Can we agree this is the best zombie movie?

Can we agree this is the best zombie movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhyJlMHa8XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6MbZT5e7A64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'm running this monkey farm now Frankenstein and I wanna know... what the fuck you're doing with my time?!!

its the best one of the trilogy yes

This is the best you cunts don't deny it.

Fight me and send more paramedics

What the fuck? You don't even see the CGI

I was a fan of the original for years after seeing this one (even though I still loved it) and eventually I came around to this opinion as well. Something about the snappier plot, running zombies, better production values, and injections of humor (done better) jumped this to the top for me.

i remember seeing this when i was about 13, and the one scene where zombies start eating that asshole colonel guy and literally rip his torso apart, really stayed in my head for years and disturbed me. i think that was the first time id ever seen someone "pulled apart" in a movie before.

No, 28 Days Later is.

THOSE
ARE
NOT
ZOMBIES

i met linnea quiggly at a fangoria horror convention in san jose when i was a teenager. one of the highlights of my life.

Yeah, this one is the best. BRAAAINS

It's certainly the best title card intro of any zombie film for sure. It's a really striking image, and the effect is excellent.

not zombies you dick licker

I'm so jelly right now

BRAINS?

It's good but not the best.

I prefer the classic voodoo zombie movies myself. White Zombie, I walked With A Zombie

Holy shit, my name is Nick!

This. It's the perfect zombie movie
youtube.com/watch?v=rhyJlMHa8XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6MbZT5e7A64

No. The "clearly infected pregnant woman has a zombie baby" nonsense takes it right out of the running for best anything.

Train to Busan is the best modern zombie film in the history of mankind

Uh...ENJOY!

This movie is fucking awesome

Biggest zombie collection guy here to say that Day of the Dead is no the best zombie movie!

1/2

Does Zach Snyder frequent these boards? I'm trying real hard to come up with a plausible answer for why anyone finds his shit good and other than him shitposting I cant think of any. Dawn of 28 days later was good if you le turn your brain off, but it had nothing on the original.

2/2

I bet that smells amazing.

Let's be friends.

Heh, it smells as you probably imagine.

>vhs
damn
i wanna go back

>Goosebumps
Fuck me Freddy, you do have it all!

This isn't even close to all of it. Probably a little over half in this picture of just the zombie vhs I own. I collect every other format too.

the walking dead is better

Leave

Where's my pontypool niggers at?

You know what we should do? Get together, buys some beers and watch like 3 VHS movies at random, then talk about them and rank them from bad to worst.

yeah
nice

>scratch my belly

Dawn > Day > Night > > > > > Land > Diary

I like you. That was one of those films where I had no expectations going in and absolutely loved it.

Why the hate for land? I love it, agree with diary though. Everything after land is garbage.

Dawn of the Dead > Night of the Living Dead > Diary of the Dead > Day of the Dead > Land of the Dead > Any Given Remake of the Above Romero Titles

Same, and I hated it. Holy shit, how shit this was.

epic reaction image reply my friend :-)

Okay, you anywhere near PA?

What is the best zombie movie then? Post proof that it's you when you answer.

Imo, this is.

10/10 movie.

This meant for

Good pick.

Night was better.

where in my post did I say I hated it? it was ok but the original trilogy are leagues ahead of it

>"We are in a fortress where SPRINTING ZOMBIES can't get us. We have everything we need here to survive"
>"Hey, let's leave"
>"okay!"

Movie shits the bed in the last act.
Fucking retarded.

This movie has the most terrifying type of zombie. Where you keep your sanity, but are in decaying agony and the only relief is to eat people's brains. And even then, it's temporary relief. The zombies also can't be destroyed. Saw this movie when I was 12 and it scared the fuck outta me.

No, it isn't. The original Dawn of the Dead is the best zombie movie. Those who disagree are wrong.

I only watched the OP's pic related once, years ago. I remembered disliking the over-wrought acting and tension, fuck this fuck that fuck everything fuck fuck fuck aaaaargh. I mean, I get the situation they're in but Jesus, Mary and Joseph. It advances to the point of being humorless.

Still, I hadn't seen it in a long time so I watched a lossy yt upload recently. The gore is nice, yes, and that /is/ a fantastic title screen, which I'd forgotten about. But in spite of having some more complimentary things to say about it this time around, I was simply confirmed that my old opinion had been, and remains, right all along: the drama is just too fucking tense to the point of being a drag. Yes, even for a zombie apocalypse movie where the group is in the process of snapping.

One other thing I appreciated on a re-watch is how the experimental zombie is yoked to a piece of set decoration which looks like Christian crosses.

I was unclear as to exactly which zombies were the departed soldiers of the group. The context is clear enough that the doc was getting his test subjects from their own dead, but I wasn't perfectly clear as to who-was-who. Was that "main" zombie any guy in particular?

"The original Dawn of the Dead was meant to be an alegory to every day humans making their way to the mall, slaves to capitalism and material goods. This one is just a zombie movie at the mall setting"

Does Snyder always miss the point?

They're zombies.

Get over yourselves, autists. Why don't you stop RAGEing? :^)))))

Me too.

You probably think Twilight is a movie about vampires too, huh?

3 romero movies are boredom shitfest filled wth lef-wing propaganda.

All trash and as trash they should remain.

Two of my more recent additions. One fitting for this thread.

>he's either attempting a subtle reverse-troll or else he really believes that the Twilight media property does not entail vampirism as a central plot element

>That is a perfectly legitimate interpretation, and in no way substantively misses the point(s) of the movie

Also this is a pretty cool wide shot - its corresponding high-def version, that is. Would make a nice wallpaper. Overall movie is still too overwrought and a chore to watch despite some cool shots.

>Does Snyder always miss the point?
Always.

>tickle tickle tickle

It still scares the fuck out of me.
Electricity works alright, tho.

Still have a bloodlust subspecies iii poster somewhere

>that feel whenever power goes out and you remember ROTLD for a second

I like Night of the Living Dead '90 the best

QUICK I can feel my daily crippling nighttime depression creeping up on me and I need a good zombie movie to divert my attention!
I've seen pretty much all of the classics, so mainly on the lookout for new stuff.

Help a dude out, Sup Forums

any new good zombie flicks?
2010-2016

No.

Return of the Living Dead is the best zombie movie ever.

It's not the best but Zombi 2 has prime zombie action.

>The original Dawn of the Dead is the best zombie movie.
Day is better.
>Those who disagree are wrong.
Your write up on Day of the Dead is idiotic, regardless of wrong or right.

Korea likes to steal art for their releases, what you think is Subspieces III, is actually Burial Ground.

TBQH this was my first zombie movie so it holds a special place in my heart. It was after watching this movie on Monstervision around age 12 or so that I started to think in detail about how to zombie-proof a house, what weapons to use, etc. Also even though her "butch" act gets a bit silly, the lead is vastly preferable to the totally useless blonde bimbo Barbara of the original, who barely even does anything.

Nope it isn't, and nope it isn't. Feel free to keep beating your head against the wall though. :^)

I'd say Day of the Dead 1985 any day of the week. NOTLD 90 is also very nice.

Some more recent additions.

Tom savini don't need no CGI

personal top 5:
>1. day of the dead (1985)
>2. return of the living dead
>3. dawn of the dead (1978)
>4. return of the living dead 3
>5. night of the living dead (1968)

zombies are gay and this thread is gay but i respect your gay discussion so carry on

It was also my first zombie movie so that's probably why it's my favorite. Somewhat similar to you after seeing it I was really into trying to make my own zombie movie even though I had no idea what the fuck because I was 10.

This I like the whole punk vibe also was the first zombie movie I'd ever seen and these zombies are harder to kill

PATRICIAN TASTE

You're the one who wrote a long winded imdbcore post on Sup Forums demonstrating your lack of anything interesting to say.

why was mr.bean in dotd?

If the horrible-looking zombies could be replaced or improved with CG this movie would look a lot better. Let's face it, the makeup was, due to budget limitations, complete shit. CG could actually improve something here. That New Age zombie afraid of fire should also be fixed; it always bothered me and frankly it still does.

shut up george and clean your porch on skywalker ranch

>This will trigger Sup Forums

Is there a directors cut with Barbara getting ragged senseless by the black guy upstairs while everyone is busy boarding up the windows?

its hardly missing the point when the originals satire was fresh at that point in time, rehashing it owuld be seen as lazy these days

Holy shit, this looks great. only copies I saw you can barely make out this fucking awesome zombie.

>over-wrought acting and tension,
That's the whole point. Its cheesy B movie goodness. Captain Rhodes is fucking hilarious. The gore, make-up, and practical effects is some of the best I've seen in any horror movie. It doesn't take itself too seriously. Just a fun romp. And it does have legitimately scary moments.

No but it's still great. Young me watched right after seeing the original Dawn and I found it dissapointing and boring. Rewatched it recently and I'd say it's almost just as great. It was a perect trilogy until Land came along.

>It was a perect trilogy until Land came along.

Except Land is good

Nice list and I agree.

Nobody said you should stop watching your Chuck Norris movies

I posted this and while looking for my RotlD 3 DVD I stumbled upon my Reanimator DVDs.
Are those considered Zombie movies? Because if I might have to revaluate.