Remember when this show was good, Sup Forums?

Remember when this show was good, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1tgsxdQ-bzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When did it go bad? I haven't seen it yet.

Maybe the first season was ok but even then it was a soap opera

No

No

It was never good, even when it started it was shitted on for trying to be Batman.

Started season 3, then took a nosedive season 4

>Felicity and Friends was ever good

I wonder if the actress knows her character is ruining the show. Amell seems like he's lost his spirit completely, he used to be enthuseastic at cons and shit but these days he looks almost depressed. So he definitely knows that the show has turned to shit.

>kill Felicity
>just keep oli and based diggle

??????

>Cucks Welcome Network
>Good
Are you a girl or what

It was never good, but it was watchable in S1.

>revive Laurel

Of course she does. Everyone knows. But they are in it for the paycheck. They are in too deep

just a reminder that Laurel was the most annoying person in the show before Felicity took the crown

Probably not because the the Felicity Defense Squad does not let anyone bad mouth Emily Bett Rickards on the net. Say something bad about Emily or the character and you get molded as a sexist.
And I'm getting tired of Stephen Amell as well. He is starting to come at fans that are critics of the fucking 'Olicity' ship as well.

Never watched it, but looks like nu-male garbage.

She got better. And killing her off pissed off a lot of people. So killing off Felicity and bringing back Laurel could help opinions on the show

Laurel had actual character development, and Felicity was so incredibly shit that she overtook Laurel as the worst character on the show. Felicity may take the crown as the worst character in television history.

I remember season 1.

It declines in stages. Early season 2 (somewhere between ep 6 and... 12?) with the Mayor Blood plotline is the first hit. Then another decline with start of season 3. And even worse in season 4.

Yeah I'm leaning towards them being blinded by the echo chamber of fans who praise everything they do no matter how shit it is.

>YOU LIE TO ME

>I'M JUST WANTED TO PROTECT YOU

>MORE LIES!!!

she doesn't. the other supporters are. arrow + diggle + felicity would still work. but after I have seen the preview for the new season I have lost all hope.

Reviving Laurel at this point will be detrimental to the series. The character should not have died to begin with and reviving her will show the further incompetence of the writers of the show.

Yes, Laurel was kind of overbearing in the first season, but I liked the arc of tearing her down in season 2 and building her back up (storylines of characters hitting rock bottom hit home with me). And the arc of her becoming Black Canary, even though it was rushed in my opinion, was pretty good. However, she was kind of a forgotton character in S4, up until the few episodes before she died, which was a slap in the face of Black Canary fans.

Nah. Amell knows it is shit. You should have seen his facebook responds when people shit on Felicity or the writing. I think he is just too jaded now that he stops replying to everyone and is only in it for the paycheck since TMNT2 flopped.

Season 5 actually sounds ok. Showrunner has said they are gonna go back to basics, "we know what works now, and what doesn't", which is nice way of saying everyone told us last season was shit.

The flashbacks sound interesting and they have acknowledged they needed to better and are going to do the final year of flashbacks "right". No Team Arrow is also good, as Oliver will be training a new group of heroes this season.

If they make the flashbacks and fight choreography good again, largely scale down Team Arrow/Olicity and have some decent vigilantes along with a good big boss it might just be watchable this season.

youtube.com/watch?v=1tgsxdQ-bzM

>YOU LEFT ME OUT OF THE DECISION BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR FORMER LOVER ABOUT YOUR CHILD WHICH ISN'T MY BUSINESS OR MY CHOICE TO MAKE. NOW LET ME WALK OUT WITH MY MAGICAL SPINE IMPLANT

I wouldn't really call them fans per say. I think it is a small quadrant of the viewers that do this, then paid bots who are shown to give praise. Anyways, the showrunners and writers are paying attention to the wrong section of fans and it will ultimately get the show canceled.

Yeah, fans is the wrong word. Mostly just SJW brigadiers on twitter who only care about pushing their own opinions onto shows.

>Season 5 actually sounds ok. >Showrunner has said they are gonna go back to basics

Hahahahahahahahaha
Stop user. You will only hurt yourself in the end

>Showrunner has said they are going back to basics
Yeah that was Wendy Mericle who said that I believe, and she said somewhat of the same thing before season 4 and we all know how shit that season was.

desu the choreography in that trailer looks worlds better than s3/4

I stopped watching. What happened to Diggle?

Yeah, I see your point. Amell was once the lead in a good show, and now his character is not even the focus anymore or is the focus for the wrong reasons.

Remember when season 3 sounded ok
Remember when season 4 sounded ok
Now you're saying season 5 sounds ok
Stop buying into their shit user

Is this hot to you?

>largely scale down Team Arrow/Olicity

She's going to date the villain.

He's alive, has a kid, wife runs Argus and brother's a douchebag. That's literally it. He's just kinda there most of the time now. He doesn't do anything unless the plot demands it like the aforementioned douchebag brother then goes right back to being just there

This is one of the few capes hit adaptions where I feel it was better off being gritty and realistic instead of embracing it's comic booky roots.

I liked the show better when it was a bootleg Nolan Batman.

The story they are going with apparently is that Diggle is going back into the military this season. And apparently, most of the Flashpoint consequences in the show are going to affect the Diggle character per the rumor mill.

He got butthurt at Oliver for a while because Oliver kidnapped his wife while pretending to have gone to the dark side to ruse Ra's Al Ghul. Lately he ragequit after killing his evil brother who was alive all along and went back to the military.

What? The show isn't embracing it's comic booky roots nor is it gritty and realistic. It is bad because it is going full retard in the drama department that no one fucking asked for.

What should have happened in season 3 is that after the DNA sampling comes back from the arrows that killed Sara, Ollie goes RAGE-mode and puts an arrow through Malcolm's eye like he did Slade. And Malcom does his typical "I know you won't go through with it" bullshit and fakes being dead using Pufferfish powder. Then Ollie's like "I didn't mean to kill him." So then he has Thea trying to exact revenge for her father as she learns that Ollie is the Arrow. Then the guy that slept with Thea who has been spying on everyone all along to kill Malcom, reports this to Ra's, who decides to coerce Thea and captures her in order to spite Malcom over his "grave." Malcom comes out of hiding and tells Ollie he has to save Thea. Ollie goes to fight Ra's over Thea who now could care less that Malcom is alive. Ollie dies, but something he says to Thea (who is watching), secretly tips her off that Malcom is not dead. She realizes it was all a ploy to get her to join the league and become a killer to slay Ra's and put her father's blood oath to rest. However, Ra's can't possibly know she knows, so ultimately she decides killing him is the only option she has. However, Nisa realizes something about Sara's death and that the one who killed Sara wasn't Ollie but Thea. She challenges Thea, interrupting her chance at revenge. But they get interrupted themselves by Sarab, who has secretly saved Ollie. He confides in Thea that Ollie is still alive, and if she dies here against Ra's (because Ollie has told him everything), that it will be for naught because he might as well be dead (callback to his dead son), and in addition to that, he can't allow her to do that anyway. After watching the battle between Thea and Nisa, Ra's continues her training to be the new Ra's al Ghul.
/Season End

They're introducing a lot of new characters, doesn't strike much confidence.

PROMETHEUS

>A mysterious new vigilante whose lethal methods put in on a colision course with the Green Arrow.

RENE RAMIREZ / WILD DOG (Rick Gonzalez)

>An ex-Marine turned vigilante operating in Star City, whose reckless and cocksure nature prompts the Green Arrow to take him under his wing.

EVELYN SHARP / ARTEMIS (Madison McLaughlin)

>One year after masquerading as the Black Canary to pursue vengeance against Damien Darhk for the death of her parents, Evelyn resurfaces determined to forge her own heroic identity under Green Arrow's tutelage.

ADRIAN CHASE / VIGILANTE (Josh Segarra)

>Star City's new District Attorney who joins forces with Mayor Oliver Queen to take on organized crime. Chase aspires to clean up the streets by using the legal system, but soon realizes he'll have to take matters in his own hands to enact justice.

Off-topic, but I would knock the bottom out of Madison McLaughlin

RORY REGAN / RAGMAN (Joe Dinicol)

>Fresh from a personal tragedy, Rory relocates to Star City in search of answers, and discovers new purpose after crossing paths with Green Arrow.

Maybe first three eps.

I think you did, and it was better than anything you could come up with, hence you're mad.

The show lost me in S3, too much dumb shit to really tolerate.

S1 and 2 were god damn great, I kept anticipating the next episode in each and liked the flashback scenes equally as much as the present story. When Oliver got off the Island to go wherever the fuck it just dampened in quality.

Now there's too many retards running around in costumes, I don't want that shit.

At least they finally killed Laurel.

It wasn't ever good.

I liked the first two seasons, but I never understood what someone who isn't a DCfag (I am one of those) could get out of it.

>Now there's too many retards running around in costumes, I don't want that shit.

Yeah, What I liked about the show was that it was low key when it came to the superhero stuff. The Flash works too because it's being honest about being a silly superhero show that's totally over the top. Current arrow is stuck in between being a silly costume show and serious. And it just doesn't work.

The writing team of the first 2 seasons of Arrow left the show to write Flash instead. Then the writing turned to absolute shit.

It was, then became forced drama
Then I stopped watching after he """"died"""" and came back to life via magical japanese herb. Like kill yoruself, this is a DC universe where magic exists and you want to talk to me about a japanese herb? foh

Is green arror the lamest dc hero

Green Arrow is actually pretty good and cool when not done by a complete hack

that fucking scene

Shut up man he's my favorite, but I stopped watching after Season 3 this show is garbage

>I can't believe that you didn't want to throw away your chance of being a part of your son's life forever because of our shallow love scenes

Laurel spent a season getting the shit kicked out of her and actually stopped being such a cunt in the process. Just as they got Laurel to a good place. then they kill her off? But fucking felicity is allowed to stay to continue ruining the show?

No. It was always cringy melodramatic shit with horrible dialogue and/or acting.

I remember when the first 12 episode of season 3 were good (well except 5-7) and then the massive nose dive came along

>tfw watched the first half of season 3 and enjoyed it
>still unsure of whether the rest of the series is really as bad as everyone says or if i should risk it and watch more

Yeah, I thought S1 got decent about halfway through and S2 was actually pretty compelling, but it was all downhill from there. I mean yeah it had elements of your typical CW soap opera and there was some obvious pandering to teenage girls but I could put with that for some decent writing and fun action.
If you've really gotten to the midseason finale, then stop. I say this as someone who put up with the entire third season and most of the fourth before quitting.
This. They made Laurel's character complete shit in S2 to make Olicity more understandable and easier to shoehorn. Then once Olicity was a thing they gave Laurel some good character development, had her get the shit kicked out of her multiple times, and then let her take a more active role in the team and gave her some plot.

No. Yes.