A potentially dangerous place

>a potentially dangerous place
>out of the crew of 1000 send 4 or 5 the very least disposable ones (bar captain at least) with phasers not even in had
it kinda bothers me all the time t.b.h.

That just means you're autistic, a pussy and don't understand the concept of fiction

they have plot armor

What if they made a Star Trek series that wasn't about the highest ranking officers on the ship and instead focused on the dedicated Away Team consisting of lower ranking science and security personnel. You know, the people they would actually send down to a potentially hostile planet and not everyone that's on the bridge.

Lower Decks: The Series would be cool actually, make the senior staff recurring characters, and never show the captain you only ever hear his/her voice

would watch

>ST: Redshits
>GoT level cast rotation and deathcount

You should remember Star Trek is based not around modern naval operations (where you'd have a dedicated team for shit like that) but the age of sail, where you would have a captain go out and meet the natives (and potentially get himself killed, like Captain Cook did).

A series about a Starfleet spec ops team would be cool too. The worst part of the otherwise great Jellico Cardassian invasion two parter was suspending disbelief that senior ship's crew are sent in personally to enemy territory.

Dedicated Red Shirt that dies every episode, but is played by the same few actors that they just rotate through.

That's essentially what they're doing for the new show. The main character is only gonna be a Lt. Cmdr.

as long as it wasn't full of dude le redshirts get kill XD jokes it would be pretty great

some faggot won a hugo writing a book like that and i was fucking relieved once the planned movie or show based on it never came through

ST:Admin

The ongoing shenanigans in the personnel office of the USS Enterprise.

Star Trek: Earth Dock

The show never once leaves the station just to piss off people that complain that DS9 didn't have enough adventuring.

Data is an android stronger than any human and Warf is chief of security so they make some sort of sense, why the rest of the team isn't security and medical staff is stupid though

ST: ADP

A show about the enlisted Federation IT personnel fixing computers and having hilarious banter

A-a-anchors a-a-aweigh

>Ensign, you're on Holodeck maintenance this week. Heads up, Commander Riker has some downtime this week so get ready to clean up a lot of cum.

no it doesn't it's just sad they got stuck because of TOS style. I'd love to see a sci-fi series as good as Star Trek with a higher level of realism.

crusher and troi must have medical appointments all day with the crew and they still go on away missions

So, you sayin

we some kinda..

Wouldn't that be kind of like Stargate then?

I know Jack O'Neill had a fairly high rank, but he was always the subordinate to a commanding officer, Hammond of Texas.

well Riker is second in command too, but my point is that Data and LaForge are literally irreplaceable, there's just one telepath on board (from what we know) too, and both Head Security Officer and Head of Medical Staff are also rather important.
A few security teams first to secure the perimeter, then officers enter, that's how it should be done.

At the time budget wouldn't allow for anything else, you have to use the main cast for everything.

Worf, data and riker aren't important characters?

Discovery will not focus on a captain, and will explore individuals throughout lower rungs

John Scalzi did, it was pretty bad.

No, OP is saying they are important characters by calling them
>the very least disposable ones
So all doubt that they will be in real danger on a mission is lost because they ARE important.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.