If e-sports are really sports then why do the athletes us nick names instead of their real names like in other sports...

if e-sports are really sports then why do the athletes us nick names instead of their real names like in other sports. they have their real last name on their jerseys. not names like faze rug or optic scumpy

>nick names instead of their real names
Please direct your attention to the nation of Brazil
>Pele
Edson Arantes do Nascimento
>Juninho
Osvaldo Giroldo Júnior
>Ronaldinho
Ronaldo de Assis Moreira

and many many others

Givanildo Vieira de Sousa. Or simply Hulk

I follow e-sports, but don't really consider them sports. Definitely more of a sport than chess tho.

I don't think the etymology of a word needs to strictly define it as well. The word e-sports came from the word "sports", but they still mean different things.

>why do the athletes us nick names instead of their real names like in other sports
real shitty reasoning right here
other sports use real names, therefore if you use nicknames it's not a sport
unlike other sports, table tennis uses a plastic ball and a table. therefore it's not a sport
bravo

>there are actually people who pay money to watch other people play video games

>Bananinho
>Mosquito
>Bacteria

Glad Hulk no longer plays in Champions League matches so we don't have to hear Clive Tyldesley mention the origin of his nickname. Every. Fucking. Time.

>there are actually people who pay money to watch other people throw/kick an inflated toy at each other

>there are people that pay money to spectate anything

People watching in a crowded place is free entertainment.

I've never seen a whole sports league fail due to incompetence before.

I've watched esports for a long time (cs 1.6, starcraft 2, csgo, dota2) so I'm not an outsider but I agree. It's the most ridiculous thing seeing adults playing with a nickname. I'm not even a pro but if I play CS or any game that requires voice communication myself I use my real first name as nickname because it sounds so fucking awkward when people refer to each other with nicks.

List of Great Athletes
>Michael Jordan
>Walter Payton
>Babe Ruth
>Larry Bird

Great E""""Athletes""""""
>XxXHyper69XxX
>420shadowslayer
>Nugfluggler69
>XeXdXgXeXmXaXsXtXeXrX

>how to spot a burger whose idea of online gaming is xbox live

What was it, anyway?

Here are the top CS:Go players according to Google

>Janusz "snax" Pogorzelski.
>Freddy "KRiMZ" Johansson.
>Kévin "Ex6TenZ" Droolans.
>Ladislav "GuardiaN" Kovács.
>Nicolai "device" Reedtz.
>Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg.
>Olof "olofmeister" Kajbjer.
>Kenny "kennyS" Schrub.

only 2 of these are acceptable.

none of these are acceptable. fnatic has pretty much the only acceptable names with Dennis Edman playing as "dennis" and Jesper Wecksell playing as "JW"

What's the GOAT e"""sport""" and why is it Melee?

>none of these are acceptable
the fuck is wrong with KennyS? literally the guy's name

reverse capitalization

The S is his second initial. Of course it's capitalized.

except the k isn't so it isn't about capitalizing initials but about "looking cool"

>Artour

competitive transport tycoon when?

>ywn by the bad boy of competitive Euro truck who always speeds

>you will never live in a big house with your mates getting paid indecent $$ to play csgo all day
>you will never raise your muscular arms in front of gigantic crowd screaming your name
>you will never fuck your qt slav gf after winning a million dollar major in the most popular fps of all time
>you will never be PashaBiceps

leffen is the GOAT e-athlete
prove me wrong

Brood War was the only legit one.

Overwatch

Brood War you fucking turbo pleb

I'm waiting for competitive Europa Universalis IV to make my big break.

The real world will never ever take esports seriously.
It's easier to take "Ronaldinho" seriously than "vanquisher6" or whatever.

Boy oh boy wowee. Big Boy McEvoy has just hit up The Package, he's turned and kicked it straight through the I-diddle-diddle.

korean esports (the only country that matters) does this

Truly the country with the GOAT nicknames

that faggot literally just lost

>tfw no professional haxball
>tfw no professional kiekko.tk

>what is camelcase

OP, they aren't sports, they are esports. Different words, even obviously different spelling. Get it together dude.

i thought esports was just how you said it in french

>Not pic related
The undeniable GOAT, except less marketable.

>Forgot the pic
Fucks sake

Who has the GOAT name in esports history?

he's the GOAT personality wise, but he's not in regards to achievements

Those are nicknames that sound like real names. Gamers use completely made up names like "Xterminator" and "ShadowCheese" and shit like that.

>smashbros
>good esport

LMAO

I think its probably flash in starcraft, he was the most transcendent figure in esports. Might be overtaken by faker or some other league player soon.

Using stupid ass names is one the many reasons why competitive gaming (I'm not going to call it "esports") can never be taken seriously. Ultimate frisby players go by their real names. Skateboarders use their real names. Fucking professional Magic the Gathering players use their real names. No other competitive medium uses fake names, outside of maybe the WWE. But at leas in professional wrestling, they're creative with their names. The Rock. Hulk Hogan. Ray Mysterio. Andre the Giant. These are all good alter egos. Now let's look at the names of some top League of Legends players.

"ClearLove"
"Smeb"
"Ssumday"
"Yellowstar"

None of these names mean anything. They're just forum usernames.

This. Its like theyre playing online or something and then decide to become professional players.

>if e-sports are really sports
stopped right there amerifat. its called marketing, giving sth that name dont make it sport

Esports are happy being called Esports and don't want to be considered sports.

Your opening 5 words have shown you are either legitimately retarded or are baiting.