So I finally saw this and I need a thread on it

So I finally saw this and I need a thread on it.

What exactly happened? And who was witch?

>inb4 the set the woods on fire meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cmYsRcLMvO8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Supposedly the witch is the witch. The legend of Castle Rock and Rustin Parr etc happened, he kidnapped the kids and killed them.

The only thing I could never figure out was if Josh was possessed or like "frozen" at the end or if the witch made him stand in the corner just to lure her in. Creepiest shot of the movie.

Blair Witch 2 was so shitty, but I enjoyed it.

>And who was witch?

basically a god

can control time and space

is able to control minds

so instead of becoming god emperor of earth with these insane powers she spooks some kids in the woods

Wasn't he hanging at the end? I don't think his feet were touching the ground

That's what I got from it as well

Top tier comfy movie.

No he was standing in the corner facing the wall, like in the story one of the townsfolk describe in the beginning

>What exactly happened? And who was witch?
This is what happens when millennials watch old movies.

>old movies
>1999

You played yourself

>What exactly happened?
they got rekt
>And who was witch?
it was that old woman you saw in the background about 20 minutes in

>17 years ago
>not old

U wot?

I didn't think about this, now it all makes sense

This. Yes he was standing.
youtube.com/watch?v=cmYsRcLMvO8

Really? Gonna need to watch this movie again to see this.

Forever reposting

1/2

[The Blair Witch Project] explores the utterly inhuman, that which is completely removed from our possibility of knowing through its not-residing in our world - and it manages to capture it on film!

To be clearer: the Witch is something horrifying because it exists on its own terms, removed from humanity and its categories (which is, at least for me, the true source of horror - and philosophy, as every critical thought begins with amazement/wonder [thaumazein]. you could say that the history of philosophy is the history of humanity's horror); we understand it insofar as it, as entity (and even this is debatable), makes things happen that we can understand, but we merely get to see and interpret these outward, inconsequential signs instead of the Thing-In-Itself. Example: the stick figures. In the movie the protagonists think they represent some kind of boundary, a way to manifest the Witcch's presence on the territory, and in doing so they unconsciously superimpose their own wills and ideas on the things - the reason why THEY'd put them up would be to make their presence felt, but the only thing we "know" for certain is that these stick figures exist. They may be something that merely happens due to the Witch's presence, like we unknowignly have an effect on the air composition of a room we are into.

Don't know if I made myself clear, but the whole movie is about this issue - it's a First Contact movie more than it is a conventional horror, it's the process of encountering the Unknown (and unknowable) and reacting to it. It's a study on the limits of humanity and the vastness of Being. This alone makes it one of the best movies ever made this century.

Dude that shit was so fake and staged.

So what's a movie from 1920?
Cinema has been around for over 110 years, 17 years is nothing

2/2

All of the above would make it a great story, the reason why it's a great film is that the concept of the unknown is captured by the "ontological conditions" of the medium itself: movies are, in their essence, the portrayal of the image, of "what is there to see" (an extremist like Vertov or Benning could say, maybe: of pure movement); there is nothing outside of what is recorded, and what is recorded is the truth of the film. Mimesis, realism, attinence to a story - all of these are afterthoughts, accretions of meaning one could attach, tumorally, to the essence of the film. The Blair Witch Projects captures the image and plays it back, no more, no less. We don't see the Witch, because the Witch isn't there to see - or isn't there to see for humanity and its tools. We see everything else, and by finding the glaring obviousness of what is lacking from the apparent completeness of Being we are presented as reality, we cannot but feel terrified and inconsequential.

if 17 years is old for you, what do you call someone who is like 70?

Fucking kids can't even basic maths

>Blair Witch 2 was so shitty, but I enjoyed it.

Even as a kid I knew it was garbage and hated it, come on man

>there are people on Sup Forums who weren't born when this movie came out

Screenshot?

>Cinema has been around for over 110 years, 17 years is nothing

uhh 17 years like nearly 20% of the time cinema has existed, that isn't nothing dude

Ok, so when will 1999 become old then?

>What exactly happened? And who was witch?

>i wnat everything explained to me
>i want the witch to reveal herself and show us her face
>i want the witch to have a 14 minute monologue explaining her motives and backstory
>i want everything in the end to wrap up nicely so i feel good about the movie

Seriously fuck off OP. This is what hollywood has done to a new generation of moviegoers. just a bunch of whining fucking maggots

I also saw this in theaters back when I was in high school. Some things basically flew over our heads like what was in the stick bundle outside the tent. The shaky cam made it hard to tell but I believe it was teeth, blood and hair. I thought it was either an eye or his tongue which is why we couldn't hear him speak the rest of the movie after he's taken.

And from commentary: "The teeth inside the bundle are from Eduardo Sanchez’s dentist and from casting’s Lisa Dane. The hair is really Josh Leonard’s hair."

>So what's a movie from 1920?
OldER

This isn't rocket science.

The hot tennis instructor from Sopranos was naked in it. That's all I needed as a teen.

>2030

this movie is objectively garbage
cheap viral trash, even in the shittiest of genres it's a remarkable turd

I just wanted to see different peoples opinions and theories, that's the point of ambiguity in artforms. To have the viewer develop his own concepts about what he saw.

I hate modern hollywood and didn't ask for explanation, I just wanted to talk about what I saw

i thought you never see the witch in any form whatsoever, which is what makes it scary

>Implying there was ever a witch
What started as a practical joke evolved into something greater.

>*record scratch*
>*freeze frame*
>Yea thats me alright. You are probably wondering how I got into this situation... Well.. Im gonna show ya
>*visible rewinding effect throughout the film*
>*VCR rewinding sfx*
>*Panoramic view of a forest in the distance*
>*'Here comes the sun' starts playing*

..AND NOW, A KILLER IS LOOSE IN THE STREETS, AND ONLY THEY KNOW HOW TO STOP IT

you dont hes trolling u

It was a serial killer who lived in the woods

Why didn't they just follow the river?

It would take them to the same place eventually

Hi there Triggered McTriggered Triggerton. Hey Trigger, have you been TRIGGERED RECENTLY??? I WAS JUST ASKING IF YOU WERE TRIGGERED BECAUSE I KNOW YOU GET TRRRIIGIGGGGERRREEEDDD OFTEN

these still make me laugh for some reason

does Sup Forums have any REAL examples of this shit in an actual movie where it's really out of place?

Fight club