What's the best lake in Europe, and why is it Balaton in Hungary?

What's the best lake in Europe, and why is it Balaton in Hungary?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MkPjK_paCwA
youtu.be/pRQ-VVtodyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lake of Bourget

Como is better

Bodensee is pretty nice.

Königssee, ugezs.

Sea>lakes

>Salt "water"

Absolutely Disgusting.png

In your opinion, does this lake have dead bodies inside (from murder or suicide)?

I think most lakes do

Most lakes do. When I got my diving certification, I trained in a lake in a rural area. We found a car with two dead people in it - they were from the 1970's, and they probably drove into the lake while drunk in the fall or spring, when the water was cold, but not quite frozen.

This was almost 25m deep, and at night, so it was very bizarre and kind of scary to find them.

I'm legit scared of lakes

why

There are a lots of world war planes in it.

Christ that's comfy.

its objectively the best but westerners have really good PR so theyll market their shit better than us

>flat beaches, hilly beaches, partytown, wineplaces, small balaton, town to chill, good views, cheap, good service

it has everything
MUH SEA
enjoy your skincancer and polluted waters

pretty salty for a lake fag

>Balaton
>Hungary
You spelled Slovenia and Bled incorrectly.

Nice try

youtu.be/MkPjK_paCwA

It's not as open as the ocean which means the creatures in it will be near you wherever you are

The creatures in it also aren't fucking scary and awful like ocean ones are. At least fish in lakes won't take you god damned leg off.

But the possibility that the creature can hurt you in any way (for example jellyfish) is gone, and the water is extremely calm compared to the sea, so it's very soothing.

ahh yes the creatures

In oceans the creatures will be far away from the coast + here in Europe we have many folk myths about monsters in lakes which everyone knows isn't true but it could still provoke fear from childhood

Underrated post

Also, North America has a coupe of nice lakes.
>Lake Champlain - borders New York, Vermont, and Quebec

Although all lakes in Denmark look like this and will be a crime scene at some point, so maybe that's why

Lakeletts can not compete with 592 km2

youtu.be/pRQ-VVtodyg

The real answer is Ohrid lake

1. The oldest lake in all of Europe and one of the deeps
2. Slavic literacy invented in it (cyrillic) during 7th century the height of the first Bulgarian empire so it's filled with early medieval scripts, churches and forts that they used to fight the Byzantines

All the other lakes just have water

This is at the top

>lake why
huh

lake how*

Lake Superior is >82,000 km2

>THICC

But perhaps TOO big. The Great Lakes are not very "cozy" in many areas; it's just a giant sheet of water stretching into the horizon.

illiterate faggot

Blatno lake is Slovene clay but you'reright, lake Bled is superior

Biggest lake of Western Europe outside of Fennoscandia represent

Inari is pretty nice, clean and clear as heck with a few thousand islands just waiting to get comfy on

big doesn't mean anything, big lakes are actually pleb tier, medium sized alpine lakes are superior

this

When I was a kid I thought Hungary was a buddhist country, you know, BUDApest

Sorry but that would be Annecy lake

Wtf? I stayed in that village to the right just like 2 weeks ago.
Absolutely beautiful and comfy.
>view from the other side on the village

I boat on Superior, I wonder what I can catch at 400 meters down.

Did you go fishing?

barrels containing mafia skellys

I have read old stories of Chicago mafia dumping bodies in Lake Michigan.

there you go

near the mountains in nsw

this beats all

Áhkájávrre in northern sweden

Torneträsk in sweden

Helvetinjärvi National Park has some calm areas. The lakes are surrounded by steep ridges and dense forestation, which are great when Autumn sets in.

Sadly, no.
Going fishing is kinda pain in the ass in many european countries. You need a licence, need to buy a day/month/year pass to fish on special lakes etc. etc.

Switzerland + lake = perfection

i like the vänern : ))))~

Prolly not among the best lakes of europe, but it's a lake I like.