Story Time!

Story Time!
RULES:
1. First come, first serve.
2. No fun allowed.
3. Choose actual options.

Archive of Last Night: angelinteractivestories tumblr com/post/163885456758/lauren-and-user-1

"That your boyfriend?" She elbows you roughly, shaking her head with a smile. A guy opens the door wearing a large pair of brown, floppy bunny ears. "Oh hey." He smiles at Lauren but gives you a weird glance. "Come on in Lauren. Assuming this is your guest?" She nods and slides in past him. You go to step in but he blocks your path. "Nice to meet you man, I'm Adam."

"user." You shake hands. His grip is firm, nearly crushing your hand firm. He claps your back before letting you in and shutting the door behind you. The room is filled with people. A TV is set up with a WiiU menu displaying on it's screen. Mario Kart is currently in. Lauren is already mingling. It seems pretty 50/50 on Dude/Dudette as far as you can tell.

CHOICES:
>Mingle around.
>Introduce to girls.
>Introduce to guys.

shelf

Mingle.

You mingle around, finding a few familiar faces but no one you outright know. You approach the drinks table thinking it'd be a good idea to have a small taste at the very least. Could get your mind running. Standing next to the table with drink in hand is your ex, taking a sip. Seeing you approach she offers a small smile and moves to intercept you.

On one hand, you both parted without bad blood. On the other, you still lie awake at night thinking of her. Of course Lauren was in the picture now, and that blonde girl from the coffee shop was pretty cute too but.. "Hey user!" She's standing in front of you now. Her long black hair seems just as silky as you remember..

CHOICES:
>Hey...
>Just getting a drink.
>Hi Samantha.

Hey...

Hi sam

Hey...

Don't use her name. This bitch doesn't deserve that much acknowledgement from us.

You pause, forcing out a small "Hey..." Her eyes glance up and down you. She's much more responsive than she was at the coffee shop. What changed?

"You're looking good. Everything been okay?" Offering a small nod you push past her to the drinks, grabbing a cup of punch. "Why did you ignore me at the coffee shop?"

"I had plans that I really needed to get to, sorry." You shrug apologetically. She doesn't seem to buy it. What was her problem anyway?

CHOICES:
>Confront it.
>Go back to mingling.
>Find Lauren.

Mingle

Hey...

Confront her about it

Without another word you integrate yourself back into the party. Coincidentally you run into the blonde girl from the coffee shop. "Oh hey, I didn't know you'd be here!" She's smiling brightly. Currently she's sitting on the back of the couch, playing with Adam's bunny ears while he focuses on Mario Kart.

"Yeah, my friend Lauren invited me."

The girl's eyes brighten with a tingle, nearly jumping off the couch. "Really? You're Lauren's new friend?" You grin sheepishly and nod. "Great to meet you finally, she told me all about you today!"

CHOICES:
>Oh she did?
>I hope they were good things!
>Nice to know I'm interesting enough to be talked about.

Oh she did?

"Oh she did?" The girl realizes what she accidentally let slip, a blush of embarassment spreading over her face. "Don't worry, our little secret." She nods profusely, glancing at Adam before throwing her legs off the couch to stand up in front of you.

"Hannelore." She offers you her hand. You take it and give it a respectable shake but you notice she's trembling to the touch.

"user. You okay?" She nodded vigorously, taking her hand immediately once you let go.

"Seen Lauren around?" You shake your head, explaining you lost her when Adam invited tyou in. "Darn. Well I need a drink you want anything..?"

CHOICES:
>I already got one.
>No thanks.
>I'll come with.

I'll come with.

"I'll come with you, if that's alright." A slow nod is all she gives you before prancing off to the drinks. You follow as close behind as you can. Reaching the drink table you are welcomed by the sight of Remus. He flashes you a grin, nodding to Hannelore. Perhaps the drink table was cursed to give you bad experiences in form to deter you from drinking.

"Hey user," his arm throws over your shoulder. "Didn't expect to see you here! Was this the plans you mentioned at lunch?"

"Haha, yeah. Funny seeing you here, man..."

CHOICES:
>Shrug his arm off.
>Wait for Hannelore.
>Try to be friendly.

Wait.

Shrug him off

You wait for Hannelore, humoring Remus as much as you comfortably can. His arm seems to refuse to move from your shoulders as he leans on you. "Having a good Christmas?" You grunt, hoping it would do. He nods. The shifting movement forces the scent of his cologne or whatever he's wearing into your nostrils. It's akin to a sickly bitter chocolate that's been left out in the sun for far too long. But it's oddly appealing. Lauren is talking to Adam out of the corner of your eye, controller in hand as they both play Mario Kart it seems.

Maybe it was a mistake coming here after all.

CHOICES:
>Continue to wait.
>Ask about cologne.

Keep waiting.

You're back senpai!

You continue to wait. What was taking her so long anyway? A few moments more pass and she walks back up to you, sipping her own punch. Her eyes are flitting about the party as if she was nervous of something. "Thanks for waiting."

"No problem." She goes to walk off and you take this as an excuse to get away from Remus who whispers one thing in your ear before you walk off. "Samantha was talking about you."

CHOICES:
>She was what?
>Ignore it.
>Excuse yourself and find Samantha.

She was what

You idiot, you just killed all my Hannelore route progress.

We don't need to have anything to do with Samantha. She probably cursed us with Remus in the first place.

I am! Hello, hello.

You pause and turn back to face him and his jackass smile. "She was what?" He nods and steps closer to you, his face inches from yours. His cologne is overpowering you again.

"Talking about you. Said something about being glad you aren't taking it as hard as she expected. And... Happy you aren't being as emo as you were in the relationship?" Your fists clenches slightly. "Or at least that's what I heard. Take it how you want."

CHOICES:
>Thank him for the info.
>He's trying to stir shit up.
>Go on your way.

She might be shit talking behind our backs. We need to check this bitch user.

Go on your way.

It doesn't matter what she says. Nothing she says or does matters. Unless you want to get pulled into some kind of trap.

You offer no further reaction and go on your way. The words weigh on your mind. Would she be saying something like that? You like to think she wouldn't, that she'd be respectful of you as you have been her. But she was acting odd before. And what reason did Remus have to lie? It's not like you weren't indebted to him already.

In your ponderings you weren't paying attention to where you were going, bumping forcibly into Hannelore who was talking to someone. "Ah, hey!" Her drinks spills onto her shirt, practically soaking the black cloth.

CHOICES:
>Oh shit, I'm so sorry.
>Exclaim in surprise.
>Recover yourself.

Exclaim.

You make your own exclamation in surprise that you bumped into her, and toward the fact you lost your balance. Your drink spills onto the back of her shirt as well, soaking her even further than she already had been. "Fuck!" She yells, trembling much more than she had been earlier. You panic slightly, unsure what to do.

"Can I help?"

"What?" Her eyes glance to you, showing no hostility but panic. "Not right now, justletme..." Her breathing is on the verge of hyperventilation before she catches it. Deeply in, deeply out. Deeply in... Deeply out...

CHOICES:
>Take the empty cup from her.
>Apologize.
>Ask if you can help again.

Apologise

I would've went for the empty cup.

I don't know why that's an option but the fact that it is must be significant.

"I'm so sorry Hannelore, I wasn't watching where I was going and I lost my balance. I'm sorry!" Adam is approaching with Lauren in tow. Adam is giving you a wary glance, coming to stand in front of Hannelore.

"You okay?" She nods slowly. "What happened?" Adam's eyes turn to stare at you with the question. Lauren is comfortingly rubbing Hannelore's shoulders soothingly.

"I lost where I was going, bumped into her and we spilled our drinks." Adam nods understandably and sighs. You feel two gazes on you from opposite sides of the room but right now you're too focused on the incident.

CHOICES:
>Offer your shirt. You can run down to your apartment and get your own replacement.
>Apologize again.
>Stay silent, you've done enough.

Offer shirt.

"Look, I live like literally a floor down. And I don't want you getting sick, I feel bad enough as is, why don't you take my shirt and I'll go get another one for myself?" She's still doing her deep breathing but gives a small nod. Adam seems wary but doesn't say anything to interrupt.

"I live across from you, right?" You nod. "I'll go with you, and throw this shirt in my apartment. It'll be fine... It'll be fine." The first one seems aimed at herself from the tone, but the second sounded as if it was going outwardly. To Adam? Lauren? You turn to go toward the door, letting you scan the room for the gazes boring into you. Remus and... Samantha.

CHOICES:
>Glare at Remus.
>Glare at Samantha.
>Frown.

So close to quints

Remus

Frown.

You fucking dumbass, this isn't about Remus or Samantha, stop drawing us back to those faggots.

We only need Remus to clear up the whole business about the loan, we don't need him in our social life. As for Samantha, never pick the Samantha option.

Walking to the door you glare at Remus who's gaze meets yours. He's still smiling that same smile. Why was he always so smug? Hannelore follows you out, shutting the door behind you. In silence you both enter the elevator. Down a floor, outside of both of your doors. You take the shirt off and offer it to her. It crosses your mind that she could just get her own shirt at this point. She goes to grab it...

CHOICES:
>Snatch it back.
>Ask why doesn't she get her own replacement.
>Does it matter?

Does it matter.

I don't like any of those options but I kind of get that our character is a fuck up.

In the grand scheme, it really doesn't matter. She thanks you and turns to her own apartment door as you enter yours to grab your own shirt. To your dresser you pull one off the top to show an old shirt of Samantha's. She must have missed it when she was taking the stuff she left at your apartment. Now is a good time to give it back. But did you really want to bother with her? You could always...

CHOICES:
>Take it to her.
>Take it to Remus to give to her.
>Fuck it, if she wants it she can get it herself.

Fuck it

Fuck it.

Take it to her.

You put on your shirt, a deep blue with a DBZ logo on the front. Really you wanted to at least try to have a good Christmas Eve, so you ignore the thought. Remus was up to stupid shit, she was acting like a bitch. Better to just involve yourself with everyone else. Hannelore probably hates you. Lauren is.. Well, you don't know. Adam seems wary but he does also feel friendly.

Walking out you find Hannelore standing at the elevator. The shirt is draped around her. It was far too big. "Thanks for that, and sorry if I was acting weird."

CHOICES:
>You okay?
>No problemo friendo.
>It was my fault.
>Any time.

I toyed with the idea of this one but we're at the party for Hannelore. Or Lauren if she'll get off Adam's dick.

It was my fault.

You okay

"It was my fault, I should've watched where I went." A small smile crosses her face as you both step into the elevator. You press the button and wait. The doors ding open.

Lauren is standing there, surprised. "Oh, I was coming to check on you two!" You chuckle. "Everything okay between you two?" A glance is shared between you and you both nod. "Good! Don't want my friends to have sourpatch between them."

Hannelore rolls her eyes and steps out of the elevator, laughing. "He's too sweet of a guy for me to be sour toward him." Lauren smiles at Hannelore who's gone back to the party, leaving you two alone.

CHOICES:
>Let's go.
>Ask what's up.
>Go back to the party yourself.

What's up?

"What's up?" You notice she's wearing the necklace. She shakes her head, staring down at her feet. Right.

"Come on, you can't invite me to a party and then cold shoulder me." Silence. She was still staring down. You notice her hair had slight curls on the ends instead of being entirely straight tonight.

"Just worried about Hannelore. She has a bit of a problem with contact. Especially with people she isn't familiar with. I thought wearing someone else's shirt would.." She shrugs.

CHOICES:
>Would?
>What do you mean problem with contact?
>Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

What do you mean.

"Kinda like," she waves her hands openly about. "Extreme germaphobia." You had heard of germaphobes but extreme? Does that mean panic attacks just from the thought, or? Would probably do well to keep that in mind. "But if she's fine with it, it doesn't matter. Let's go!" She takes your hand and leads you back to the party. Inside people are going on as if nothing had happened. You see Hannelore playing Mario Kart now, Adam and Samantha talking off to the side. And Remus... is nowhere to be seen.

CHOICES:
>Another drink!
>Talk to Lauren.
>Mingle, who knows who you'll find!

TALK to Lauren

Talk.

"Enjoying the party so far?" You lean back against the wall as Lauren turns to face you.

"Yeah, you?"

"Better than being alone."

She nods and smiles in agreement. "I didn't realize your friend would be here." Friend? Oh, Remus.

"Me either. I see you're wearing the necklace." Her hand instinctively touched to the jewelry. "I'm glad you like it." A small smile and blush crossed her face again.

CHOICES:
>Ask what she plans to do after the party.
>Wish her a personal Merry Christmas.
>Tease her.

Tease.

You gently poke her cheek, "You blush too much." Her hand swats at your finger, a larger blush coming across her face. "It makes you so easy to read." The blush deepens.

"Oh yeah? How does it make me easy to read?" She's pouting again, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You're embarrassed and slightly upset, but still find this oddly fun. Or would that be exhilarating?" She grumbles her response, turning away from you now. "And now you're facing away to verify my words but not wanting to actually admit it."

CHOICES:
>Rub her shoulders.
>Arm around her waist.
>Change the conversation.

Rub.

You reach up and rub her shoulders. She glances over her shoulders at you, raising an eyebrow. You raise one back in response. She chuckles and turns her head back to the party. You scan over it. Everyone seems so happy. Admittedly you're happy too, but it feels wrong. Dead, almost. Shallow would be a proper term for it. A small sigh escapes your lips. "You okay?"

CHOICES:
>Tell the truth.
>I'm fine.
>Nothing.

Truth.

Here we go anons.

"Just feeling eh." It was technically the truth. She nodded. You imagine in her mind that it probably just means you're out of your waters here. Which is true but that's not really the factor. And here comes Samantha.

"Hi Lauren! user." She seems so cold. She passes by you both, leaving a chill wind in her wake. You have half a mind to chew her out. How dare she ruin something that should be joyous for you.

CHOICES:
>Confront her.
>Lean against Lauren playfully.
>Go get another drink.

Lean.

You lay your chin down on the top of her gently, leaning against her. She looks up at you. You smile down at her. You're surprised she's okay with this much contact. You just met yesterday. ...Did she feel obliged because of the necklace?

Adam claps his hands together, gathering everyone's attention. "Two minutes everyone! Let's get ready!"

"Ready for what?" You cock your head to the side.

"Countdown and celebration of Christmas Day," explains Lauren.

CHOICES:
>Participate.
>Stay silent.

participate

Stay silent.

You fucking idiot, this might be some cult shit that steals our soul.

There's something off about all of these people and how they're so conveniently gathered together at this party.

pls

We'll be okay.

The time passes quickly and everyone enters their countdown. Isn't this supposed to be for New Years day?

You join in, trying your best to not to deafen Lauren who is chanting along. As it reaches one you find your arms wrapping around her, almost instinctively, memories of Samantha on Christmas Eve entering your mind. You were happy back then at least. Everyone yells Merry Christmas to each other, but you can't muster it. A gentle whisper of Merry Christmas into her ear is all you manage as even the shallow happiness dies away. Not alone but lonely.

CHOICES:
>Break away, leave.
>Hold back the tears.
>Let the apathy wash over you.

Apathy.

This is my shit, guys.

at least it's better than the APD option that would have picked and the faggot option.

The apathy takes its place where everything else should be. You feel her gently pull away from you, turning to face you. "And a Merry Christmas to you too." Her face is smiling so brightly. You try to mimic the smile as best you can. "I really can't thank you enough for the necklace. And me, not having a gift for you..." Before you can respond Hannelore is at you both, her arms wrapping around your necks.

"Merry Christmas," she sings. You both smile, wishing her your own well wishes. "Why are you two over here all alone? Sharing a private moment?" Lauren blushes again. You shrug. Hannelore seems to have picked up on how you're holding her as well. "Should I leave you two alone? There is mistletoe, you know."

CHOICES:
>Nah.
>Mmm..
>I'd rather you not.

Mmm...

Mate you just cockblocked the threesome

Rip harem ending

"Mmm..." Not exactly a grunt, but not a full hum. Samantha shakes her head at Hannelore who shrugs. They both share a glance to you, then around the party before talking about some nonsense. Some guy at the cafe earlier that day is all you gather.

You drift from the conversation and let your eyes wander around the party until they land on Samantha who is still talking to Adam. She's all over him at this point. Boy if only you could feel anything right now that may actually rile you up. Hannelore tugs at your shirt to get your attention. "Thirsty?"

CHOICES:
>No thanks.
>Yeah, actually.
>Mhm.

Yeah.

Yeah, actually.

mhm

You can't get all lovey with Lauren and then immediately try to pull Hannelore in.

I saved you guys. Now isn't the moment. You have to understand that the first opportunity isn't always the best opportunity. Hannelore has our shirt and we have Lauren's number. There will be future encounters.

Why.

"Yeah, actually." You weren't thirsty. Well not fully. You just thought it'd be good to get some alcohol in you. Does the punch even have alcohol? Would explain some things. Not a lot, but some. Only one way to find out anyway!

Hannelore is off to get the drinks, leaving you two alone. Or it would if Remus hadn't appeared with his ungodly chocolate cologne. Was it getting stronger? "Hey lovebirds." Lauren gives a small wave.

CHOICES:
>Yo.
>Howdy.
>Remus.

Remus.

Remus.

She fucking sexy as hell woo

"Remus." You can't help but hold some of the contempt from before in your tone. It seems to actually offend him this time as his gaze zeroes in on your eyes. He raises an eyebrow as if to suggest he isn't happy with you. Oh well. Hannelore is back with your drink which you happily down. The four of you are now just standing in the corner. Silently. As a party goes on around you. Were you really killing the mood that bad?

"How've things been at Coffee of Doom?" Remus is talking to Hannelore now who makes a happy noise. Must be going well. Samantha is listening intently. You're drifting away again. "That's great. Would hate for y'all to have a rough spot, you get my coffee just right!"

CHOICES:
>Compliment it as well.
>Stay silent.
>Maybe it's time to leave.

Maybe it's time to leave.

Compliment it as well

"I think I'm gonna leave guys." You pull away further from Lauren who seems forlorn at the loss of contact. Hannelore glances down at a watch on her wrist, nodding.

"I should too." You both start toward the door before Lauren grabs your hand. She stands up to her tiptoes, leaning into your ear to whisper you should text her when your back to your apartment. You nod and exit the room with Hannelore. "You're lucky."

CHOICES:
>I don't feel like I am.
>How so?
>Funny.

How so.

Funny.

"How so?" She smiles knowingly, walking backwards to face you while you approach the elevator.

"Lauren. She's too pure for this world, and she's taken a liking to you." You nod. "I'm really jealous, actually. It took forever for me to work up the nerve to even talk to her!" You smile at the thought. She seemed so approachable...

CHOICES:
>Why?
>Really?
>Ask about the germaphobia.

Why?

Why?

"Why?" She hits the button for your floor, shrugging her shoulders widely.

"It just did. I'm not good at making friends, so talking to people is hard for me. And I only saw her like twice a week at work so it's not like we knew each other extensively." She pauses for a moment, sighing. "And y'know, someone as pretty as her is really intimidating to talk to you." You could get behind that. That's how you felt toward Samantha in highschool.

CHOICES:
>Agree.
>Stay silent.
>Offhand comment about her being pretty as well.