youtu.be/w7vIpPEad3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mariners!

plz no more bully

JUST

WATCH

Mariners to win the AL Pennant

jints

Okay from what I've gathered Japan is cool with allowing pros but the MLB wants to make the WBC meme a thing rather than partner with the Olympics.

They'll probably get the pros

Also the 2 runner extra innings is way better than normal extra innings

>tfw we'll never have this for team USA
youtu.be/w7vIpPEad3E

When was the first time you realized no one was gonna care about this?

Guys I'm breddy flippin excited for baseball

The whole WBC is a brainchild of MLB
They thought they could make money off of it
They can't make money off of the Olympics
Why do you think the NHL and NBA are always considering ending participation in the Olympics?

KCR

The not making money is questionable.

If the US team can win it may generate more interest in foreign markets.

Also the WBC isn't making them any money.

MLB would in theory get revenue directly from the WBC plus foreign markets
They wouldn't get any money directly from the Olympics plus they have to stop their season or let star players not play games in August

I thought the WBC was about growing baseball abroad?

why would US winning in any situation be good for foreign markets that already know the US would dominate if they played seriously

fucking retard go back to handegg you stupid casual

Yeah sure
Go ahead and think that

That's what I thought too

Because seeing the fucking players play is the first step to getting them more into the MLB.

And those fucking gooks actually think they are better at baseball.

Whatever fuck the MLB I want the Olympics and they're gonna give it to me

Well the World Cup helped soccer in the US and we didn't win it

the premier 12 was based

cheating japs btfo by the gooks in the semis
>winning 3-0 in the 9th
>lose

MLB has no real incentive to do that
They'd either have to stop the season which loses them money during their most profitable months, or let their star players play and basically play July/August with scrubs
And both involve star players having the possibility of getting hurt away from MLB diamonds

There's only gonna be 6 teams.

It will last a week tops.

They'll cave and do it. But not all the best players will go I'm sure.

Is there a term or o word for hitting the ball with a handle or near-to-handle part of the bat?

I designed a more extreme version of that
First round: 28 teams in 4 groups, 7 teams per group, 6 games per team
Second round: 12 teams in 2 groups, 6 teams per group, 5 games per team
Then the quarters and semis are best of 3
And the final is best of 5
It would be fucking intense

no worries WBC bros, in 20 years when all the grandpas are dead or dying and baseball starts losing popularity and china decides to get into baseball making all the asian leagues richer and closer in quality to MLB then the fuckers who run MLB will realize they need a revitalization of baseball here so they'll organize new WBC where the best will actually play and it will be on FOX and everyone will watch because casuals love world cups and USA will win because we'd still be the best easily and baseball will be back bros and the new WBC will be here to stay because it's prestigious now.

jam shot
getting jammed

you wouldnt do that usually because it wouldnt give much impact on the ball

the closest thing would probably be a batted foul

Thank you, that helps.

It would probably take 3 weeks
That's 3 weeks they aren't making money
They won't cave in

T R O S
R
O
S

yeah it's not a good thing though and it also hurts like a bitch especially if it's cold out

If it actually is 3 weeks they wont.

I bet they'll shorten it though.

Yeah that shit hurts, especially on wood. Its a really weird feeling too. Everything kinda goes numb

I really hope >we don't suck this year

part of the fun of the wbc is the shortness of it, the 1 game knockouts especially, anyone can win 1 game of baseball so it makes it pretty unpredictable. Even if the US sent the very best team they could they still wouldn't be nearly guaranteed to win, they could easily lose if they run into a hot pitcher or are just unlucky with their batted balls.

and 28 is way too many teams, there are maybe 18 to 20 countries who are decent at baseball

still it'd be nice to have more games. I posted in the jap baseball thread a bit ago that I'd like to see 2 groups of 8, top 4 of each group go to a knockout round. that's about twice as many total games as the current tournament and also more knockout round games which are great

Im hoping for an Ms Os wild card

>it was 3-1

Kipnis desu

No pls you'll kill us....again
Even if we took Smiff out of your lineup, Robbie and Cruz are unfair.
Plus Felix could go god mode in his first Post appearance.

Keeping fingers crossed on >our rotation. The offense can handle itself, defense should still hold up, but I just want starters that keep the ball in the yard.
Most anxious about Bundy.

adam jones would hit a walk off
FUCKING ASSHOLE BEDARD!

No the one game knockouts are the biggest bullshit thing the whole tournament has
They should at least go to double elimination in that last round

The thing about 28 teams is you can have developing markets in there and you can burn off some unimportant games in unfavorable time slots
Say if this was in Japan, the US would basically have to play at noon every day. You would need something for every time slot though. I've got it all worked out

Pottery, especially if pic related

(Jones is my biggest worry this year, honestly)

no, pottery would e if bedard unretired and pitched a shutout for the Ms
Jones walking off would just be cruel

Yes, it was.

Adam Jones war in Baltimore-27.7
Chris Tillman war in Baltimore- 13.6

Erik Bedard war in Seattle- 4.2
The Orioles got three other players as well

this will never not be funny

Did the Cavs steal the Injuns meme magic?

nah man it wouldn't be fun if it was just USAwinslol

though I guess even with a series a few countries would have a shot, but small ones. but shitters like netherlands, korea, PR would never win a series against USA, DR, Japan. But in the current format they can definitely win.

also if you're going to burn the unimportant games why even play them in the first place genius

I have a bad feeling that this Seth Smith trade will only go further down the road.

Miley was the only Seattle victory, at least for 2016.

how did ragners get swept in 3 by canada

The 09 Netherlands beat the Dominican Republic twice
3 games series is short enough for some some wackiness but it's not just random

You want those teams to play in the tournament to grow the game

we are due for a wbc win. there's no excuse for us this time
if we don't win then we're completely fucked in the olympics la

>Last thread was a no bully Rangers edition
>Entire thread was filled with rags bullying

>This thread is a keep bullying the rags edition
>Almost no rags bullying in the entire thread

reverse psychology mate

alright I guess 3 game series sounds alright, and 5 for the final
still fuck no on 28 teams, that's way too many, no one wants to watch pakistan spill spaghetti all over the field in supposedly the best baseball tournament in the world

2 groups of 8 then straight to the quarters is still best.

make qualifying more extensive, make it a 2nd division tournament with 16 shitter teams to crown the babby champions, and the top whatever make the next top division wbc

BASEBALL'S COMING HOME LADS

>2017 WBC Championship Game
>USA vs DR
>Bottom of the 7th inning
>Jose Bautista up
>Leyland brings in Sam Dyson

Wat do, /mlb/?

>up 7-1 in the 9th
>he brings in nurse

is DRob on Team USA?

No, the Indians are following in their footsteps. Cavs were destroyed by injuries, went up against the bad guys and lost. Came back the next year healthy and beat the same team. The 2016 Indians had the same season, made it to the WS missing most of their best players and lost to the bad guys. It's pretty much inevitable what comes next

yeah

>korea and japan not using their MLB guys
their premier 12 rosters were literally better, all the current mlb gooks were still in gookland then and played, and japan had otani and maeda

I want to see ichiro reeee
the gooks were going to use their mlb guys but they're all dead or suspended

Rags

First team to get dubs ITT takes the 2017 Eries

Go for it

>trips
You've outdone me friend

Sign Wieners pls

Very nice

China vs Taiwan?

2017 Whos will be the 2016 Yanks

Q will be the key

*except the yanks

26 rings and a watch

Hey Mike, first time caller; never actually listened to your show, but anyway, I was just wondering--theres this website where these guys keep posting pictures of you and also quotes, and sometimes they even try to be you, anyway, would you like to come post on that same website? We'd love to have you.

Who are you taking to?

Off to work, boys. Surprise me with intelligent posts when I get back.

Go fuck yourself :^)

exactly 27 dicks

Listen, I don't cayuh about social meteor, oghkay? I don't even have duh twittah, oghkay? I don't cayuh if people akt like me onloine..... Just don't do anything dumb, oghkay?............ (20 seconds of silence) heahs da Mink Man

mike francesa, I'm fairly certain

As a yankee fan I have to say our best move this offseason was Ortiz retiring

Spring training when?

Actually I was wrong about the WBC adopting the WBSC rules
>Starting with the 13th inning, teams automatically start with runners on first and second base. These are the players in the two batting order positions previous to the leadoff batter for the inning.
>In the Qualifying Round of the 2017 tournament, extra inning rule will be employed from the 11th inning.

So instead of picking where in the order you want to start from, it just picks up from where you left off

Awww sheet

It'd be funny to see that happen. Would prefer he be in a nats uni by then though.

>The Berlin Wall was still up
>East Timor was not a country yet
>The Aral Sea was still a body of water
>The Space shuttle program was still state-of-the-art
>The Hubble Telescope was still under development
>Mars rovers were still only on paper
>Digital cameras weren't household items yet
>Nelson Mandela was in prison
>China was still the sick man of Asia
>Google was a decade away from being found
>the Middle East was at peace, hard to believe but true
>the majority of current major league players had not yet been born
>Tommy John meant an active player, not a surgery
>the Cubs title drought was at 70 year and pennant drought at 43 years, 28 years later they would break them both, the latter coming against the Dodgers

Alright lets do this

Who lurks dead /mlb/?

www.strawpoll.me/12295578

Nothin else to do while waiting for Q to be traded

As a Yankee fan, they aren't winning more than 85 games this year. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this open up a niche possibility of using a caught stealing strategically to end an inning to preserve an AB for a hitter, since if you trust your pitching/are the home team you could have same hitter lead off next inning with 2 men on?

>cavs and Indians
>the good guys

>58 year city championship drought

I hope you're not implying the Warriors or Cubs winning is the desirable outcome under any circumstances user

What do you think they meant by this?

>who's

god damn

Warriors, maybe not. But the Cavs were certainly not the Good Guys.

Also, The Cubs were absolutely the Good Guys.

>108 year championship drought

>not even 10 people here right now
Wow. What is everyone else doing at this hour?

not being neets

Working

You don't have to like the Cavs to hate millenials: the sports team.

Oh no no no, the Cubs were not the good guys. Just look at what the lifelongs have been like when we haven't even seen another game of baseball yet. A lot of them have been too busy watching the Cowboys and Warriors to post here yet

As a Yankee fan, they are going to go 162-0 this year.

Do you think the Patriots and the Yankees ever get together for dinner or something? Ya know, they both have National pride themes to their names.