Rage

Hello Sup Forums. What's the deal with this guy? Rage made some great music, but how does their message translate to today's happenings?

Wikipedia says their message is leftist but I feel it is more moderate anti-authoritarian. Redpill me!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7sqFprD6qIs
youtube.com/watch?v=w211KOQ5BMI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_and_activism_of_Rage_Against_the_Machine
youtube.com/watch?v=H6IQxhkVIEw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aren't they basically a bunch of anarcho-communists?

useful idiots

They made questioning government more popular with the younger crowds... but I was hoping to see a better picture of today than I'm seeing now.

no
no fag
they were great but you can only make music that RAW for so long

they got out before 9/11 tier happenings
they play uber rare shows on permanent hiatus

They are capitalists.
>they sold albums ffs.

Listen to their songs they are obviously talking about tyrrants on either side of any spectrum.

youtu.be/7sqFprD6qIs

sometimes zach hates white people but everybody else in the band is white so i guess nobody cares

>more moderate anti-authoritarian
>Green
>Anti-Capitalism
>Social democracy

The many faces of communism

Also Zach is the son of a jewish man.

You forgot to include

"Anti-Capitialists" (that abuse capitalism for personal gain)

Rage is pre 9/11 and their music focuses on the racial inequalities and the wage gap of the 1990s. Their whole message is hypocritical because they themselves were rich and white. It's interesting how they made money by promoting the overthrow of their own class.
If rage started in this era, they would never reach the same level of fame. They would get lumped in with emo bands and would never be taken seriously. It's good they broke up so that newer music wouldn't distort the image of their past music. They will always remain part of the 90s nostalgia. However, due to the tons of hate that presidents and presidential candidates get today, they wouldn't be unique enough to be popular.

the bunch of kikes?

Only time apart from 9/11 that Wall Street got shut down.
Downside: They let Micheal Moore be involved.

youtube.com/watch?v=w211KOQ5BMI

>They are Capitalists. They sold albums for fucks sake.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_and_activism_of_Rage_Against_the_Machine

Meanwhile, critics pointed out what they regard as the hypocrisy of voicing commitment to leftist causes while being millionaires signed to Epic Records, a subsidiary of media conglomerate Sony Records. Infectious Grooves released a song called "Do What I Tell Ya!" which mocks lyrics from "Killing in the Name", accusing the band of being hypocrites. In response to such critiques, Morello offered the rebuttal:

“When you live in a capitalistic society, the currency of the dissemination of information goes through capitalistic channels. Would Noam Chomsky object to his works being sold at Barnes & Noble? No, because that's where people buy their books. We're not interested in preaching to just the converted. It's great to play abandoned squats run by anarchists, but it's also great to be able to reach people with a revolutionary message, people from Granada Hills to Stuttgart.”

“Yeah, to get as many people as possible to join the political debate, to get the dialogue going. I was wondering today, why would anyone climb to the roof of the American Embassy with a banner that says "Free Mumia Abu-Jamal", why do you do that? That's to get the international press' attention. The international network that Sony has available, is to me the perfect tool you know, it can get even more people to join a revolutionary awareness and fight. -- Zack de la Rocha

>Their whole message is hypocritical because they themselves were rich and white
Zack de la Rocha - 1/2 Mexican, 1/2 Jewish
Tom Morello - 1/2 Kenyan (black), 1/2 white
Tim Commerford - White
Brad Wilk - Russian Jewish

>has white in them
>Jewish isn't white
>Russians aren't white
Fuck you crackers.

remember when the left used to be anti-globalist?

those were the days

Rage had some killer beats but Zach (the lead singer) gets so stale after 4 songs. This is why political music acts always phase out. Nobody wants to listen to that shit for more than a year. They are "anti capitalism" yet they made millions from a bunch of suburban kids who had parents with money. Still jam to the music, but their stance is just lip service. Political revolution is just a gimmick in music, nothing more.

Go to their website and they have Che Guevara and Black Panther shit on it.

>Jewish isn't white

They are not. Jews are descended from Israel, in the Middle East. They are an ethno-religious group distinct from White European Gentiles. They have 33% genetic similarity to Arabs (both are Semitic peoples). Just because they are mixed with European ancestry doesn't mean they are the same as pure, indigenous Europeans. They are "white" when it is convenient for them and then "minority" when it being white is not convenient for them.

>Trump for President sign at 1:03!!!!

I still like Rage but this lyric from Porcupine Tree puts all of Rage's music in check:

>The music of rebellion
>Makes you wanna rage
>But it's made by millionaires
>Who are nearly twice your age

1:04
>Trump for President 2000

His dreams are finally coming

Now would be the perfect time to get Rage back together, listening to Renegades of Funk during a protest is beyond thrilling.

They should make a new album based on the crap that's been happening in the past 5 years.

this. i feel the same way whenever i listen to the clash.

Shut the fuck up albino. Jews and whites are the same shot just like the fucking anglos and krauts. You're all gonna get it when shit starts up.

I love that lyric. I always thought of System of a Down and Green Day when I heard it.

The people of the sun can eat shit

>1:04
HOLY SHIT

>We'll use capitalism to fight capitalism!

Damn those are some dank memes!

I remember when I was 14 and their shit was pretty popular and I used to think "man this fucking music is fedora as fuck" before fedora was even an EPIC may may.

Capitalist goons itt = rekt.

Fuck off, Ashkenazi turd, you're not white.

Intension + Right In Two >>>>>>>>>>>> RatM entire library.

Slayer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all of that shit

Well, YEAH. No shit. Jeez, just hit us with a cobalt bomb already and be done with it.

I'm not going to sit here and argue over the definition of White. As far as I'm concerned, White = of fully European ancestry and not Jewish. I have no use for your trolling.
Rage and other lefty bands piss me off, but their response makes sense. They want to get their message out there, so they have to use what they've got. They've got to work within the system. Isn't that one of the Rules For Radicals? It's not like they bought mansions, cars, and bling with their money, like rappers do. They most likely put the money back into their activist campaigns or funding their tours/recording albums. If they were living extravagant lifestyles, then I would consider them hypocrites and limousine liberals. However, I do think the whole "revolution" thing is ineffective because it's not realistic.

Kind of like how the alt-Right/white nationalists need to work within the system of supporting a Republican president who, while not straight up white nationalist, is closer to their positions than Cuckservatives. ex: being against illegal immigration esp. from Latin America and The Middle East.

I was an edgy teenager when they hit the scene, and heavy music with rap lyrics was still a novel idea at the time so I liked them alot. They were an inadvertent reverse-redpill for me because Zach de la Rocha was the sole reason that Che t-shirts became popular fashion. It was because of him that I looked up who Che was, and learned first hand that the average person trying to fit in will gladly support a ruthless leftist warmonger if its fashionable enough and not even realize it, and that all it takes for it to be fashionable is for the right person to wear it first.

There was another band that got butt hurt after RATM got famous because they said they stole their sound and were suburban poser nerds acting hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=H6IQxhkVIEw

Bring it mudskin