youtube.com/watch?v=YrPYFCa6TRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jNMt5BV_7MY
youtube.com/watch?v=EAW1ch4CARQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PKB4cioGs98
youtube.com/watch?v=fB63ztKnGvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Idm for the most part.

Rock

Trip Hop, Britpop, Madchester - you know, most of these local genres that were characteristic for its time

>this guy thinks house is dead

it is, you junky faggot

>mfw even normies know spinnin records is a mafia and all their "artists" are actually puppets whose songs are made by ghost producers

Just because you're an asocial basement dweller that never goes to night clubs doesn't mean that one of the most dominant and prevalent genres of today is dead.

Jazz

i go to elite night clubs, not those shitholes where every faggot has bleached hair, wears kanye glasses from the 2008, pink wife beaters and overdoses on extasy

>most dominant
>prevalent

tell me 3 HUGE house DJ names that are big stars right now

And what do they play in those clubs, rich boy?

mainly rap and the current fotm hits

CALVIN HARRIS
AVICII
DAVID GUETTA

>rap in nightclubs
Are they even trying?

are we in 2013 still?
reggaeton summer hits have taken the place of edm summer hits

take that back

pop shitters basically

and only Calvin Harris is still relevant from those 3

the "big" house DJs are people like Mark Knight and Carl Cox, and no one gives a fuck about them

>a genre that started in early 80's is suddenly dead because it's not in top 5 spots of billboard's list this summer

Yeah, then every genre except for reggaeton and memerap is dead

its still being eaten up but nothing special has come out of it in the last year or so, it's kinda dead in terms of creativity. its not as big in america as it used to be, the two biggest genres there are rap and EDM (david guetta et c), but it's pretty big elsewhere.

gorgon city
low steppa
hot since 82
mark knight
yotto

it's not, you racist rockist

>gorgon city
>low steppa
>hot since 82
>mark knight
>yotto
LITERAL whos, how is this this the "most dominant and prevalent" genre then

>ive never heard of them so they're not famous
i only heard of kate bush for the first time 2 weeks ago but that doesn't mean she's not big

youtube.com/watch?v=O48hUxxJxS8
>51m views

youtube.com/watch?v=P5S8OTUhOTI
>7.8m views, also done work with tiesto

youtube.com/watch?v=UV9Zi9rUHx8
>3.5m views

low steppa & yotto would be known names if you're into the music but i'll be generous and say they're "literal whos" because you might not otherwise, although for what its worth yotto's played the SSE arena in wembley

>i only heard of kate bush for the first time 2 weeks ago
This is not something to brag about, newfag. Leave.

>nothing special has come out of it in the last year or so

youtube.com/watch?v=j9ddNzFU8Xg
youtube.com/watch?v=xiSYWEmF_-s
youtube.com/watch?v=YdwWFJ0zDEY
youtube.com/watch?v=JC0qh5mFIOg
youtube.com/watch?v=UooZqhKrb2w
youtube.com/watch?v=8tKKNV5sXUs
youtube.com/watch?v=qbEWpDw_q54
youtube.com/watch?v=NckpLXj5q7s
youtube.com/watch?v=YrPYFCa6TRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jNMt5BV_7MY
youtube.com/watch?v=EAW1ch4CARQ

why do you care about anyone being 'big stars'? why not just quality music?

which part of the "most dominant and prevalent genre" its hard for you to understand?

there are emo-rock videos with 100 mill views on youtube, does that make it the most prevalent genre too?

can you mongs learn to follow the conversation chain in these threads instead of jumping in the middle with your hot opinions?

the whole conversation started when some other user called house one of the "most dominant and prevalent genres" which is simply untrue

we are not discussing the quality of it

it is MUCH truer than retarded OP calling it a dead genre

also, that user didn't say it is the most dominant and prevalent genre but ONE OF which is indeed true if we judge it by billboard hot 100 of last few years

ive been here for 5 years, do you listen to every single musical name you ever encounter? if so i envy your free time.

i haven't heard of any of these producers but i'll take a listen, i stopped listening to house when the "samba house" started getting really popular so i went back to listening to trance.

i never claimed it was "the most dominant and prevelant genre", that was a different user. you asked for at least 3 big DJs/producers and i showed you 5. if thats not enough

youtube.com/watch?v=PKB4cioGs98
>151m views

youtube.com/watch?v=fB63ztKnGvo
>121m views

the best dance singles/eps/abums are always been released in the underground and obscurity.

garage/ "future" garage
dnb
trip hop
rock