Good thread

I can't believe we got fooled into thinking Matt Ryan isn't a playoff choker

He wasn't on the field long enough to choke

the falcons fan is missing their diaper

*dabs*

>at Providence Owl Rally today
>kept playing the clip of Ryan getting sacked

Yet when he WAS in the field he choke see that late 3 and the 4th quarter

He played really well. That's what's hilarious. The playcalling was where the choking occurred.

>Offence put up 21 points
>People will still claim it was the defense's fault they lost

>we're still ahead
>let's pass

The Failcons' coaches pissed down their legs in awe of the Rings.

He had one mistake but it's his defense that gave the game away and coordinators and coaches who seemed to be incapable of managing the clock. Not saying Ryan didn't play a part but it's small in regards to the fuck up of the defense and coaches

>Using Thanos and not the Mandarin who uses actual rings

>mad at manlets

Trevor?

I didn't. I knew he was gunna eventually choke and he did at the perfect time

>zero (0) points scored in the second half
>can't sustain a drive

Why are Matty ice apologists so delusional?

Tom Brady is 6' 4" not 6-2

in order of share of blame:

>whose fault is it that the falcons completely shit themselves in SB LI?
Kyle Shanahan
the defense
Matt Ryan
Dan Quinn
[power gap]
the rest of the offense

lel

welp, meant to reply to

Stop being mean to nice mr. ryan

APOLOGISE

Nah mate. Defense played well enough to begin with, hard to continue when your offense can't stay on the field

OFFICIAL BLAME POWER RANKINGS
1. SHANNY
2. MATT
3. THE DEFENSE
4. DANN QUINN
POWER GAP
5. REST OF OFFENSE

I usually like to shit on other people's rankings but this is correct

[blocks your path]

Tortoise and the Hare: Superbowl Edition

>more rings than the Falcons

Matt Ryan gave up the game losing fumble

Matt Ryan literally set a record for the highest QBR in a super bowl. Atlanta as a whole choked, pinning it on him is insane.

>qbr

Truly no bigger meme in professional sports

>meme qb with best meme stat
>chokes because he, the nfl mvp, csnt score a point in the second half
>dont pin it on him

At least we can say Atlanta was the only team capable of facing the Patriots. Pittsburgh and Houston couldn't do anything.
their run wasn't an accident or conditioned by the NFC, it was truly the clash of the two best teams.

Why do they call him Matty Ice?

people think it's because he's clutch, cold as ice in the fourth quarter
really its because he partied a lot in college and drank tons of natty ice

You literally cannot put blame on the QB in an offense that doesn't call audibles above the head coach. Ryans play was acceptable, the playcalls were what ruined them

White people win again

Wjsyducguys

*calls another pass*

>MFW Steve Sarkisian makes Matty Ice a low tier QB next season

He freezes up when under pressure.

NE voted for Hillary.

>Matt Ryan 2016 playoff stats

>Passing Attemps - 98
>Completed Passes - 70
>Completion Percentage - 71.4%
>Yards - 1014
>Average Yards per Pass - 10.4
>Touchdowns - 9
>Interceptions - 0
>QBR - 135.3
>choking

How retarded can memers get?

And zero rings my black "friend" NEXT

>when you get beat by the final boss and you last save point was 12 months ago

>Against the worst secondary in the league, a completely dead Seattle, and both at home

Lmao

>Matt Ryan choked LOOOOL KEK
>post stats
>Oh...uh....well he played trash teams LOOOL

Pick an argument.
If you're gonna troll at least be intelligent.

He blew out two shitty teams that were impossible to lose to and scored zero points when the game came down to the line, that's literally Peyton Manning-esque choking

He isn't even a top 100 qb all time. Go to bed you fucking sperg.

Now, now, to be fair at least he didn't throw a pick.

>2 shitty teams impossible to lose to
>in the playoffs

Interesting.

>He isn't even a top 100 QB all time

To be honest he probably actually is
100 QBs is a lot

it wasnt matt ryans fault, at least not entirely

he threw less completions after the 3rd quarter, but he did get that huge pass downfield to julio to put them in FG range

it was the Def completely shitting the bed that doomed them

>throws a 25 point lead
Interesting. Now tell me with a straight face that matty cold as ice could have made the same comeback. PLEASE say something along those lines so I can laugh at you every day for the rest of your life.

Okay he might be top 50 and that's being generous.

The Packers had sustained 5 injuries to their secondary alone and Seattle got to play fucking Detroit, Atlanta was a 6 point favorite against GB

>mfw people say matty iced was elite near me

We sure did.

>average 33ppg
>only manage 21 in the biggest game of the season

>it was the Def completely shitting the bed that doomed them
Any defense is going to start shitting the bed when they're on the field for almost a 100 plays.

Offense being unable to sustain drives was one of the main reason for the defense running out of gas. They're longest drive were 8, 6 and 5 plays

i was calling it the whole time, guy will throw 15 ints next year cap this

>play great
>don't deliver
That's the definition of choking.

That sack he took was critical. As the league MVP, he has to see the field better and know the situation.

>you should be able to see a blown block and blindside blitz

by that logic everyone who gets sucker punched should have seen it coming too

Other QBs throw the ball away as soon as they sense pressure under same scenarios. Matty held the ball for too long.

I presume you're actually talking about passer rating and not QBR.
I feel Matt played pretty well but if the fact that Tony Romo is the 4th best QB of all time according to passer rating doesn't convince people that this meme stat is bullshit, nothing will.

It's all Rogers fags have.

I think it's important to note that the Patriots were the best defense in the NFL this season. People kept trying to make excuses, saying "w...w...Well they didn't play any Hall of Fame QBs" but the truth was that defense would have devoured any QB put in front of them.

Don't believe shit talking from salty Pats haters EVER. The defense was elite, this may be the most complete Patriots team ever.

He held the ball for like 4 seconds on a 7 step drop. That's shit they teach freshmen in college.

youtube.com/watch?v=hqKWDpiQuOw

falcons fan should also be a nigger, because, well, atlanta.

>Comes apart in January
>Choked during the 4th quarter in February

wut

i thought they got a touchdown in the second half?

Couldn't stop Russell Wilson.

>up 28-20
>make incredible JULIOOOOOOOO pass down to patriots 20
>somehow end up out of FG range and have to punt it
Fellows, how the fuck could this even be possible?

Just over half of it did.

And those people disowned Tom because they're babbys.

>chokes because he, the nfl mvp, csnt score a point in the second half
except he did you turbo nigger

>the 'playing good' stat is a meme
lord

It was much more of a team collapse than it was just Matt choking. Of course that's not to exonerate him of all blame, he did take sacks at critical moments and lost a fumble that let NE back into the game. But the ATL defense completely burned out, the coaches made retarded play calls, and seemingly everyone on the team didn't know how to close out the game.

It really wasn't his fault though

Yeah, this. Ryan had unironically the best first half in Super Bowl history. The Pats defense just found its rhythm in the 2nd half and shut him down.

Matt Ryan is like John Stockton, in the NBA. An excellent player, but you just can't stop the GOAT.

>he did take sacks at critical moments

I don't think this is fair to him at all, though. His O-line let him down, "taking sacks" is just another way of saying "the fat fucks didn't do their jobs". Or maybe I'm just biased because I'm a Bears fan, and I've seen >our QB literally set the team record for most times sacked ever, and people have the balls to blame it on him.

Too bad russlel wilcuck choked like a bitch in the playoffs

Delete this!

the game was rigged

That game still came down to the last play, the Pats were in it right to the end.

And yes, you got me, in 19 games played this season one team put up 30 points and won. Yet the defense was so good their average for points allowed per game INCLUDING the playoffs and Superbowl was 16.4.

They held more opponents under 20 points than got to 20 over 19 games. That's insane. One loss in the only game where they allowed over 28 points does nothing to diminish that.

obviously qbr or passer rating have their flaws, but this. Ryan played fine. made some minor mistakes, but the coaching/playcalling was abysmal and that's what went wrong for the most part. Ryan led them down into field goal range on what should have won the game. Brady threw two passes into defender's hands that would have been game-ending interceptions, but he got lucky

>Ryan led them down the field

You mean when he dumped off to a wide open Devonta Freeman who racked up 40 yards?

Or the shit pass he threw into the sideline that was only caught because he has the best receiver in football?

yes precisely those plays. I recognize that one play didn't take too much skill and the other required a lot of luck, but that's still the opposite of choking. And Brady threw way more shitty balls that he's lucky weren't intercepted and has still been deified. Can't have it both ways.

>ywn go golfing with the GOAT and best president

Jdimsa

t. guy who has never played 1 snap of football in his entire life.