Am I the only one who thinks we should bring $2 bills back...

Am I the only one who thinks we should bring $2 bills back? I'm thinking about getting stickers printed and spreading the idea around my city like Casey Nicetits did.

Fucking retard. Just go to the bank and they can give you a stack of them. They haven't ever gone away

is it thue that american coins don't have value written on them?

no.

Most strip clubs use these, it gives dancers that extra buck

no.

it is true that pre 1965 dimes, quarters, and halves are 90% silver.

Better start a petition for JFK half dollars while you're at it.

Nope. The penny says "one cent", the nickle says "five cents", the dime says "one dime" and a quarter says "quarter dollar"

So, while the dime is pretty much the only one that's a bit vague, it's still pretty straight forward.

How about we bring back the 3 cent piece and half pennies? And the gold and silver standard also so I know this shit is actually worth something other than my faith in the guberment.

no currency has value written on it. value is subjective. you could be stranded on a desert island with no chance of rescue with 10 cajillion bajillion dollars. does it have any value?

Also 1942-1945 war nickels are a higher percentage silver than normal, if I remember right. Since nickel would be needed for the war effort.

oh shut the fuck up. no one is trying to get into an existential debate about what is value.

those are 40% silver. during that time, copper was needed for ammo. if you find pennies made during WWII, they are steel...not copper

you can't refute the subject, attack the poster. you lose. :)

Rekt

no, but nickels and pennies cost more to produce than they're worth as scrap metal.

pre 1982 pennies are 95% copper, 5% zinc

pre 2014 nickels are 75% copper, 25% nickel

Thanks dumbcunt. They no longer print them which is what I mean.

But currency usually DOES have values printed on it. Just because your subjective opinion is that currency has, or has not value in certain situations does not dictate whether or not currency actually does in fact have value. Guess what. It does. Otherwise people wouldn't use it to buy shit.

But I never mentioned steel pennies. Cause they never contained any silver.
And the war nickels were 35% silver. Nickel would have been used for all sorts of stuff in the war.

The $2 is still around. Stupid idea. Always was. Cash drawers do not have a place for them. The $2 is as dumb as the dollar coin -- again, no place in a cash drawer for them. Just fucking stupid.

Yes they do.

whats a cash draw?

They still print $2 bills.

ok. list a currency that has it's value printed on it. don't confuse value with denomination

you're correct...war nickels are 35% silver. i was off by a cunt hair. 35% silver, 56% copper, 9% manganese

The Jews have debased our currency to the point where we can't afford to fucking mint a penny out of copper. Thanks, "Federal" Reserve.

There was no place for you, but we've accepted you. Don't be so hard on the currency.

Cash drawer... where the cash is kept in a cash register, compartments for singles, fives, tens, etc.

Dollar coins are a great idea. Get a new drawer design.

Plastic is readily molded.

Gee, thanks. I didn't realize you were doing me a favor.

Naw bro do like me and get as many from the banks as you can and pop what you don't need for the week in a safe.

You can sell a two dollar bill to a tourist for a ten

The federal reserve rarely requests for them to be printed.

Yeah, making a sale every fortnight

Lets not get into religion now.
But seriously. "Value" or its "denomination" are the exact same thing for all intents and purposes in this conversation. You're just being nit picky.
However, take any piece of current silver or gold bullion. It's value is stamped right on the fucker. I believe a one ounce American Gold Eagle says it has a VALUE of $50. You'd be retarded to exchange it for its "printed value" rather than its precious metal value, but there you go. A currency that has its value printed on it.

Now give me a fucking cookie.

no, you dumbshit.

value and denomination are two different things.

i suggest you look them up.

if i had 1 trillion iraqi dinars, are they worth anything? other than the paper they're printed on?

conversely....17th century spanish coins are no longer in circulation...but they are worth more than any currency being used today. got it?

These shits ain't rare at all.

there aren't any numbers on them, as far as I remeber. Ami-cucks think this is normal, but really every other country has numbers on them.
> every one knows what a dime is worth

So? They're common as fuck.

WTF are you doing with that many $2 bills? KEK

Bringin' 'em back

we should create a 50 cent bill and remove all coins. Just round everything up, fuck change

fair enough

fuck you, i like change

You're retarded. Those 1 trillion iraqi dinars are worth exactly 1 trillion iraqi dinars. Whatever buying power that may be.

And those 17th century coins have value only to a collector. They have zero buying power as they are. Less than zero. You walk up to someone who knows zero about 17th century coins and try to barter with that shit. "Yeah, sure. It's real". No. You walk up to a dealer who KNOWS their coins and ask them to trade a 100 bill for one of your supposedly authentic Spanish coins. Unless they know with 100% certainty it's real, you'll get jack shit. I've worked in coins and bullion before. I've seen it.

everyone pays with plastic anyways. Even if it's 75 cents in change i will tell them to keep it, I don't want that shit in my pocket all day

Nah. I think they need to rid of the pennie and start rounding to nearest 5's. Also a 2.50 dollar bill would be interesting and more practical.

then just pay with plastic, wtf

boy, you're powerful stupid, ain't ya.

those iraqi dinars have zero buying power...illustrating my point that value and denominations are two different things.

people spend millions recovering those 17th century spanish coins from shipwrecks because they are worth more than that.

you're a special kind of stupid

>series 2013
they still print them retard

So, google tells me
Search Results
10000 Iraqi Dinar equals
8.60290 US Dollar
And that's just 10 thousand.
So, you're saying even 100 billion which equals about 86 million US Dollars has a value of zero. Okay.
I give in. Can't beat stupid. And if you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em.
You're right. 1 trillion iraqi dinar is worth nothing. No value at all. How could I have been so ignorant?

no no no.
we need new coins and bills, to replace the old, where the new item is 5x the value of the old, to adjust for inflation
new penny. smallest, =5c
new nickel. larger, =25c
new dime, larger, = 50c
no quarter
new half dollar coin, larger, =$2.50
no dollar coin
new dollar bill, shorter, =$5
new 5 dollar bill, longer, =$25
new 10 dollar bill, longer, =50
and that would be it, only units of 1, 5. no units of 25 or 20. no larger bills. penny would now have nominal value. and our cash registers would still be able to ring up. otherwise, we have to scrap the penny

argumentum ad absurdum. you lose. :)

no. we need coins that are made from precious metals

back in the 1980s, Peet's Coffee used $2 bills for change, so we just put 10's under the drawer i think, like many stores put 20s 50s and 100s under. owner was Dutch, maybe the Dutch are like that. some sort of weird obsessive thriftiness with time, fewer bills means less time counting out change?

copper will be a precious metal soon. so we come full circle.....

they round prices up in australia, they havent collapsed yet. not even sure they also round down....

Dollar coins are a staple for people who commute with toll roads.
If you ever leave your moms basement you'll discover these things.

it already is.

pre 1982 pennies are worth 191% of their face value

Actually, using the wrong Latin term in the wrong context means that you lose. But seriously, I'm done. You're thick as a brick, yo. I'm going to continue life now. You should do the same.

i accept your concession. you still haven't refuted anything i've posted. you lose. :)

i pay my mom rent in Quatloos

EZ tag, you faggot.

if you ever leave your mom's basement, you'd know this

bitcoins

Is this your mom?