ITT: Hollywood success stories that weren't the result of nepotism

ITT: Hollywood success stories that weren't the result of nepotism

The guy slogged away in comedy clubs for decades and eventually became the most successful comedian in America.

>the most successful comedian in America.

I think there's more than one claimant to that title.

Seinfeld, Rock, Murphy? Cosby, before you know...

D R O P P E D

why is he always talking about his children

inb4 cuck posters

It's going to be hard to find people today that didn't get there as a result of nepotism.

He's pretty much joined those ranks at this point user

the standup world is so elitist, insular, and vicious that anyone who achieves success has probably paid their dues. if a guy came up who was jerry seinfeld's nephew or something and he was perceived as having a leg up because of it, he'd get torn apart

5 or so years ago, I might have said that all prominent TV comedians could claim to be "Hollywood success stories that weren't the result of nepotism" (hell, even Ray Romanos standup was decent, and everybody loves Raymond was shit), but with the amount of unfunny shitters that have their own shows nowadays, I don't know anymore.

This is true of Schumer no matter how much it triggers Sup Forums

inb4 sam hyde machine gun picture

He's basically my favorite and has been since I saw his 2007 special. My issue is the interview he had with Kevin Hart. The woman interviewer asked him about stand up and his routine and if he ever still gets nervous. He basically said no, and his reason was that you get to a point in your ability as a comedian where you no longer fail. You understand how to keep the material coming and make it good. I thought that was interesting until I saw the Comedy Store special on Netflix. That was failure right there. He's my absolute favorite and I just couldn't make it through.

What do you mean?
She paid her dues or is only famous due to nepotism?

That only goes to prove the shitty state of comedy.

Jews don't count.

Because lots of grown ups have kids and can relate to the struggles of raising them

That she paid her dues is what I'm guessing. It sounded like he meant that despite the hate she gets here, she still proved herself to get where she is.

Paid her dues. You will essentially never see a comedian bad mouth her or say she doesn't deserve the success. During the whole "stealing" bullshit pretty much the entire comedy community defended her no matter how much it butt blasted Sup Forums and reddit.

You mean you don't like hearing about his nigger cunt faggot daughters?

I've only heard a bit of it Louis ck but it wasn't funny

What stealing thing?

BIG

A lot of action stars came from nothing...Stallone, Van Damme and of course the GOAT, pic related

Because his children are probably a big part of his life and it leads to a lot of inspiration.

>25m net worth

'most successful comedian in america'

The first two seasons of Louie are some of the best comedy I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

>Jew
>Wasn't the result of nepotism

I'm sure a) being related to one of the most powerful Senators in Congress and b) no one wanting to look sexist by daring to criticize a woman had anything to do with that

Her uncle is Chuck Schumer

>Schumer (D-NY) paid her dues.

>a) being related to one of the most powerful Senators in Congress

They're like third cousins and they've had like two conversations in her life

> b) no one wanting to look sexist by daring to criticize a woman had anything to do with that

This is fucking insane but there's really no way to argue against insanity so I'm sure you feel smug and validated with your delusion

Except she didn't. She got lucky getting onto Last Comic Standing and dated Anthony Jeselnik. Seinfeld, C.K. others worked and worked doing the grind and didn't get much of anywhere from years. Schumer got "credits" early on, though those credits were new things not established works. It was a weird time. I don't want to diminish the value of getting them and such, but it does tend to snowball. You get one, you can take it somewhere else and get another. She got credits before she had an act and clung to it till she got her shit together.

Last Comic standing is an incredibly fake reality show where they have picked who is advancing and still filmed failures for early episodes. They pretty much only ever put on semi-established comics now. They also were creating a reality show and Schumer fit the mold they were looking for. Each season is so "diverse" its kind of disgusting how pandering it feels.

Thanks for correcting the record
Hillary 2016

Not an argument

I don't know her or her story, I was just giving my take on what I thought the user meant for the other user in case the first user didn't respond.

>This is fucking insane but there's really no way to argue against insanity so I'm sure you feel smug and validated with your delusion

Not the guy you're replying to but I've spent a lot of time in comedy clubs and improv circles and the VAST majority of the guys there fall under the "nu-male" umbrella. They're also outspoken as fuck so if you hold any kind of opinion that goes against the majority you're getting drummed out.

>You will essentially never see a comedian bad mouth her or say she doesn't deserve the success

What comedians ever say this about another comedian? They all work with each other and while is down and another is up it could switch. For example, Daniel Tosh has opened for Dane Cook within the last few years, would you shit on a guy who's getting you an audience?

Matt Leblanc is a true story of struggle and success

Did you know that before he joined Friends he only had $11 to his name and when he first got his paycheck he bought a hot meal while Courtney Cox bought a car

>Le bald libertarian argument man

>Did you know that before he joined Friends he only had $11 to his name and when he first got his paycheck he bought a hot meal while Courtney Cox bought a car

That sounds crazy enough for me to believe it.

>What comedians ever say this about another comedian?

Wut? Comics are the most bitter jealous hate fueled people on the planet. Comics shit talk other comics who DO deserve the success. Literally any slight display of theft or hackery will get you pounced on in an instant and every 5 years when a new crop comes in even the widely beloved "legends" of the past get ripped apart.

>Not an argument
Not an argument.

>They're like third cousins and they've had like two conversations in her life
How the fuck would you know?
>This is fucking insane but there's really no way to argue against insanity so I'm sure you feel smug and validated with your delusion
Yes, it's absolutely insane that people would be scared of being made to look sexist for criticizing a woman in 2016. Good job retard

Louie is brilliant, one of my favorite shows since it started airing

My argument is in the previous post right here and it has yet to be refuted with anything but a meme and a meaningless anecdotal non-argument

Not in Hollywood yet.

there's no need for 'today' in that statement. nepotism has been around as long as society.

>How the fuck would you know?

Because Stern told a funny story once about how he was there when she first had to talk to the cousin because she was starting to get famous and she didn't want his connection to her to fuck up his career.

Who? Like comics who've made it vs up and comers, or what? I just dont see med-range comics shitting on anyone ever.

maybe in private in the back room of a comedy club, but most comedians would never jeopardize their next paycheque by criticizing each other openly. people knew mencia was stealing material for years before rogan confronted him in public. patrice was openly critical of people and it got him nowhere financially.

>senator has big time pull in the comedy world

Comics have beef the way rappers have beef.

Its a bigger part of their culture than other arts.

All of Schumer's success is from hollywood productions, not stand-up.

>senator does NOT have pull in Hollywood

grow up

>senator has pull in hollywood

hollyjew is a lot more powerful than him

Are you actually retarded?

i await your explanation

>jewish senator is not part of the jew american jewish establishment
>the hollyjews don't work with the government jews

What a laff we are all having.

If you need an "explanation" as to how U.S. Senators have a lot of power and influence you don't even deserve the label 'functionally retarded'

Comedy Store was good user.

Thanks for the great explanation, senpai!

Yea, Ari Shaffir talked about how he knew he couldn't do shit about Mencia stealing his jokes. Shaffir was barely anything, soem Amazing Racist stuff, but Mencia had several specials, DVDs and CDs and his own show. It took a while and a gathering of comedians who were victims and a comedian like Joe Rogan who put his reputation on the line against mencia's. That was risy as all fuck, but they did it to all confront mencia on it. Normally you don't do that, you're just fucked, someone like Mencia just wins.

I don't know how you could think that. It felt so phoned in. He skipped right past doing impersonations and basically just made mouth noises.

It was total ass. Its no coincidence the interracial breeding grounds began when comedy store came out.

Arnie was worth over a million before even started acting.

>senator calls up the comedy club to make sure his niece is given stage time

user, you are the retarded one.