Sup my Amerifags. Bong here

Sup my Amerifags. Bong here.

I am trying to get more into my bourbon whiskey and was wondering if you have any recommendations?

Elijah Craig 12 year.

Bulliet

I like Makers Mark for cocktail mixing. Makes a great manhattan

Wild turkey 101 straight and warm.

Finally I good question on Sup Forums
Jim Beam Black is great for the price but my personal favorite is Eagle Rare

I've had Jim beam before and liked it but along with Jack Daniels it's on the shelves all over the UK. I was thinking of something most people here wouldn't have heard of

hipster

Just recommend me a bourbon nigger

scotch

This is my point I drink scotch already im trying to broaden my horizons

manhattan needs rye.

Slow and low rye whiskey

what are u after? neat sipping, mixing?
smooth? sharp?

i too mostly drink scotch and sometimes irish whiskey, but i just cant get used to the flavor of bourbon

I drink my scotch neat or with single ice cube. Smooth

Beam Black for every day sipping. Blantons or Makers Mark for special occasions. Hate assholes who'll ask for my good bourbon and then drown it with Coke.

makers mark

check
blantons gold if ur a big spender
makers mark if ur a med spender
jack if ur poor

Knob creek is a good daily driver.

Cedar Ridge is awesome.

nice but prob to sharp for op. The rye is a lot less sweet than wheat/corn

Jack green was made for drowning in coke.

Jack is not Bourbon. Pisses me off when a bartender offers me Jack when I ask for Bourbon. Bourbon comes from Kentucky. Jack is a knockoff, and sold as Tennessee sipping whiskey.

Wild Turkey 101 is my go to, but Old Grand Dad 114 is pretty damn good too.

It's the same process for making though right?

I will spend if it's a really good bourbon.

kinda related when I was doing a semester abroad in OZ I kept on getting served bundaberg and coke at every party. How ghetto was/is that?

woodford reserve is awesome. . These guys don't know what they're talking about. At the very least, you should get single barrel.

oh, and whoever said anything about wild turkey is trying to troll you.

E.H. Taylor
Angels Envy
Orphan Barrel
Pappy Van Winkle

>It's the same process for making though right?
Process may be the same but ingredients vary. The water in much of KY has a very high content of dissolved lime, makes a difference

Great thread so far, by the way OP, since you're a britbong do you have any English or Welsh whisky to recommend? Something similar to Scotch Islays?
Cheers form Frogland.

Wild Turkey 101 is great, so is The Rare Breed. The regular 80 proof tastes like paint stripper.

Agree, give Knob Creek a try. Recently got a bottle as a gift, it's great for sipping.

Bulleit Whiskey or Jameson.
Can't go wrong with either.

this is a good answer. also Evan Williams, Bulleit and Four Roses.

jameson is irish whiskey. he's looking for american bourbon.

Hey bong. I don't know how powerful you like your bourbon yet. My go to was Wild Turkey 101. It's strong, but warming and delicious. They have an 80 proof as well.

I've been getting more into rye bourbons lately too. If you see Wild Turkey Rye, try it. It's kind of hard to find. Bullitt also makes a rye bourbon that's very solid. Makes for a good Old Fashioned (get some good maraschino cherries, not the fluorescent red ones you see on sundaes).

If those aren't available, I look for Buffalo Trace, Maker's, or Jim Beam.

Bourbon and scotch are truly the spirit of patricians. What have you been enjoying, OP?

Four Roses, fuck yeah I forgot to mention them. They are a solid distillery, very good stuff.

My man. We call that "neat" btw.

Isn't alcohol haram in your country?

bong=english. so, yes.

Mitchers... Great for an 'Old Fashion'

I've been enjoying isle of jura I think that's my favourite scotch

Oh yeah please don't tell my Muslim overlords that I'm sipping the devil's water

This 100%, it's the fountain of youth

Seconded and I'm a fucking bribong. 20 Years turned my home town from decent working class area where people took pride in their shit to shitskin central.

aberlour is good, if you enjoy scotch more than bourbon. i'm sure you have access to way better ones that i do.

it sounds harsh, but i can feel your pain. i hope they will be forced to assimilate by some force of god or nature.

Evan Williams is very underrated. It is my everyday drink because it is dirt cheap and tastes better than a lot of "good" bourbons

Makers Mark casket strength is about 112 proof but smooth and delicious. Same goes for Stagg Jr, it's about 130 proof but great.

Anything by Four Roses is awesome. Especially their single barrel.

If you can find it, Blanton is awesome as well.

They've been given all the help needed to assimilate, but they choose not to. Purge them or forever surrender to the brown tides

Willett Family Reserve

that's exactly why i like it! thank you for confirming this for me. i have an acquaintance that views it similarly favorable.

You can't go wrong with Basil Hayden or Buffalo Trace.

Eagle rare, woodford reserve, 4 roses, Pappy van winkle if you're looking for the better ones (more expensive, but great neat).

makers mark/makers 46/eagle rare/bulleit/woodford reserve

would be my choice

I think Maker's 46 is gross. Maker's is pretty good though.

Stand aside, kiddies, Kentucky bourbon salesman here.

OP, you want a bottle of Elmer T Lee. Lower proof, rich flavor.

This bad boy right here.
Pappy is overpriced and people only want it for the name. Proof usually too high for most

>assimilate a population you import by the millions

Heaven's Hill. It's 10 bucks for 1L

>Basil Hayden is a great recommendation....

Personally for a bit less expensive i prefer the Gentleman Jack as my daily, and the single barrel Jack as an occasional treat. Basil Hayden is definitely the 'gift' bottle for special occasions as long as you know the receiver will crack the bottle open during the party

Bookers is a fine bourbon

Kentuckyfag here again.
Nyet comrade. Heaven hill is shit. Benchmark 8 is the well bourbon made by buffalo trace. 9 bucks for a bottle.

For an old fashioned I would suggest four roses or makers. Whistle pig is good straight

Knob Creek

Haven't seen that one in PA

Best kept secret: Evan Williams white label. 100 proof and smooth as silk - plus it is very inexpensive.

Eagle rare is good, too bad I stopped drinking hard alcohol like a pussy.

One good one I haven't seen mentioned yet, Angel's Envy. A bit pricey but worth it

Inexpensive but tasty well bourbon.
Blanton's is a quality bourbon if you want something really nice

this. good quality and doesn't break the bank.

also try their rye whiskey.

tastes like a sugary drink. avoid

Steer clear of one called Town Branch. It tries to tout itself as "the bourbon of Lexington" but anybody here in lex avoids it because it's shit compared to the other brands that have been perfected by the hillbillies in the past 100 years
#justkentuckythings

i love buffalo trace. fucking hard to find it in north carolina though. it's basically rationed.

Old Granddad 114 is cheap and amazing. Four Roses Small Batch and Wild Turkey 101 are also great choices. Anyone recommending Beam or JD is to be ignored.

46 is one of my favorites. hate the regular one.

Bourbon can be made anywhere in the US. But it must be made in the US to be bourbon.

Never onew that, cheers

>Sup my Amerifags. Bong here.
>
>I am trying to get more into my bourbon whiskey and was wondering if you have any recommendations?

yeah, drink single malt.
bourbon is piss.

Wasmunds Single Malt. Not technically bourbon, but probably the best American Whiskey I've ever had. Woodford Double Barrel is good.

maker's mark is good, knob creek is better if you can find it.

fuck you buddy

this. jack and jimmy are rot gut for the most part.

i live just outside of raleigh, NC. we have to buy liquor at ABC stores only in this state. i drive 10 miles further south into the real redneck areas and their ABC stores have the best bourbon selection. most of the ones in the city are just stocked with shit tier stuff that moves fast.

Jack meets the qualifications for bourbon but they call it Tennessee whiskey because they hate Kentucky. It's not really all the great though imo

Buffalo Trace.
Dubliner is also a nice whiskey, Bourbon cask aged so it's got some of that sweetness.

Kentuckyfag here again,

No. It must be made in KENTUCKY to be bourbon, otherwise it's just whiskey. True you COULD make it anywhere but Boone wants bourbon not made in KY. There's stuff made in Texas that claims to be bourbon but no one will but it. It just gathers dust. Fun fact: Kentucky rests on a limestone shelf that naturally filtrates the water. Other states don't have that. That's why noobs don't know to use twice boiled water if it's going to be added to bourbon

Dude, Yanks produce the most foul and cheap booze ffs just buy nice Scottish whiskey you dumb dumb.

Jack is Tennessee whiskey bc it is charcoal filtered (The Lincoln County process). It's still classified as boubon though.

Sorry,
The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 C.F.R. 5) state that bourbon made for U.S. consumption must be:

Produced in the United States[19]
Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn[20]
Aged in new, charred oak containers[20]
Distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume)[20]
Entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume)[20]
Bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume)[21]

it calls for rye.
it doesn't NEED rye.
think outside the box for a minute and realize that you can substitute with excellent results.

This. This is why bourbon can be made anywhere in the US and most Tennessee whiskeys are also bourbons.

Best old fashioned recipe:

Buffalo trace W L Weller special reserve
Rocks style ice cube
Agnostura bitters
Small lemon peel
Dash of simple syrup

boubon is good straight or for mixing cocktails. you could try getting some good rye whiskey if you wanted to get really hipstery.

Had this in Chicago. It changed my life.

better with orange peel imo

I made this with lime juice and a lime peel instead of sugar and bitters, works fine.