How do I get into soccer?

How do I get into soccer?

>loved it as a kid
>passion died due to no one else liking it, also I was trash at it
>don't know how to go about picking a team to be invested in

Other urls found in this thread:

wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Atletico Madrid&c2=Barcelona&c3=Real madrid&c4=Real Sociedad&c5=Sevilla&c6=Villareal&c7=Eibar&c8=Ath. Bilbao&c9=Celta Vigo&c10=Real Betis&c11=Granada&c12=Osasuna&c13=Sporting&c14=Leganes&c15=Valencia&c16=Deportivo&c17=Malaga&c18=Alaves&c19=Las Palmas&c20=Espanyol&c21=Villarreal&t=La Liga - Let God decide your team&time=5
andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>picking a team

You should do a test and you'll see what kind of people will have your back on a pub fight

Play FIFA or PES and decide who the best team is

>put the big 4 leagues in a hat
>draw one

>write down all of the teams in that league's table and put them in a hat
>draw one

There, OP.

fucking loser, OP

Either like the sport or don't. who really fucking cares

to pick a team think of something that defines you and then pick a team with similar characteristics

for example, if you are a faggot mong you can pick halal

I did this and got Real Madrid sweet

Why do you need to have a team, American?
If you can't just enjoy the sport itself, it may be better to just let it be.

>How do I get into soccer?

You don't.

watch the worlds or the euros. most fun soccer if you ask me and the tournament atmosphere is great. I could never get into club football because
>no playoffs

You souldn't go into soccer. Meanwhile I suggest football, it's might have some similarity at first sight but it's a far better sport.

yeah handegg is a much better sport, especially if you watch it with a delay so you can skip all the ads

Champions league is the playoffs

just tune into some games. champions league and europa league during the week, and big leagues on the weekend. If the morning league games are on too early for you, then just start with champions league

Seriously just play FIFA and support the team you like playing

watch NT games, and european league games

support your local MLS team as well, but be wary that our level of play is trash. You'll probably get a lot more enjoyment watching the bungles/EPL/la liga, but you should till invest yourself in local players. And dont be a bitch if your local team is USL instead of MLS, Im supporting mine too

Copa America is also always fun to watch, along with the Euros/WC

Just do what everyone does in their childhood. Pick whichever team is winning right now for bragging rights, and then stand by them until you die. Even if they suck for the next hundred years.

Fuck, I got Leicester

This. Bandwagoned Real Madrid when I was a kid during Galactico days and have watched every game ever since. Hala Madrid till I die bitch

Just bee yourself haha

Or, if you're a contrarian, choose whichever team is always fighting for the title, but never quite gets it in recent years, because of said winning team. When they eventually win, it will be a greater experience than Bestteamwinslol.

Great examples are Dortmund, Monaco, Atlético Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal, , Leverkusen... (jk, Neverkusen will never win anything and neither will Arsenal ahahah :( )

Or until you misgender someone and go to prison for life

Watch different leagues and teams, get a feel for what you like and who draws you in, in terms of style of play, the atmosphere, the story etc.

Watch some MLS seeing as you're American, and check out some of the European leagues (English Premier and Championship, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga are what I'd recommend). Also, Champions League.

>Watch some MLS

I guess he wants to enjoy it, not suffer it.

I was the same as you bro, came to Japan and started going to games of my local team, now I have a bunch of friends and go to every game, it's hype as fuck

You should watch south american football, if you don't want to watch a league then Copa Libertadores is going on right now. If you want to watch a league I recommend Argentina's as it balances good football and murderball.

Nobody has more passion for the game than south american players and fans, in europe only italians come close. Definetely don't watch La Liga or Premier league unless you want soulless matches between Oil FC and Oil FC or Dictatorship FC vs Normalfag bandwagon FC.

Go to you local MLS matches if you want too and grow some love for your team, it'll come eventually if you just bandwagon with other fans around you seriously it's contagious, drink a bit before the match too(unless it's not allowed there).

It's fine to watch champions league after the group stage because that's when it gets half decent, tottenham vs arsenal/manchester vs liverpool in the premier league or the clasico in spain because of decent football most of the time but the thing is that majority of people don't get hooked into the sport because of good football, they get hooked because it's fun and trust me your average Barcelona game is just them passing them ball between themselves in the middle of the pitch 80% of the time and not attacking for some reason, it's good football(tactically) but it's a very boring football.
Dunno what to compare it to in your sports but imagine a machine playing a sport. It gets boring to watch them every game unless you're a real fan and especially for beginners.

>tfw I did the latter but with >schalke

Well that came out longer than I expected.

Honestly, going to MLS matches and enjoying with other people is the best option there.

>schalke
how does it feel to support the biggest meme team in the league?

it's extremely painful

Pick Liverpool. They'll suit a cunt like you.

You're a big fan.

>don't know how to go about picking a team to be invested in

well since you are american you can either support a local team in your rather shitty league or you go for the premier league. you could go for other leagues but if you dont speak the language you will always have to find a english stream which could be hard. Incase you are a mexican I guess you might as well go with the spanish league.

So we have basically established that the Premier League is where you want to look. Now you have different approaches.

>put all teams in a hat and draw one
>watch a bunch of games until you find a team that interests you because of their players or playstyle
>pick one of the teams that have a shot at winning the league

if you want to pick a team that will have a shot in years to come you dont have that many options left: Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU, ManCity, Liverpool and maybe Tottenham.

So just watch some big games where they play against each other and you will naturally want one to win more than the other and figure it out.

4u

i dont get why more americans don't do > muh ancestry thing and pick the closest team to where their grandparents came from

tag als der fc scheisse starb etc etc

the copa looks like a robot with a tiny head in the thumbnail

Just do what I did and go full American cunt. I never really cared for the sport until I started playing Fifa years ago. I grew to really like Man City because that's where my created player played for years. This was before I knew about their rep as a plastic bandwagon club.

Which makes it even more fitting because I'm an American who only recently got into the sport so I have to bandwagon no matter what.

>but be wary that our level of play is trash
I once looked into it and enjoyed the way this league plays. It is different, yes, but also enjoyable.

If you live in a city where some MLS team plays, go there. At least here in Europe soccer is also much more about the experience around the matches, spending a nice day with friends, drinking some beers, talking shit about the ref and/or own/other players.

It is bad that your friend seemed to have lost interest, but there is no other place where you can find people to go to the matches than a stadium itself.

Watch the next world cup in 2018 dilligently. Even the non-american games. Big teams do not always make for great games.

You will be hooked afterwards for sure.

>went to rng
>picked a number from 1 to 4
>got 3
>bundesliga is ranked 3rd
>pcked a number from 1-18
>got 14

im now a /lifelong/ wolfsburg fan

Why do you need that shit?

BENFICA FILHO DA PUTA!

start following it next year, all competitions this season are already decided

play FM until then to understand league structures

so what (english city) til you die are you?

the MLS style of play is very fun and high-energy, its not trash at all. i bet most americans who say this kind of thing would not be able to distinguish styles of play if they stripped the uniforms, stadiums, fans and just had some generic computer model types playing.

and levels of play too* before someone goes full autism

I liked soccer a lot from 12-18 or so but then I just couldn't deal with how soft it was. Its a great cardio game for kids but not really sure why any grown man would play it.

wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Atletico Madrid&c2=Barcelona&c3=Real madrid&c4=Real Sociedad&c5=Sevilla&c6=Villareal&c7=Eibar&c8=Ath. Bilbao&c9=Celta Vigo&c10=Real Betis&c11=Granada&c12=Osasuna&c13=Sporting&c14=Leganes&c15=Valencia&c16=Deportivo&c17=Malaga&c18=Alaves&c19=Las Palmas&c20=Espanyol&c21=Villarreal&t=La Liga - Let God decide your team&time=5

let fate decide your team

soccer is for faggots if you like that shit move to europe and join a mosque

we're all grown men who watch other men play childrens games for millions of dollars thats a really bad argument

I wouldn't call MLS level """"trash"""" we're an above average league in terms of quality and we have more parity than just about any soccer league in the world. Watching your local team live will always be more rewarding and enjoyable than watching a team you have no connection with in another country

Just support whichever teams have American players. No point becoming a /lifelong/ for a club you have no connection to

Totally not. That's not how this work.

> amurrica in charge of supporting a team meh

Uruguayan legendary wisdom is speaking. Well done user.

andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone.html

my list was BPL,La Liga,Ligue Un,Serie A

i got la liga and athletic bilbao

so... chelsea then?

>how do I get into soccer
>picking a team
why do americans always make retarded statements like these?

how the fucking fuck do you fucking get into fucking football you unbelievable moron? You pick up a fucking stream or a live match on tv and watch it you imbecile. Read up what are the teams that play the most spectacular game and watch them you retard.
Choose a fucking match thread on fucking Sup Forums and stram that fucking match you shitbrain.
And you don't fucking choose a fucking team you piece of shit. You are not choosing a fucking brand of soap or a restaurant to eat at you disgusting fatass. Go watch your shitty handegg if that's your attitude.
Otherwise if you want to act like a fucking normal human being and not an american then you'll wait and after a while some team will warm up to you and you'll love it more than others. Or become a fucking bandwagoner and jump on one of the strongest teams ship that will give you lots of satisfaction.I suggest arsenal or atletico madrid or roma.

you're being a bit rude there, giacomo

I'm being too nice actually. I fucking hate pieces of shit like the OP.I hope he gets a form of harmless skin cancer that just makes him very ugly and gross to look at, so that his appearance will match his soul.

>tfw could have become a Schalke fan when they won the UEFA Cup
>tfw Dortmund won the Champions Leage a few days later

So'ton

Play PES or FIFA

use football manager and auto pick until you find the one

Haha no need to be so butthurt Luigi. Unlike you, I didn't grow up with a team, so it feels forced and disingenuous to pick one now.

I'm telling you to NOT pick one do you have fucking goulash taco farts in your skull you dumbass?

I end up picking one based on your advice anyways. I'm really enjoying your anger btw

I got RB Leipzig :^)

Time to shitpost!

don't confuse hatred with anger, idiot. I hope you picked arsenal

Who shit in your tripa?

just watch a bunch of hooligan videos. i started off by watching rioting videos and then the world cup came to yeah.

What team BTFOs yours the most?

I don't have a team. I only come on Sup Forums to shitpost the loneliness away. :^)

I don't eat trippa. I have more refined tastes than that.

>How do I get into soccer?

Try to become a Falcons fan?

Liverpool and Arsenal are for plastics

"Cool" teams for an American

Everton
Newcastle
Tottenham

We'll my nonna makes the best trippa and if you don't like it fuck you

I used this and got Sunderland. Fuck that, my mates a Newcastle fan and I'm a lifelong /doncaster/rovers/ anyway.

grandma*
you're speaking english, use the perfectly fine english words that exist.
And no matter how good it is, you're still eating pig bowels.

Fucking hell mate my fucking sides are you an aussie on vacation holy shit u n d e r r a t e d

And you never ate a sausage? How is an Italian trying to talk me out of meat

In priority order
>your state team
>a national team
>the foreign team with the more quantity of players from your state
>the foreign team with the more quantity of players from your country