/BCG/ Bandcamp General

Last one died, so here's a new thread.
Rec, review and support these amazing artists, as always.

Other urls found in this thread:

thecartridgefamily1.bandcamp.com/album/here-comes-everybody
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/summer-websurfing
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-dream
andaloumoon.bandcamp.com/releases
svccy.bandcamp.com/track/main-road
svccy.bandcamp.com/track/dont-trust-them
svccy.bandcamp.com/track/rhapsody-of-a-new-era
homemedia.bandcamp.com/track/tidal-track
pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep
jerryhutchison.bandcamp.com/album/preacher-and-the-flock
lfstudios.bandcamp.com/album/a-beautiful-mess-demo
emochanel.bandcamp.com/album/to-be-content
hypergiantsasmr.bandcamp.com/album/presents-dj-hypermancer-s-the-reply-continuous-mix-ep
trevorma.bandcamp.com/
snoghost.bandcamp.com/album/press-start
morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/music
patreon.com/posts/12792259
terrenoiremusic.bandcamp.com/album/my-new-lord
thevexproject.bandcamp.com/album/february-fever-ep
susurrousmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-new-nothing
panopticon.bandcamp.com/
laplaceband.bandcamp.com/releases
etherealtalks.bandcamp.com/album/old-collars-stuff
gardanta.bandcamp.com/
connorleary.bandcamp.com/album/this-is-living-in-the-new-human-experiment
violentdreams.bandcamp.com/album/scared-of-the-dark
mcraigculbertson.bandcamp.com/
tantrumthrowers.bandcamp.com/album/tth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

jacobhutto.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Various Genres

>TWO BRAND NEW ALBUMS

>Into The Storm.
>Alt-Country, Ambient, Bedroom Pop, Folk, Folktronica, Freak Folk, Healing, Lo-Fi, Mental Health, Orchestral Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Soul.

>Where's The Humanity?
>Ambient, Chillwave, Field Recordings, Hypnagogic Pop, Lo-Fi, Musique Concrete, Noise, Progressive Electronic, Synthpop, Vaporwave.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

thecartridgefamily1.bandcamp.com/album/here-comes-everybody

>Trip Hop, Techno, Experimental, Ambient, Post Rock, Shoegaze

My latest, Here Comes Everybody - loosely inspired by Finnegans Wake; the album is cyclical like the book. I draw from Talk Talk, Tim Buckley, OPN, Tim Hecker, Miles Davis, Ligeti, Aphex, Julia Holter, King Crimson, Slowdive, Can, Eno, and many others - Would love feedback, cheers x

Jacob's on the watch it seems. Godspeed!

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/
>New stuff!
>Ambient and occasional singer-songwriter (although that will soon end)
>Stuff of various qualities and quantity
>I'm tired of making music

New fresh album Check out!!!!
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/summer-websurfing

old album
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-dream

>Vaporinet
>Dream
>Vaportrap
>Chillwave
>Sampled
>Smoth jazz

andaloumoon.bandcamp.com/releases

Only one beat tape out right now, but another one is on the way. One of the tracks from the upcoming album is on our Soundcloud. Looking for collaborators and people to produce for!

>eerie, ethereal hip hop
>beats for fans of Stars Of The Lid, Scott Walker, Dalek, cLOUDDEAD, etc.
>samples EAI, drone, noise, etc.

recommendations. Huge ups to these guys, seriously.

Gonna listen to HCE too, I love Finnegans Wake and this should be a treat

can't tell how much of this is just entirely ripped from the original; either way, it doesn't strike me as very creative sampling, would try altering the samples more

When I'm listening to a vaporwave release posted on the web I can't say if it's Svccy or somebody else.
Your music, to me, is still lacking YOUR identity. To make it somehow distinguishable from the rest. Not like I'm an expert on this genre or anything. But if your release can't make me change my mind upon vaporwave then I feel that nothing can't. The mixing seems very weird to me. It has this "vacuum" like feeling to it, especially while listening through the headphones. But I don't know, people will probably jump on this ship. I think I'm going to avoid buying a ticket.

I tried to make different album with clarinet solo play by me something DIFFERENT but the vaporwave comunity don't like it ... they want shitty sampled stuf...
listen this

svccy.bandcamp.com/track/main-road

svccy.bandcamp.com/track/dont-trust-them

svccy.bandcamp.com/track/rhapsody-of-a-new-era

THIS is different

>I've added my own made clarinet solo therefore it's different
No, it's really not. It's still vaporwave. You just make one less sample to it. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I don't sampled anything ... ahahh but free to think what you want

New track Jack

homemedia.bandcamp.com/track/tidal-track

>lofi
>surf
>indie
>dream pop
>beach

Just listened to the first track and BOY dis shit good. Definitely gonna listen to the rest in a sec.

Man this is some eerie shit right here. Real nice keep it up

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec

jerryhutchison.bandcamp.com/album/preacher-and-the-flock

>weird folk
>lofi
>awkward

lfstudios.bandcamp.com/album/a-beautiful-mess-demo

>Indierock

These are awesome

emochanel.bandcamp.com/album/to-be-content

bubblegum avant-noise pop luv music :))

I really like these guys

hypergiantsasmr.bandcamp.com/album/presents-dj-hypermancer-s-the-reply-continuous-mix-ep
>techno

luvin' it. good ol' bedroom music, very daniel johnston lots of passion every song has a different vibe i'm grtting some ween in there ?? i really dig it v v (((experimental))) (((((i eat that experimental stuff up btw)))))))

trevorma.bandcamp.com/

>lofi indie pop
>minimal guitar + beats
Wrote and recorded this ep in one night 7 months ago, over night instead of sleeping, so its a bit raw and minimal. Wanted to share it since I have a few new songs to post in a day or so
feelin it

you've carved out a nice eclectic sound for yourself, i like it

good fucking shit, enjoying the creativity in sound out of these three

snoghost.bandcamp.com/album/press-start

>video game-y
>beep boops
>chill
>i'm bad at describing my music do it for me

morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/music

>atmospheric and dark rhythmic noise

patreon.com/posts/12792259

>tfw only one dollar away from first Patreon goal
Oh boy, seeing this today made me very happy!

I will always recommend these guys!

Looks like there are a lot of new things in here. I will listen to a few of them and give feedback. I usually listen to full releases so it might take me a bit.

Okay, here are some ""legit"" """reviews"""! Warning - do not put feelings into these words. We are all amateurs after all.

Screams generic but it ain't too bad. Just generic. Although it's a demo so I do hope you'll change some things here and there later on.

This sort of album blows all my red alarms out of the proportion. Because OF COURSE the cover art is ugly, OF COURSE these have to be 1-2 minute tracks and OF COURSE there are no lyrics 'cause fuck you potential listener, you should understand what I'm blabbering about. Shame. To be honest I do not feel either shocked nor interested to go though this thing. It goes to the territories of "cringe" and I do feel like you put some heart into this (I do hope so at least). This thing ain't for me. And it has been done but others multiple times, almost to the point of being a meme.

I do feel somewhat indifferent about this. I do feel like a lot more could be done in terms of lyrics and instrumentation. Beats are sticking out way too much for me (again - the lack of instrumentation isn't helping here). Do appreciate your voice though, it's not too shabby. But, as of now, I'm not looking forward to your new song. Way too generic at the moment.

It's vidia music. Nothing big, nothing grand, just vidia music. I guess everything seems to be alright although I do feel that the mixing is tiny bit bloated. Also, although I can be sympathetic towards one's emotions, I do feel like this release lacks any sort of emotional punch. And I do feel this whole thing is a bit sterile which is great for soundtracking things but doesn't end up so well on an independent album release.

terrenoiremusic.bandcamp.com/album/my-new-lord

>post punk
>alt rock
>goth revival

thevexproject.bandcamp.com/album/february-fever-ep
>Indie
>Post Rock
>Math Rock
>emo
>Ambient

Also, some love to these guys:

interesting stuff! At first i was a bit put off by the somewhat nasal vocals, but i got used to it quickly. Very impressive that you made this on your own, keep it up

susurrousmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-new-nothing

Here's mine. Bit of everything, leaning towards synthpop/post-punk stuff. Would appreciate some feedback and I'll stick around to give some as well :)

All due respect for contributing, but its hard to get much out of these "reviews" that are basically just saying you don't like it and being critical, particularly when you don't put your own music on the line. If you're not going to post anything of your own it just feels like you're a heckler from the gallery, not a participant actually sharing something

But I did shared my stuff. Would be pretty weird if I hadn't, agreed

He did post his own music - and I think they're perfectly decent, what else did you want, just praise?

And yeah, quotations on the word "review" is pretty important - it is to indicate that they are not exactly that. Would probably say first impressions but that's just rolling off of the tongue. Additionally, I do strongly believe in conversation. If you feel like I've gave you a bad rap - tell me so, I'll elaborate on some points, you can provide some defenses for your own position. Just stick out of name-calling, will you? It will only work bad for one party.

C'mon man, you can do better than that. A song like 'best friend' seems to suggest that you have the skill to write a good melody and perhaps some decent songs, but it sounds like you're just not putting in the effort most of the time. And purposefully making your music sound 'lo-fi' doesn't make it any better when the songs just aren't that good.

Some songs (Amber She Dreamt in particular) are very good with some interesting guitar work, but others (Deep Maple) just don't have much going for them musically. Overall you did a good job capturing that 80's post-punk vibe, however, the vocals weren't all that great (I guess with Ian Curtis that's also a part of the 80's post punk vibe though, lol). Still an ok listen and I like the album art!

Gotcha, I don't check usernames. Honestly I agree with some of your points for all those posts but you really tore some of those guys a new one lol. Maybe I'm just white knighting and they're adults who don't mind, but it seems excessive to just lay into people without praising their better qualities.

I know no one's a kid here, but it's the same philosophy of just nurturing creativity I would follow with kids. You can point out what they did well while still criticizing. And it is probably more effective that way. Like it's hard to imagine has anything to directly take from feedback like their music is blabbery and cringeworthy. I agree their release could use more effort, but you see my point right? That's just my 2 cents.

panopticon.bandcamp.com/
>country EP
>thats it
My other album is instrumental stuff to work/relax to, so if you don't like one, the other is very different.

reccs:
I never really listen to bass, but your bass lines are actually really interesting, good job on that.

I have a lot of respect for non-sample based vaporwave (I guess it's not vaporwave then but yeah). This is really nice, reminds me of that 2814 album Birth of a New Day. You've certainly got a fan.

what program do you use?

This was cute but ultimately it didn't do anything with me. Granted this is not my style of preferred music but still. It just flowed along and I basically rarely even noticed it. Sometimes it got a bit on my nerves, though.

laplaceband.bandcamp.com/releases

>punk
>recorded in my basement

It is my band's first demo release, and we'll be working on getting an entire demo album together.

While I agree with you on the point that I might un-nurturing their creativity by providing my feedback I cannot stress this enough - there has to be a sore thumb in all of this. I strongly believe that you can express yourself regarding of the critique but when you put something out and share it with the crowd you should expect some harsh things thrown at you. I hate just forcing myself to say positive things when I see none. I hate being dishonest like that. So, in that case, I just say what's on my mind and what I feel is right and center in front of me, the way I'm seeing things. Sure, it can be supervised and polished and more consumable so it wouldn't rip somebody another hole in a body but it's all pointless. When it's bad - it's bad. Plain and simple. And it has to be pointed out in order to provide somebody a consideration of "maybe I should change this or that". As to the fellow - blabbering is important to the context since I can't understand half of what he's saying AND he didn't provided any lyrics to the tracks. If he have done that I would probably not mention it - I tend to blabber a lot with my singer-songwriter tries. And to the cringe factor - take a listen and tell me am I wrong in thinking that it is unpurposely cringey. To me - fuck yes it is!

you should be arrested and prosecuted for creating this

Ever heard of constructive criticism, jackass? You can dislike/hate the music for all I care, but we're all just amateurs with a hobby, no need for hostility

oh, i forgot.
and keep up the good work!

etherealtalks.bandcamp.com/album/old-collars-stuff

To be honest these tracks are here from the far 2009. The time when I lived in a small town and tried to find my actual sound. The most influental records for me were made by Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Einsturzende Neubaunten on the one hand and by Aphex Twin, Autechre, Venetian Snares on the other. Of course I realised that couldn't make anything similiar to the favourite artists. So, I started to experiment with my music. That's how MushroomWavved Collar appeared ;)
The album has 6 bonus tracks (so called secret part) and I recommend to download the whole item to give it a try.
In a few words, these tracks are too different to the main part. It sounds more like instrumental hip-hop with a crushing ending in the final two dissociative house tracks.

> Lo-fi, breakcore, noise, atmospheric

Yeah, but in this particular case it actually is so bad that hostility is the only viable response.

the 2nd track on that album is literally just pitched shifted voice of him reading the opening lines of The Stranger. That's just complete garbage and there's no other way to characterize.

I'm sorry but this is one of the least listenable "singer songwriter" projects I've heard on here. There are't many redeeming qualities. Songwriting is basically non-existent, there are sometimes a moment where it seems like a melody will peak through but never does - which is probably the most frustrating part of this listen. And for all's sake, please learn how to sing before you post this in public.

Yeah, right.

whatever, i'm fucking done

you don't even make music, you just mash the keyboard and say words sometimes. get off my shit

You really got trolled... Now you are posting to this guy: while you should shit on the guy who you commented upon.

The Outsider actually

Shut up, dude.

god damn

how can you be so cruel yet call yourself a musician?

gardanta.bandcamp.com/
>spoken word
>eldritch

Those last two comments (whatever i'm fucking done and the one about mashing on a keyboard) were posted by someone posting under my name. The one about hostility was my own and I do stand by it

Well, just so you know, the 'get off my shit' comment wasn't posted by me. Some loser is pretending to be me and posting under my name. Thanks for the feedback though.

no one cares

connorleary.bandcamp.com/album/this-is-living-in-the-new-human-experiment
> synthpop
> baroque pop
> beach boys meets new wave

appreciate you listening!

I'm impressed by your lyrics. The storytelling is entertaining and the rhymes sound very natural and unforced (something I struggle with) I like your songwriting as well. It's the kind of thing that you could produce and put arrangements around, OR just leave it bare, and that's a good thing!
That said, your vocals are lousy. I'm a big fan of David Berman (silver jews) who is by no means a good singer, but he makes it work. The key being confidence. No matter what your singing ability, if you sing it confidently it'll work - and you definitely sound reserved sometimes, or self conscious. Play it up! Really project your vocals, forget everything else exists while you record your vocals, and exaggerate a little. Remember, the listener can only hear your voice. You gotta compensate for that. It may sound ridiculous to you, but to everyone else it'll sound more natural

So I got excited when I saw this because clarinet was my first instrument and still is my main instrument. I like what you're doing and I like your concept of using future funk as a style but not relying on samples. The bad news is that your sampled stuff is probably better. The big things that stick out to me are the 80s keyboard synth sounds, whatever you used. They sound a little stock and lifeless (and not in the good plastic vaporwavey way). Maybe try a faster attack time on the keys to emphasize the rhythms and make for a more driving feel

When it comes to your clarinet solos, you've got a nice tone, but you almost exclusively stick to a single major scale which ends up sounding a little awkward in some cases. Try to use some more colour notes (blues tones) and try to use non pentatonic notes as passing tones rather than landing on them. as well, try to rhythmically mix up your imrpov, it sounds a little white

(cont from this because I hit the character limit)

dude I love this! It perfectly captures the vibe that you're looking for. The recording job on the drums sounds particularly solid. I will say that the song kinda sits on those three chords the whole time which is a pet peeve of mine with indie rock - try adding a little variation with the structure to make it feel like more happens in your song. You're stretching out a two and a half minute song into a four and a half minute song, and toward the end you start to feel it.

violentdreams.bandcamp.com/album/scared-of-the-dark
>Shoegaze
>Dream Pop
>Psychedelic
>Female Vocals

Just released my first EP would to know what you guys think.

Oh man this is just lovely, the textures you create with the guitars are really dreamy.

Thank you! Yours sounds up my street so will give it a spin now

Just use a tripcode, you fuckin dummy.

Oh cool thanks dude I appreciate very much
Ok I understand I will try to do thanks for the feedback
Fl studio

I'm not into shoegaze and all of that but this sounds very alright to me. The mixing is good and I think you will find a lot of people here who will like this.

I think it's cool. Some of it still sounds very FL-ish, though.

here

The vocals are strong, the production is strong - there's a nice airyness to everything - which is good and bad, I think the acoustic guitar and the drums a bit too wet sounding. The songs themselves definitely show potential... though they are all lacking a bit dynamically and in terms of momentum. You sound like a real band though, with some interesting soundscapes going on - just need some refining and some more play structurally. I like Black Light a lot, it sounds like Wild Horses slightly

mcraigculbertson.bandcamp.com/

>plunderphonics
>psychedelic
>loops

I'm thanks, so much for your kind words on the lyrics, as for the voice, it's something I'm working on (though certainly much better than my old soundcloud work). Thanks for all the criticism!

As for your work, I can say it's really good. I don't have a lot of time to listen at the moment, but I can see this becoming a regular listen for me. Great work, especially in a genre not many people are experimenting in right now.

I really like this
This too

I always find these threads when they're dead and no one looks at my shit

tantrumthrowers.bandcamp.com/album/tth
>space rock, psychedelic rock, lo-fi, ambient