Who is the actual best female artist ever and why?

Who is the actual best female artist ever and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2017/07/24/538601651/a-new-canon-in-pop-music-women-belong-at-the-center-of-the-story
youtube.com/watch?v=JxTjko70fBg
youtu.be/3EeM94WkABk
playgroundmag.net/articulos/entrevistas/Im-to-Kate-Bush-Ive_5_828567136.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grimes = gross smelly putrid cunt sniffing pussy well of gayness xD

That's you, retard

how do you think she smells

i bet she smells good

She's had a long eclectic career with a solid discography and a fantastic voice.

Probably like any other girls plus a faint scent of cream cheese Doritos. I say this in a good way, I love Doritos.

et phone home

BIG

None of Grimeth's albums are here
>

None.

How come?

Probably Laurie Anderson or Joan Baez or Björk or Kate Bush or Alice Coltrane or Gal Costa or Aretha Franklin or Diamanda Galás or Emmylou Harris or PJ Harvey or Lauryn Hill or Jarboe or Joni Mitchell Meredith Monk or Joanna Newsom or Nico or Nina Simone or Patti Smith

w r o n g

She's too patrician for NATIONAL Public Radio.

park choa, she's the cutest and plays the guitar

Björk all the way. But I like Kate Bush a little more. Both are great anyways.

Hey her music is pretty good desu, realistic depiction of the brain of a vapid whore, that new track with asap rocky and carti is good as fuck

Why do we keep having this thread? Why do you separate female artists from the rest of music like it should be separate?
>inb4 Sup Forums-tier bitching about being a cultural Marxist or whatever
I'm not saying gender isn't fluid or some other bullshit. This just isn't bathrooms or healthcare where the difference between the genders matters. You don't need to separate males and females in music.

how can anyone like this wasp-y bitch
she literally paid her way to stardom.
faux-talent

It's just a shit excuse for waifu threads, any threads about female artists are stupid because it's a stupid division to make to music.

>excuse for waifu threads
Shhhhhhhhhhh. :^)

Largely ignored by Sup Forums, but it's true.

Fucking idiot. Literally the only true pop artist thats been around for decades. KYS irl faggot.

Not even grimesfag but nice middle school tier diss faggot

bump

Shes the best for me.

>I'm not even a grimesfag, I swear bro!!

Alice Coltrane
Nico
Grouper

Fuck waifu threads

Joni and Kate are pretty much the only two acceptable answers

Patti Smith

her new stuff is fantastic

not a fan of the asap rocky songs.

but everything else is amazing

>Fuck waifu threads
Then why did you post a picture with your waifu?

In rock music? Chrissie Hynde, definetly

npr.org/2017/07/24/538601651/a-new-canon-in-pop-music-women-belong-at-the-center-of-the-story
>Nearly 50 women who play a role in NPR compiled and voted on this list. It features albums by artists who identify as female — including some by mixed-gender bands, like Fleetwood Mac and X, that, in our view, relied on women's creativity for their spark.
Grimes is an outspokenly POST-feminist artist. She makes music that is purposefully designed to appeal to people regardless of what anyone's gender (including HER OWN) happens to be. She doesn't fit into these people's gender stereotypes.

Unironically speaking, she's too progressive* for them.

* Normally not a fan of this term. But here it applies.

Lana's album was the terrible, like all her others. Bjork would eat her alive you pleb faux-edgelord

>Sup Forums tries to discuss "best" artists instead of their favorite artists
oh look it's this thread again

Just grimesfags who want an excuse to aimlessly argue their entirely subjective and rediculous opinions.

God. Can you imagine being this fucking hung up on a second rate synth pop artist. You need to seek professional help or I hope you're on her payroll.

Jesus fuck! You poor cunt.

Not that user. Stop being so autistic. It's that dude's right to express his opinion. Also your disdain for synthpop, a genre responsable for so many great artists from Kraftwerk to Depeche Mode, is ridiculous and worthy of insults. And finally: stop hating her, turbopleb dip.

grateful

>It's that dude's right to express his opinion.
>Stop hating her

Hildegard von Bingen

yeah, fuck that guy trying to discuss music on a fucking board dedicated to discussing music.

You're basically admitting to being too dumb to form your own opinion and people that actually care about art makes you feel inferior. So you lash out at them.

Chip-Chan

The greatest performance art ever.

>She's the cutest and PLAYS THE GUITAR.
Keked.

and don't forget she's the cutest in the world so her guitar playing skills don't really matter that much

lorde is better than grimes

rotten farts

bjork

a lot of people here would argue its kate bush but she was not as influential as bjork is plus bjork was actually truly experimental with her music
grimes wouldnt exist without bjork coming first

Love Julien Baker's music so much. Got to meet her once after she opened for The Decemberists and she was really chill and down to earth. But goddman does her music hurt the soul, man
youtube.com/watch?v=JxTjko70fBg

Nah

this

this desu

Karin > all

No, Kate is the only acceptable answer

Yoko Ono. Everyone who disagrees doesn't understand music as an art form.

And she has nice tits.

appreciate her talent, not her womanly parts

Too bad Swift pretty much took over

I wish I was alive during the 70s and 80s for her prime

i have masturbated for her many times

this board is for music discussion you freak and you should be locked away for doing that

You btfo that idiot

No. Even Lorde admitted she was influenced by the master.

Why too bad? Taylor is more talented than Avril.

>grimes wouldnt exist without bjork coming first
Don't be so sure. Grimes was influenced by Mariah Carey, Aphex Twin, Cocteau Twins, Enya, Depeche Mode, Claire Hamill, Tool, Panda Bear, not Bjork.

And yet her music is 6/10 fluff at best even citing all this influence. Really makes you think.

Fluff? Are you sure that you listened to Claire Boucher's music? Her music is really deep and emotional. Pick Oblivion for instance.
>In your videos this year, you played with these clichés of powerful and powerless female archetypes. What was that about?
>I was interested in the Japanese archetype of a female protagonist who is very small and very cute and very physically powerful. You don’t see that archetype in America. But in Japanese culture, there are female characters who can embody this girl uniform and still cut someone’s head off with a sword. “Oblivion” embodies that kind of archetype, going into this masculine world that is associated with sexual assault, but presented as something really welcoming and nice. The song’s sort of about being — I was assaulted and I had a really hard time engaging in any types of relationship with men, because I was just so terrified of men for a while.
>Is it important for you to discuss what “Oblivion” is about?
>It would be intense if it were an overwhelming part of my image. I can’t censor myself; it’s really important for me to say how I feel. I needed to put out this song. I needed to make this song. I took one of the most shattering experiences of my life and turned it into something I can build a career on and that allows me to travel the world. I play it live every night. The whole process has been positive — engaging with that subject matter and making it into something good.
Unlike Bjork's arty iciness, her music is far more personal. She poured her soul into her music; don't dismiss it at fluff.

underrated desu

This.

All of Bjork's albums are personal though, Vespertine and Vulnicura especially.

>All of Bjork's albums are personal though, Vespertine and Vulnicura especially.
Most of her music is too distant to me. Unlike Grimes, her music is more to be admired than loved.

Name a better female producer than Grimes.

I can't.

but isn't most of KPop general about that

Her music is terrible.

youtu.be/3EeM94WkABk Beyonce over Madonna

Aretha Franklin, the greatest female rock, pop, and soul singer ever.

this, there isn't a single female artist that can even compete

Oh look, another Bjork, Grimes or Kate Bush? thread. How about we talk about some different female artists for once? I notice that Nico, Grace Slick, Diamanda Galas, Patti Smith, Joni Mitchell etc. are literally never mentioned because you guys are too busy trying to decide if you want to masturbate to Bjork or Grimes today

looks like you haven't been to the kpop general at all

What about Claire Boucher?

>implying some people don't love grimes & bjork's music

Avrils songs are much better imo.

Just because some people enjoy it doesn't mean that every single thread about female musicians should be shitposted to death by grimesfags and people trying to convince said grimesfags that muh Kate Bush is clearly superior

stop feeding the troll

It's their right to have their opinion. Who are you to question their right?

For rock? Yes.
But overall the best has gotta be Aretha Franklin

Nancy Wilson because she was an actual musician, not a singer.

singing still makes you a musician

No love for Yukimi Nagano?

incorrect

I have a massive crush on Grimes but she just hasn't been around long enough to be in the running for "Best Female Artist." She's just too young. She keeps it up though and she's well on her way.

have to agree with this man

Shut up

>grimes wouldnt exist without bjork coming first

>Let's start off with a boring but important question: what musicians inspired you to first start making music?
>G:First? I guess, maybe, Panda Bear and Animal Collective, stuff like that. Pretty different music from what I listen to now. At the time I was like, ‘Oh, OK, I see how Animal Collective does this, I'm going to try and do the same thing’. It's not necessarily a type of music, more the way which it's made, which made everything seem kind of possible. Or something. If that makes any sense.
>Is there anyone who influences or inspires you at the moment?
>G: I'm really getting into Nine Inch Nails right now. Again [laughs].
>Are there any artists that you get sick of being compared to?
>G: Definitely Kate Bush. I never listened to Kate Bush and I don't really like it. I just think it's laziness on the journalist's part, just like ‘Oh, they're both girls and they both sort of make pop music so we're gonna compare them’. Or Björk. I don't think I sound in any way like Björk. I also never really listened to her that much.
playgroundmag.net/articulos/entrevistas/Im-to-Kate-Bush-Ive_5_828567136.html

This interview is from early 2012, meaning that Grimes had yet to listen to ANY of Kate Bush's music or more than a small sampling of Bjork's (which she apparently disliked) up until well AFTER she had already written/released all but her most recent album Art Angels. If Bjork and/or Kate Bush hadn't existed, Grimes would still exist in pretty much the same way she does today because they weren't a part of her original inspiration.

Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, and Janis Joplin