Can someone please help delete ONE FUCKING FOLDER?!?!?!!!!!!!??!?!?!

Can someone please help delete ONE FUCKING FOLDER?!?!?!!!!!!!??!?!?!

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to delete what remains of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam and literally nothing has worked. Ive tried changing permissions, deleting with cmd, etc.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO????? I am on the verge of suicide if I cant delete this one fucking folder!!!!!

>inb4 delete system 32
>inb4 kys retard

Other urls found in this thread:

filecroco.com/download-unlocker
steamcommunity.com/id/predicting
communities.intel.com/thread/108730
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>exit steam if it's running
>take ownership of the folder
>adjust permission settings
>delete

Steam should have an uninstall program. Just look for it under control panel

ive already tried that. it wont let me change the permissions. i cant tell if im doing it wrong or what

i did that and this fucking folder is STILL FUCKING THERE. I am literally going to die if this one fucking folder with all its dumb fucking files wont delete

I know exactly what to do user. Trust me on this. The same thing happens to me.

Open up system configuration. you can do this by holding the windows key at the bottom left and pressing r to open up the run menu, and then typing msconfig into the window.

Then, from the new window, select the "boot" tab, and enable "safe boot"

Restart the PC, and now, you can delete those very retarded steam files. You'll need to reverse the effects using the windows key plus R combo, since in safe mode, the computer won't let you just type that shit into the search bar.

Good luck.

>it wont let me change the permissions
that's why I asked you to take ownership first

Get a really big really powerful magnet and throw it at the computer

Email me I have a key for revouninstaller pro it'll let you delete it.

[email protected]

Pull out HD, place into an external case (making sure jumper settings/SSD brackets are correct), connect to another computer, delete files from secondary drive.

literally about to do this

I just fucking told you exactly what to do here.
Why bother helping you if you don't bother listening?

This is the solution

this

get "take ownership" you faggot

filecroco.com/download-unlocker

Download, run, right click folder, click delete, wait, hit yes, restart, gone.

Thank me [email protected] ml

fucking this

>Dubs don't lie

have you tried turning it off and then on again?

You are a god among men. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol if you went to all that trouble instead of using unlocker 1.9.2 you sir are a dickhead.

Why do u want to delete steam for anyway dipshit? Steam is love forever.

I had to reinstall it was literally broken

>@sharklasers.com

Buy me a steam game for my trouble?

Doesn't mean my advice doesn't work

Unlocker 1.9.2 has been around for years and is trusted by 99% of high leading technology sites.

PS: why would I post my real email on /b lol. You must be new here

I could maybe do it tomorrow. I have $20. What's your steam?

Steam.com/id/predicting

had this problem, came up with a weird fix
>go into each subfolder
>delete every single file one yby one

What game?

steamcommunity.com/id/predicting

Say thanks smurf pick a game under 20 and it's yours.

google "take ownership". it's a .reg file and adds a new option to your context menu and whatever you right click on, you can "take ownership" and then do whatever you want with it. you don't look like you have admin rights so maybe you won't be allowed to add it to the registry but try it. it's completely "safe", except it adds the ability for users to take ownership of anything. it's a good thing to have because if you move a drive from one machine to a new one, it's common to not have rights to it.

Refer to this:

Unlocker 1.9.2 does this without the need of a reg file which is harder to remove if needed.

With unlocker you install it. Then you can uninstall it without needing to go into the registry to remove it.

right click the folder, click on security, then click advanced. on the top you will see owner.. click change and put your username in there.. you also need to check the box that says replace all child objects..

Dickhead if someone else has ownership you can't just change that by using that method. It will refuse you because you don't have the right to change owner.

Which is why taking permission with unlocker 1.9.2 works because it located the file in the registry and deletes it. Which you don't have to be admin to do.

actually i just did this to my steam folder and it worked 100%.. it was originally owned by administrator with CREATOR OWNER as full permissions.

plz stahp

Yes but you are an admin that's why it worked. There is admin and there is super admin. Admin is the account you make with the computer, super admin you have to enable first befor you can create a super admin account. Super admin stops you doing certain things. So cuz you're admin already you could change that folders specific owner to yourself. But if you say tried to change system32 you wouldn't be able to cuz you're not super admin.

Please educate yourself.

and what does that have to do with the steam folder??

Op isn't an admin on the computer he is using. So your method wouldn't have worked.

if he isnt an admin and has no way of becoming one no way will work..

If you are on a computer with intel, look for a process called "igfxEM Module" and end it, all done there. That process takes over the permissions of shit in steam, intel aknoledged it, but their fix was shit.

Bump

Yes end an Intel process and stop your PC's fans from working. Good job newfag!

This isn't Reddit don't samefsg bump you're own post newfag dickweasel

Fuck off summerfag, couldnt even take the time to see if it was legit?

communities.intel.com/thread/108730

Fuck you too, I'm trying to help this sandnigger

I'll bump whatever the fuck i want

Bump.

That post is 10mnths old. They already pushed a driver update via windows update for anyone with Intel

Stopping the driver now causes issues with your PC's fans.

Call me a summerfag again I dare you cuz you just got roasted newfag

Process*

Bump yourself back to 9gag you fucking newfag self bumps don't do anything

Sandnigger has already been helped, go catch your late boat and hope it doesn't drown

If it was a laptop, the update has to be manual as the driver is "adapted" to their propietary shit, so he may not have it, and killing the process is the quickest course of action until he updates or checks his version.

>9gag
Do anything? You already noticed me, as well as the OP probably did.

>git bash
>install node
>npm install rimraf
>sudo rimraf that bitch and your whole c while your at it please.

Everyone has windows updates you illiterate fuckwit. Of course he has it.

Restart the fucking computer. Always fucking works for me.

Fuck off Linux fag. Linux will never be like windows cuz it can't run shit. Stop living in the past and get the superior os already

Don't know if it's been resolved (thread tl;dr), but I've installed a program that gives me an option in the right-click option box that just says "Take Ownership..."

Should do the trick.

Alternatively, wipe hard drive?

Dumbass, oh I have a virus quick shutdown my computer that'll fix everything.

How thick are you cunt?

Just Google "take ownership windows"ans it should show up

Wipe C drive. Brilliant plan genius.

And yes that program it's called unlocker 1.9.2

No need to google shit I linked to it here:

But that will work on Windows...
>get git bash

moron

Windows has PowerShell built in now. You'd know that if you used the superior os dickhead

Truth hurts doesn't it Linux fag?

I use Windows... just not the shitty parts... do basically all of it.
>choco4lyfe

Samefag say wat?

Wyatt to point out the obvious dumfag

Way*