Is this, dare I say, godkino?

Is this, dare I say, godkino?

No nigga

are there any good religious films?

Bresson's films

Does seventh seal count

>ray Wise

why nigga. You literally played the devil and a possessed daughter fucker/murder at one point

Yes

Could they have picked a worse fucking picture for Paul Kwo? Jesus Christ he looks autistic.

The 10 Commandments from 1956 is actually pretty cozy if you can get over the age and some of the acting.

gotta pay the rent

Should be
>God's Not 2 Dead

This. And Prince of egypt

>2 God's not 2 dead

no

Calvery is pure elevated kino

It's a cringe fest.

What are these movies even about? And why are there two now

>History teacher Grace Wesley (Melissa Joan Hart), a devout Christian, notices that one of her students, Brooke Thawley (Hayley Orrantia), is withdrawn following the recent death of her brother. Involved in little more than her studies, Brooke notices Grace's hope-filled attitude, and asks where Grace finds her hope. Grace replies "Jesus", and Brooke begins to read the Bible for herself. As Grace lectures on Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr., Brooke asks whether their peaceful teachings relate to the biblical account of the Sermon on the Mount. Grace responds in the affirmative, and quotes scripture. The other students begin texting their parents about the class, and the ensuing backlash draws the ire of Principal Kinney (Robin Givens). She reprimands Grace, saying that the teacher's faith clouded her judgment. Grace is subsequently brought before the School Board, who inform her that legal action will be taken against her as she has violated the separation of church and state. Grace's case draws the attention of Tom Endler (Jesse Metcalfe), a charismatic defense attorney who is willing to aid her despite being an unbeliever himself.

>The School Board brings Grace's case before the Supreme Court, hoping to secure her termination and strip her of her teaching license unless she issues an apology, which Grace refuses to do. To Brooke's horror, confident prosecutor Pete Kane (Ray Wise) declares that the lawsuit will "prove once and for all that God is dead". His opening argument suggests that the society of the United States will crumble should Grace fail to be found guilty. Endler responds by stating that Grace was simply doing her job, and that the law separating church and state was written by Thomas Jefferson in an effort to protect the church, not persecute it. Kane builds a strong case against Brooke by bringing forward witnesses such as Kinney and Brooke's parents, prompting Endler to rethink their defense.

>Meanwhile Brooke, who has developed a new found faith, stands in solidarity with her friends against Kinney. The defense is dealt another blow when their key juror, Pastor David Hill (David A.R. White), becomes ill. Christian apologist J. Warner Wallace is called as an expert witness, arguing that it is illogical to think that the gospel was a conspiracy because despite facing persecution and death, none of the Apostles ever retracted the accounts of seeing the risen Jesus. Kane is floored to learn that Wallace was formerly an atheist who was converted to Christianity.

Brooke voices her support of Grace, and is allowed as a witness. Kane is able to trick her into admitting that it was Grace and not Brooke who initiated their first conversation about Jesus. As Grace becomes more and more discouraged, Brooke and her friends sing her a song in an attempt to build up her spirits. Using a tactic to position Grace as a hostile witness, Endler gets the judge to inform the jury not to let their bias or prejudices interfere with their verdict. The jury ultimately finds in favor of Grace, who rejoices along with Brooke and Endler as Kane stands humiliated.

God is real!

Who the fuck watches this shite?

1- Actual low IQ christians
2- Ironic memephiles like yours truly

Upvote my fellow redditor, I'm glad you and I were able to escape to poison for a mind that is religion and see the world through the lenses of a logical atheist.
*tips*

Trump voters.

Me.

Its like a feature length Chick Tract

something is off

The same people who have an aneurysm when someone says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

Are you fucking serious? Who wrote this shit, a child?

The first film was literally a movie length film version of a copy pasta. Not sure what you were expecting.

>Josh Wheaton, an evangelical college student, enrolls in a philosophy class taught by Professor Jeffrey Radisson, an atheist, who demands his students sign a declaration that "God is dead" to pass. Josh is the only student who refuses to sign. Radisson requires Josh to debate the topic with him but agrees to let the class members decide the winner. Josh's girlfriend Kara demands Josh either sign the statement "God is dead" or drop Radisson's class, because standing up to Radisson will jeopardize their academic future. Kara breaks up with Josh for insisting on confessing his belief in God.

>Radisson gives Josh twenty minutes at the end of the first three lecture sessions to argue that God exists. In the first session, Josh presents his evidence that God created the universe. In the second session, Josh argues that macroevolution is not as solid of a theory as it is usually presented. In the first two sessions, Radisson has counter-arguments for some of Josh's points. Ultimately, it comes down to the third and final debate between Radisson and Josh, who again both make compelling points. Josh then halts his line of debate to pose a question to Radisson: "Why do you hate God?" After Josh repeats the question twice more, Radisson explodes in rage, confirming he hates God for his mother's death that left him alone despite his prayers. Josh then casually asks Radisson how he can hate someone that does not exist. In the end, Martin, a student from China whose father had forbidden him from even talking about God to avoid jeopardizing Martin's brother's chance at overseas study, stands up and says, "God's not dead." Almost the entire class follows Martin's lead, and Radisson leaves the room in defeat.

>Radisson dates Mina, an evangelical whom he belittles in front of his fellow atheist colleagues. Her brother Mark, a successful businessman and atheist, refuses to visit their mother, who suffers from dementia. Mark's girlfriend Amy is a left-wing blogger who writes articles critical of Duck Dynasty. When she is diagnosed with cancer, Mark dumps her. A Muslim student named Ayisha (Hadeel Sittu) secretly converts to Christianity and is disowned by her infuriated father when he finds out.

>After the final debate, Josh invites Martin to attend a concert by Christian pop rock group the Newsboys. Radisson reads a letter from his late mother, and is moved to reconcile with Mina. Amy confronts the Newsboys in their dressing room, only to ask them to help guide her in converting to Christianity. While on his way to find Mina, Radisson is struck by a car and fatally injured. A reverend waiting at the intersection tends to Radisson and helps him become a Christian as he dies. Mark at last visits his mother, only to taunt her; she responds that all of his financial success was given to him by Satan to keep him from turning to God.

>The film's main characters all convene at the Newsboys concert, where they play a video clip of Willie Robertson congratulating Josh. The Newsboys play their song "God's Not Dead", dedicating it to Josh.

It's being a revenge fantasy VS atheists. That's why I watch it.

an atheist raped your mom?

I bet christians pity watch this sheyte LMAO

Noah (2014)

I did. It's ridiculous, but I'm a sucker for hope and optimism. In a life based around science, but brought up as a roman catholic, this is a fun movie to turn off my brain and just enjoy it for what it is.

What? No, an atheist disagreed with me on an imageboard I frequent.

Post MJH's sexy ass or tits faggots.