Is Japan the only country where non indie artists constantly take risks and try something new

Is Japan the only country where non indie artists constantly take risks and try something new

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMR2CYhtA7s
youtube.com/watch?v=QRQ3IvaPoMk
youtube.com/watch?v=KEwRYtiSc0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=O7RgCD-puAg
youtube.com/watch?v=JM5gRMCgPhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KdNb3XtXWno
youtube.com/watch?v=daTMYyjI-I4
youtube.com/watch?v=8xWM96H2rn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Put a bunch of cute asian girls in your group and you can probably churn out whatever bullshit music you want and still do alright.

>idol groups

Here's a pretty interesting video on the topic, covers the whole ordeal pretty well.
youtube.com/watch?v=pMR2CYhtA7s

closed after 3 seconds, I hope you guys don't look like that faggot

If you're the actual guy in that video I will say I like your stuff a lot

He looks like a faggot, but it gives a pretty good overview on what this stuff actually is.

mainly applies to idol groups, but it does happen with everyone else more so than other industries at least. for example
youtube.com/watch?v=QRQ3IvaPoMk
after the 70s theres very few places where a symphonic rock song would hit #1, let alone a pop star even doing a symphonic rock song in the first place and choosing it as a single.

Japan doesn't make one lick of sense to me, but honestly its content is quite good.

>Japan doesn't make one lick of sense to me
Same here. It's like they're speaking a whole different language over there or something.

>adding top 40 pop influences to extreme music = taking risks and trying something new
ah yes, you must be a redditor

I meant culturally, jackass. It's really freaking different from Western values, so we end up with stuff like idol groups which I still can't fully wrap my mind around.

>cute manufactured pop stars doing weird 'uncommercial' music
Why america didn't think of this?

Perry should have never left the harbor

'90s Jpop was great
youtube.com/watch?v=KEwRYtiSc0Q

The only western pop album to come close to this style is Bright Lights era Ellie Goulding.

>this gimmicky novelty shite
>something new
>risky

That's pretty much what The Beatles did, user, and it's quite difficult to do properly.

America doesn't have idol group culture (the West as a whole doesn't), where it's possible to pull that off. Closest thing that's ever been had in that sense being the Spice Girls.

's second part was meant for , damnit.

plz share with me other bands that made their major debut with a 70 minute song using a genre that's completely irrelevant

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't idol culture just about sexualizing young girls for money?

it's complicated. the most popular female idol in japan right now is a 24 year old woman with multiple dating scandals

The west invented idol group culture, just with boys. New Kids on the Block were formed in the '80s.

There's that side but it's a lot deeper and complex. From the view that the artists must be pure (from "no smoking" to "no dating") to the idea of each girl being different enough with their manufactured personalities so that you can please everyone... It's pretty much something without parallels in western culture.

>you've- spent enough- TIME on the internet- to see one or-- TWO- baby metal--
i can't watch this

Yeah, that's a close parallel, now that I think of it. Still, you won't see a group assembled out of the fucking X-Factor playing something that resembles a poppy version of, I dunno, Don Caballero.

okay but by a quick Google search it says she started in 2005. jesus fucking christ, Japan.

that's the impression I got and it just seemed crazy to me that people actually buy it.

Do you really think that this novelty act is risky or new? Shoegaze isn't a new genre, nor making a hour long songs is something new. People only give a shit because it's a Japanese idol group with a retarded name.

this. after all, it's the only reason this thread has 25 posts.

live video of them

youtube.com/watch?v=O7RgCD-puAg

this is actually shit

at points it sounds like a shitty mbv ripoff with bad vocals
>none of the girls even play instruments
epic

absolutely intolerable. had to turn it off.

>idol group

What the fuck were you expecting?

>no compression, reverb or anything else on the vocals
>terrible guitar tone
Damn.

if they learned to sing this would be alright

wew

Part of the whole appeal of anti idol groups is that they can't sing, or only one or two members can.

>appeal is that they can't sing

I was expecting "something risky and new" like our dear friend OP said.

>It's supposed to be shit
damn...

>appeal is that they can't sing

jpop groups need to get state funding like kpop groups get

I know it's stupid, but it's true. One of my favourite groups is You'll Melt More and most of them can't sing but the music itself is great, they do pop, shoegaze, noise, prog and more.

youtube.com/watch?v=JM5gRMCgPhQ

You guys are REALLY that retarded?

Kpop is shit.

and well produced and funded

That's Alice Glass' appeal as well.

and great

at being shit

The sad thing is that venezuelans probably have better life quality and than those girls.

i'm not talking about jpop

neither am I

most of the people regularly posted here can't even hit the "notes" whitney did while she was high on crack, let alone peak condition.

since when is singing ability such a major factor???

I like that guys channel.
He looks like a total beta cuck numale or whatever but he's pretty interesting and funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=KdNb3XtXWno
youtube.com/watch?v=daTMYyjI-I4
youtube.com/watch?v=8xWM96H2rn8