Led zeppelin or pink floyd?

led zeppelin or pink floyd?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xkO_qo1dbPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pink Floyd
Zep is also good, indie/pop fags who use music as fashion and social laddering will say otherwise

Pink Floyd.

Get off Sup Forums Dad

Led Zeppelin
Better songs and their albums aren't 70% filler

pleb

I only listened to like three pink floyd songs but it's enough to say that led zeppelin is better

Steely Dan

zeppelin had a better run

Nope led Zeppelin is just better they have a stronger discography

Pink Floyd didn't steal the songs they put out so they win for me.

this

Blues rock outfit.

Let's compare them to a Psychedelic Prog outfit that uses synthesizers.

Apples & Oranges

>dad rock

people compare the beatles and the stones, they only made similar music in the beginning years

SHINE OF YOUR VAGINA

Pink Floyd is a better band but Led Zeppelin has a more consistent discography

Pink Zeppelin

lol that's gay

>complains about "dadrock"
>likes krautrock
If you do this, life is just not for you

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin sounds goofy to me, some songs in houses of the holy are alright though

>nu-male music

Led Out!!!!!

Why?

Both because I actually like listening to music

this makes no sense

>hey guys do i fit in yet?

I always found Pink Floyd much more interesting musically but when Page and Jones experimented in the studio they made some cool stuff as well (No Quarter is a fucking great song). Still, most of Led Zep's stuff is largely derivative and not that interesting compared to their contemporaries.

Bands like Can and Kraftwerk ARE dadrock

no matter how much you will try, dad rock will always be shit

>dadrockists

they weren't experimental but they put out well made blues rock which was very heavy for it's time

Well my dad didn't listen to it so I can still like it :^)

Wow. I feel genuinely sorry for you.

no they're not idiot lol

Genuinely hard choice. I'll go with Floyd though because they have more good albums than Zeppelin. Everything after Houses of the Holy isn't particularly great imho.

Not stealing when youre making it better.....

Syd era floyd > early 70's floyd > Led Zeppelin > Waters era floyd > Gilmour era floyd

This is undisputable

kraftwerks krautrock albums aren't liked by dads, their electronic stuff is.
barely anyone knows who can is in the normal dad world.

neither

rockists in the 70s didn't know what krautrock was.

If you think Syd era was better than early 70s Floyd or even Waters Floyd you're genuinely retarded.

But it was you dipshit, all waters ever did was sing about his dead father and how much he hates politics. I don't give a shit about you or your father or your political beliefs, i just want cool psychedelic songs to trip out to or some whimsical childish poetry about bikes. Politics don't belong in fucking psychedelic music, it's supposed to take you out of the real world not shove it in your face.

Two different style groups. Led were a hard rock bad, hence the name. Pink Floyd were more sort of experimentation.

>apples and oranges is a pink floyd song
I've figured you out

Just don't pay attention to the lyrics then, retard. Meddle, Dark Side, Pigs and Wish You Were Here are all better drug music than Pipers.

Then stick to whimsey. Did it ever occur to you that Roger Waters pessimism in his music was a reaction to Syd's illness. Floyd took on a definitely darker tone from DSOTM onward. And personally that's my favorite Floyd although I do enjoy Syd's Floyd. Almost like two different bands really.

And saying all Waters wrote about was his dead daddy and politics is a bit of a generalization don't you think. He also wrote an album about the stresses of modern life and a tribute to his lost friend. Echoes were his lyrics. And he tried to be Barrett .. think Granchester Meadows.

Switch early 70s floyd with syd floyd and you're right

I'm talking about waters era as in The Wall and onwards. I love the albums you mentioned, in fact PF is my favourite band of all time so fuck you. I love everything they did up until the point where Waters (and then Gilmour) took complete control of the band. It was never a one man effort, not even when Syd wrote all the songs.

I do stick to it, i mostly listen to 67-75 and that's about it. It just gets too serious for me after that and i can appreciate it but not in the same way that i appreciate early PF. You're totally right though it's like two completely different bands after dark side came out. And yeah maybe he sings about some other depressing and real things, that has value but it's not in the right context from me. I'd expect that sort of thing to be on a punk album before a pink floyd album.

There's definitely a noticeable maturation in Pink Floyd as you move from Pipers to later albums. Not just lyrically but even instrumentally. Pipers is an interesting album but I wouldn't say I enjoy it exactly. Atom Heart Mother is really when Floyd get good.

This

Floyd was great, and Zeppelin had 3 amazing albums

> Waters era floyd

So what is that? Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut?

I'd say that's The wall and final cut. According to some shit i've read on wikipedia they were still getting along and working together on Animals. Wasn't until The Wall that Waters took complete control

Not even close.

Zeppelin far and away has a much more diverse discography....from blues, to metal, to spacey, to folk to reggae to symphonic and beyond.

hey dad

You read my mind. On Animals they were still working together fairly coherently. Even Mason did all the font and art design on the original vinyl jacket.

pf sound like amateurs compared to led. so led zep

>Syd era floyd >
If you're a faggot hipster. I bet Marc Maron shares your opinion. As did all the dipshit critics/music snobs during the 60s.

I prefer Dread Zeppelin over Led Zeppelin to be quite honest with you, fampai
youtube.com/watch?v=xkO_qo1dbPo

/thread

I see the point you're trying to make so I don't blame you for feeling this way. However, you seem to be new music and I would suggest learning a little bit about what good music sounds like before making posts on mu :)

>Gilmour era that low
Get the fuck out of here

I think it's more due to the fact that the first PF album i heard was dark side because it's so popular, but the first i listened to on my own was Piper and it just fucking hit me like no other album has. But yeah i guess i'm a hipster faggot for liking one of the most popular bands ever

>Dread Zeppelin

Mah' Afro American Brother from Another Mother!!!

Up there with The Dead Milkmen.

they both sucks

Momentary Lapse and Division Bell are both genuinely bad albums. Division Bell has High Hopes though so I guess it gets a pass.

dad rock is not good music, fuck off

>their albums aren't 70% filler
imagine being this much of a plen

Do you guys use fanny packs?

>Learning to Fly
>One Slip
>One the Turning Away
>Terminal Frost
>Sorrow
>What Do You Want From Me
>Wearing the Inside Out
>Take It Back
>Coming Back to Life
>Keep Talking
>Bad
Get your Cuck Side of the Goon ass out of my sight

One track off Wish You Were Here is equivalent quality to all those tracks combined fuckboy

Hey, you forgot Cluster One there, user.

Those are all Clapton/Dire Straits tier songs for fat truckers. Gilmour couldn't write good lyrics if they were hanging off his dick.

>making music for the hard working proletariat is a bad thing

Shit, you're right

>"music is bad because it's old"
opinion immediately discarded
you are the worst type of person

Certified pleb

Why does everybody say "Syd era Floyd?" Syd only really participated in one album and a few early singles, but everybody on Sup Forums lumps that in with all their other psychedelic albums. Not very fair to the other members.

Hey look everyone. A retard.

/thread

Yeah he's only in one song from Saucerful of Secrets, which is much more focused than Piper

Yes>Zeppelin>Rush>Pink Floyd

This is objective fact.

>Yes
Good joke

Floyd

Best band of all time by any criteria user.

>Rush
l o l

Oi I'm laffin' now m8, fucking Genesis is better than Yes

>Rush
kek

Led Zeppelin is better. That fusion of folk and bluesy hard rock just sounds better. They are better musicians too. Led Zeppelin songs are more intricate with more varied time signatures, chord progressions, and better playing. Their songs are more varied and always sound fresh. King Crimson is better than Pink Floyd as well.

Phil Collins is a sloppy alcoholic wanker. They're decent jammers sometimes but then the vocals start and I just want to kill myself.

I should've specified, Genesis when Peter Gabriel was at the front

Perhaps you should