pastebin.com/grLucSzY

Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo
youtube.com/watch?v=MUUrW7xJSw4
community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375632-Pairs-amp-Combinations-The-Complete-Series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for tribbling to stave off your anhedonia

First for will keen was an overrated sack of shit

delet dis

if they accept a suggestion instead of clickign ok just hit spacebar and sim half an hour and up the offer until they start negotiating.

there's really only 3 positions in soccer:

defender, midfield, and forward

everything else:
>false 9
>winger
>fullback
>sweeper
>attacking midfielder

these are all memes. so are formations. soccer is a very fluid game on the pitch and none of this matters once the whistle blows

prove me wrong. spoiler: you can't

Where were you when a ragtag group of broke Argentinians landed in Ecuador, tore ass through the streets on a team bus, showed up with no kit and went and qualified for the copa libertadores?

Clueless American needs a source on that.

Heaping amounts of this. I don't understand what a "football manager" does beside pace up and down the sideline while wearing a pricey suit and a gaudy watch. Compare that to an actual NFL coaching staff where you have a chain of command, starting with the head coach and his coordinators, all the way down to the kid who gets the juicy fruit gum. Despite what Euros will say, it's a lot more logistically impressive than whatever you have in soccer.

And they went and won. Though the part about them only sending 11 players turned out to not be true.

>Thinking positions and roles are the same

It could be meme in lower leagues, but in top ones it's very precise. You don't train players with special sequences to just let them run in anarchy during the week-end.

did you see the manager? he already accused all of ecuador for trying to sabotage them. suspicious stuff happened at the airport apparently.

>this flag
>this topic

Apparently rules state match can kick off no more than 45 mins late or its a forfeit so might be that Nacional appeal and then we get to see how corrupt South America is

>Compare that to an actual NFL coaching staff where you have a chain of command, starting with the head coach and his coordinators, all the way down to the kid who gets the juicy fruit gum. Despite what Euros will say, it's a lot more logistically impressive than whatever you have in soccer.
youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo

I must admit that a certain QB shouldn't have thought for himself what was the right play last Sunday however.

REAL OFFICIAL THREAD THEME SONG

youtube.com/watch?v=MUUrW7xJSw4

not an argument,

Been easing myself back into Football Manager after a break with a little Fulham save, but now I want something else.

Should I go to lower tiers in Brazil/Argentina or Serie C?

argies

Brazil is a lot of fun IMO. Even in the lower tiers you can sign some pretty solid players.

Go manage in a different continent, so Brazil or something.

I'll start a nice little Brazil save then. Thanks trb.

Autistic Frenchie is 100% correct here. A target man and a poacher are both positionally forward/striker. However they don't play that position in the same manner. An Advanced Playmaker and an Anchor Man are both positionally midfielders, but their play looks nothing alike.

Also, even with your stupidly limiting mindset, I would argue that there are five true positions: Defender, Midfielder, Forward, Winger, and Keeper.

But that wasn't me I swear!

This wasn't you?

Nay. There are at least two of us as of now.

2bh, I had thought about putting on a trip or something, but I'm satisfied with the posting quality, so I didn't see a worthwhile reason to patent my bullshit.

>he thinks wingers aren't just pacey outside midfielders
Teehee

Nay it wasn't him but me.
Reminder we're at least 2, the Triglav one, and me with the Inter save.

HOLY MOLY, this went much better than expected.

My lad Marshall making that team of the week

This match was a rollercoaster of emotions

What year is that, and how competitive Malmö is?

2023, and I JUST managed to fuck off malmö.

They played juventus in the last CL qualifying stage and drew 0-0 at home and lost 3-0 away.

Beat chievo and dnipro in europa league group stages, but placed third.

They're usually the second or third big spenders in the league, with me being on top.

>56 clubs interested

Wut

offer him out for 300k

decline all offers, then offer out for 1m

decline all offers and offer for 1.5m

rince and repeat until noone bids, then lower the demand by half a million at the time.

When someone finally bids reneg with 100k lower than what you offered him for and a non-negotiable 50% sell-on.

also post him and the clubs interested

Sweet neptune

the 2021 season was the closest, both teams beat the points record for the league.

Also malmö single handedly dragged sweden into an automatic group stage spot in europe, to which im very thankful.

Here he is. I fucked up though and hes on loan through the end of his contract and I can't recall. So I'm kind of screwed

3 saves by the G O A T keeper for the win

>AI actually being good in Europe and not wasting slots
Wew.

>korean
>198 cm
>central defender

Just take my money

>tfw scrolling through your inbox after doing the inbox fix

Fucking SI

The fuck is this gay shit.

ill pair him up with this lad

just some sickcunts doing sickcunts shit matey, so why wont you be a good cunt and be a dickhead cunt somewhere else.

>(pen 40)
>(pen 81)
>3.6 rating
Travesty, he did his job alright!

I don't think I had the pocket money for that m8.

>Miroslav Rasic
>Australian

calling bullshit on that

Fm generates tons of yugoslav/aussie dual nationals

isnt there a big community of european immigrants in australia? He's a serb born in australia

There are billions Aussies who come from (ex-)Yugoslavia in the db, and I suspect IRL too. I've gotten used to them having dual citizenship.

i know. I'm just saying, very legit australian name. Like getting a german regen named muhammad

>Leroy Sané
>Mesut Özil
>Mario Gómez
>Samir Khedira
>Lukas Podolski
You haven't seen all the Turk, Africans and Polish regens in the db or generated by the game.

At least you occasionally get decent names. Mike thinks the US is literally Mexico as far as names go.

>Mike thinks the US is literally Mexico as far as names go.
He's just trying to be realistic about the future of the US

BUILD

This is my favorite ive got

Then there is a distinct lack of creative De'mojordanique Shakilloquann Jones type names.

>Peter petersson

NICE

>kosovian

V NICE

i've got some evil shit going on in my save

I accept full responsibility for our comeback. Totally knew my out of form striker would come in late to seal the game for us

>try a true 3-4-3 for the first time
>kickoff highlight lasts for 2 minutes
>oppositions fires off three shots at goal
>score in same hightlight on the counter

Promising

JK somehow we managed to not win this game
>posting mid match

m8s is there any way to fix this shit? Most obvious ofcourse would be change the false nine into a target man but I can only do that next transfer period.

Do false nine's only work with inside forwards? its pretty annoying since i have no real strikers.

Should I change the cm(d) to a box to box next transfer period too?

maybe it works better like this for now.
But i'm keeping the wingers since im going to buy target men next transfer period.

>using a target man
>ever

it works great mate. maybe not for you because you use your fancy inside forwards

I'd rather use a strikerless formation or use an AF or CF than ever use a target man. The game makes your team hoof it up to your Target Man and lose possession way too often, it's a shit role in ME.

Wait what do you want to fix? What's your issue?
What are you aiming to do with your tactics?

In the ME**

The main thing is that the false nine doesn't work at all like this. maybe I should change it into a deeplying attack, but I never used that one before.

When you say it doesn't works, you mean he doesn't score? Or he doesn't receive the ball?

At first why did you set up your ST as a F9?

(All those questions are not bad intended, I hope we can figure something)

i should elaborate a bit: the false nine gets the ball, runs 10 meters then loses possesion.

I suppose there's no one in front of him to pass the ball? So he either shoot from far or impaled himself in an opponent.

I don't really have real strikers, just a bunch of false nines and one devensive forward. I dindn't buy them because i had 2 central midfielders total so I had to buy some of those first.

So if I put the wingers on attack and with stay forward maybe he will be able to pass to them

--- F9 ---
SS -- SS

>meeting in 3 hours
>not idea what it's about

Maaaybe... it's about FM?

I'm watching full match sped up now but I should put him on some kind of setting that he passes quiker after the match is over.

Ok so those are "best suited" roles acoording to your staff, it doesn't mean the player will be inefficient if put on other role.

Hum, not sure about it, the stay forward would made them staying higher on the pitch when you're not in possession, it's useful with a direct passing if you want to attempt long range pass on the side.

The main issue with combining a lone ST as F9 with Wingers is that it's pretty unproductive, as your wingers have to cross early to reeach the ST, who will then go straight on opponent, here you miss the point of using wingers.

But there's several options.
You can try Look for overlap, it will allows your fullback to come higher on the field and your wingers to play narrower, restraining space in front of goal.

If you want to get rid of the F9, I would rather suggest an AF as you have wingers, you will have a prime target for their crosses. P could work too obviously.
If you keep want to use your ST in animation/creation, CF can work too but care as it needs good player and it also can be unproductive in terms of goals.

DF and TM would only be useful if you have a player who can be another threat in goal scoring.

Thanks. I will do the overlap. I'm eying some player now who is good in both AF and in TM and he's cheap too so I'm probably going to buy him as replacement.

Also you have to set your wingers instructions and mentality right.

Same for your team mentality, that's why I asked you what was your objective with this tactic, or if you prefer why did you create this one rather than something else (there's no bad answer here as everyone got his philosphy of playing). Just keep in mind that you have to focus on few points to create a strategy

>Do I care about possession
>Do I want to score a lot or do I prefer not conceding
>Is my team a top team on the league or a low team

You will not play the same facing strong opponent or weaker, and a tactic can become inefficient against some.

Another case of "Should have read the OP".
>community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375632-Pairs-amp-Combinations-The-Complete-Series
Simply: a False 9/supportive striker role goes hand in hand with either another attacking striker role or a "False 10" role. Namely, Raumdeuter, Inside Forwards (Attack), Shadow Strikers. Your False 9 needs someone to pass the ball to. And obviously, it's not because his favourite role is False 9/Defensive Forward that you have to play him as such.

Rather than buying just try your actual F9 as an AF, if he sucks this hard look in your squad (even younger) if you can find a decent ST.

And obviously listen to my fellow compatriote

>defensive wingback

What did SI mean by this?

Is it possible to moneyball in this game?

In the Eredivise

Yup, Eredivisie, Serbia, Croatia, Belgium, Turkey too I think.
You just need a league outside Top 5 with nice facilities.

Use AZ

>In March 2015, the Dutch football club AZ Alkmaar, under general director Robert Eenhoorn, a former Major Leaguer, hired Beane as an advisor.

no

>that flag
>this post

>that flag
>that approval

Only a holidaying leaf would give props to another

R8 my homegrown talent.

My gripe about wingers and FBs in general. Awesome physicals, can't/won't develop tekkers for shit.

>Right Only

these clasues
>winning the champions league
>winning coupe de france

yeah fuck off mate

>Akira Aoyama

Does he draw manga?

The city of me

>switched from Bolton to Nice
>decided that I wanted to go back to Bolton after a season of playing at Nice, because of nomoney
>want to boot up the Bolton save that I created just before switching clubs
>remember that I deleted all Bolton saves except for the latest one to save disk space, since I didn't think I'd need 5 versions of my Bolton save if I'm not even managing there anymore
>I had already taken the offer by Nice in my latest "Bolton" save
>tfw can't go back

Do I start a new save now lads? France is disgusting, my DoF literally sold all my best players for half their value and bought absolute scrubs for 1m instead, even though we are fucking getting CL money. Can't be arsed to stay at Nice anymore.

Dubs might pick my next professional club from the english 3rd, the german 3rd or the italian 3rd