to mention that Sweden sent as many volenteers to Finland and France did to Spain. Difference is that France is many times the size of Sweden.

We owed you _nothing_, yet you still recieved.

soon...

How is this not fuckloads?
We sent you one third of our entire airforce.

Tfw the Anglos did more to help us than the Swedes

People that have not met finns do not understand that they are literally mongols and act like niggers.

WE WUZ-tier
DA OPPRESIVE WYATT SWEDISH MAYN CAYME N FUCKD AR EMPIRE N SHEEEEIT

Is that strange? You exited the union of our countries and put a Danish prince on your throne just to spite us.

You deserved it

Finland and northern Sweden was uncivilized and barbaric before we conquered it. It's our clay now

why should we help you? what has Norway ever done for us?

how is this fuckloads?

>Absolute horse-shit. And before ww2 Swedish-Finnish relations weren't even very good.

Yeah i know this. I'm sad we were cucked into the nordic council and post ww2 your country has become the pampering fucknut who doesn't do "anything if we're not in it" If it were up to the people there'd be a milehigh wall between our countries.

Tfw G*rmans did more to help us than swedes, and funny enough some random swede is here to cry for attention.

t. i've met 0 finns

Considering that we barely had an army, or equipment for ourselves, giving away even small arms was generous.

>Swedish military strength was at one of its low points due to the grand disarmament of 1925. The rearmament program decided in 1936 hadn't yet had any substantial effect on the armed forces. The army only had 16 tanks apart from a small number of tankettes armed with machine guns. Air defence guns were few and the air force only had 36 Gloster Gladiator fighters. Modern artillery was very limited, short range guns of the great war era or older were the norm. Worse was that no modern military material was available for purchase, as the producing countries regarded exports secondary to equipping the own armed forces. Worst of all, training had been very reduced in a 1925 decision to cut back on the armed forces, most units didn't have winter training and left army units needing to conduct rehearsal training after a mobilization.

You literally know nothing about the situation in Sweden during the second world war. We weren't equipped any more than Norway was to fight a war.

>implying any of our neighbourly countries would help us if the roles has been reversed

Didnt sweden deny the norwegian royal family a safe haven when they were scared of being executed by hitler?
They actually taught us this in school probably the only thing we ever learned about sweden, bigger cowards than the french

pathetic

Sweden and Finland weren't even friendly with each other at the time. There was no military alliance or even defensive pact.

We owed you nothing, literally nothing.

It's true, we wouldn't help you.

why would we help Danish scum that has warred with us for millenia?

And yet we sent you all of this

>135,402 rifles, 347 machine guns, 450 light machine guns with >50,013,300 rounds of small arms ammunition;
>144 field guns, 100 anti-aircraft guns and 92 anti-armour guns with >301,846 shells;
>300 sea mines and 500 depth charges;
>17 fighter aircraft, 5 light bombers, 1 DC-2 transport aircraft turned into bomber, and 3 reconnaissance aircraft, totally comprising 1/3 of the Swedish air force at the time.

Did you believe Sweden had a large standing army full of tank battalions you fucking retard?

Exactly, so be grateful you still exist because it's largely thanks to swedish aid and a swedish general :^)

this

I'm not even here to h8 or anything, BUT calling a 20 plane contribution to an air war where 2000+ planes were shot down fuckloads is a bit questionable

wow it's nothing

You mean the royal Norwegian family that was actually Danish, and put in place after they decided to become independent from us?

Seems like a strange thing to want protection from the very country you declared independence from 30 years earlier.

>a swedish general :^)

Don't get overly proud, he was an ethnic german who grew up in imperial russian aristocracy and would've chosen imperial russia 10/10 times over Sweden or Finland for that matter.

Again, the Anglos helped. Truly our greatest allies

didn't get shit and mannerheim was german

>135 402 rifles, machine guns and 50 000 000 rounds of ammunition is nothing
Only in Finland
>17 fighter aircraft, 5 light bombers, 1/3rd of our entire air force

Yeah, no neutral country has ever sent 1/3rd of its entire airforce to help a country they weren't even friendly with.
Actually, it's a hell of a lot. Especially if you consider that we didn't even have enough to arm our own army properly.

>boohoo Sweden why didn't you pointlessly throw away your country's independence to help us in a losing war
>t. Finland

Correct me if I'm wrong but in mannerheims famous speeches he is adressing finns in.....swedish?

Africa begins at the scandes

Especially since Finland wasn't even a friend in pre-ww2 times and there were no agreements of alliance of defensive pacts between our two countries.

It's like asking why Poland didn't go to war against Russia when Russia sent their little men into Crimea

Might've done you good tbqh

Hiding like bitches, finns fought your wars for years you know.

>Actually, it's a hell of a lot

It's really not. Even the bestest of the best pilots couldn't utilize so low numbers of airforce against the force we had to fight. No matter how you look at it it couldn't even make a difference. Your government threw them out of goodwill to the gutter, not so you could cry about appreciation 70 years later. I'll conclude my arguments here as i have nothing more to say to a horde of moronic swedish nationalists who have their fingers so far up their ass they have hard time creating anything but literal crying.

>finns
Eastern swedes if I may

t. guy giving a speech right now in english

Tietääkseni ei arvon hurriseni.

youtube.com/watch?v=qTuTDRfdqZk

youtube.com/watch?v=Tor6ajdISOo

You told me we weren't even friendly :^)
So you can forget that gayass svecoman talk.

What the fuck am I even reading.
Firstly, I like how you completely left out all the rifles, machineguns, light machineguns.

113 field guns, 100 anti-aircraft guns (which you almost had none of yourself)
92 anti-armour guns with 301 846 shells

Do you understand how much that is? Especially for a small little country in the north without a real army?

>swedes
Northern krauts if I may

it's the other way around, Germans are the southern bastards of Swedes

Hejsan kära svennar!

wrong

>hurr durr mannerheim addressess a swedish volunteer group

>Famous speeches.

Aye but nonetheless absolutely irrelevant considering what certain other countries where able to provide. Most finns fought with soviet rifles, hungarian/german helmets. and blew shits to pieces with german machinery.

I'd rather bend my gratitude to the kraut, but sadly i don't see them in every thread begging for appreciation.

Give that some thought you utter moron.

You forgot to add, that you sold wrong caliber ammo.

wow we really got jewed

>finns are too dumb to buy the right type of ammunition

>135,402 rifles, 347 machine guns,
>450 light machine guns with
>50,013,300 rounds of small arms ammunition;
>144 field guns,
>100 anti-aircraft guns
>92 anti-armour guns with
>301,846 shells;
>300 sea mines
>1/3rd of our entire airforce
>8000 volunteers
>Sent to a country that we were barely friendly with, and had no alliance or other types of agreements with
>irrelevant
>It's nothing

Fuck me man. I've never heard so much fucking bullshit in my life. This shit makes me genuinely despite Finnish people, you're as ungrateful as niggers and arabs.

>Finland and northern Sweden was uncivilized and barbaric
Much like you were before Christians, right?
And now the same repeats with Muslims. Well done, you've achieved the peak of civilization.

Anyway, this is ancient shit.
See you again when ice hockey matches start.

Soviets best ally, running into bullets and leaving us all sorts of cool shit all day

thats literally nothing, i'll tip my hat to the volunteers tho since its veteran day.

You forgot to mention my favorite Swedish achievement:

The Swedish Polish wars

ahahahahahaha

>>Sent to a country that we were barely friendly with, and had no alliance or other types of agreements with

Keep on crying about that. many countries who we had no alliance or treaaties with send us equipment. Granted even much more.

Just to list a few:

Germany, the country that originally divied us up to USSR in Molotov-ribbentrop pact.

Hungary, literally who to us and to them

Italy, Same

France and Britain, well they had plans to bring USSR down when they were weak but thanks to you that didn't happen, so Thanks that's what you wanted to hear all along wasn' it :^)

>This shit makes me genuinely despite Finnish people

Don't worry Sup Forums has made me literally despise swedes a long time ago. so nothing of value was lost.

Don't bother you fucking rat. If most Finnish people are like you lot in this thread our two countries really should cut all ties and cooperation we have today.

>Swedes claiming too be superior at all
Hahahaha, reminder, our government said that when you collapse, anyone trying to come here will be shot.

We cut our ties when you didn't help bitchboi :DD

>Germany
>Italy
>Hungary
lmao
They sent you shit because you were fighting the same enemy as they were.
We were neutral and had litrally no relations with you at all.

>despise Swedes
Great, you're a worthless pack of rats anyhow.