SHARK

Next big budget shark movie fucking WHEN?
It's been almost twenty fucking years since Deep Blue Sea.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/meg-shark-movie-jason-statham-ruby-rose-1201830034/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck that shark.

>let's kill off everyone except the Punisher and LL Cool J

Deepest, bluest
My hat is like a sharks fin

You don't need a big budget to make a shark movie as bad as that. They've been turning out similar drek for ages and have became exceedingly efficient at it. See: sharknado

The Shallows just came out anf it was pure shark kino

It's the most justified thing in history ever, test audiences were actually pissed by the original idea that the female scientist survived.

The only way a film like this gets funding in 2016 is if the shark is a damn queer...

I got you senpai.

The Shallows got released a month ago you dumbass

jaws is enough

the surf montage at the beginning was cringeworthy though. what was up with that?

I have just finished watching The Shallows
It's decent, would probably have liked it more if not for the fact I despise movies that take place on literally a single, small space, especially when it's just a fucking rock on a beach
The shark was all CGI but looked pretty good for most of it and for once it wasn't stock animation or the most atrocious effects possible like all the scy fy sharkshit
Also Deep Blue Sea has got to be the only shark movie where the sharks actually have a reason to hunt, pursue and kill the humans
>shallows
>skinny miss skelton is actively hunted by mr. shark when he already has a fucking fat whale carcass to feed on
>sharky has no problem jumping and snatching a guy from his surboard yet won't just get her from the rock
>sharky is apparently smart enough to break the weather buoy
>sharky feeds on drunk mexican, 2 other mexicans and yet is still out for more blood
>meanwhile muh mommy died from cancer and I can't become a doc anymore subplot
Steven Seagull and the shark itself were the saving graces

Apparently "Meg", the film based on the Steve Alten novel, is out of development hell and has cast Jason Statham.

Possible kino incoming

variety.com/2016/film/news/meg-shark-movie-jason-statham-ruby-rose-1201830034/

The plot involves a scientist guy who finds Megalodon (extinct super shark cousins of the Great White) still exist at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. One Megalodon eats another and covers itself with the others' blood and uses the heat to swim towards the surface. Then it starts attacking people and shit.

There were a few sequel books, too. Hopefully the article's true, I've wanted this movie since I was a kid. A goofy fun shark movie would be cool.

Yeah well nobody is claiming it was a masterpiece. Just a nice popcorn flick that is about a killer shark. Not like Deep Blue Sea was any better

Do you really want to get in deep and gamble with SHARKS?!?!?

>it's a skinny girl skillfully dodges shark at the last moment episode

sharks have already been raped by hollywood

it's just funny how they are giant monster sharks in once scene but fit through small hatches in the next

There were like 3 different sharks, the female one was way bigger than the rest. The other two weren't that big and are offed by the cook and the scientist in rather small rooms.

I would poke that eye.

>shark already has a whale carcass
Surfer Girl was trespassing on its territory. If an animal finds an intruder on its feeding ground then it flips the fuck out.

Yeah that's lions not sharks. Shark would be too busy eating the fuck out of the dead whale to give a shit about surfer chick. Now if there was a feeding frenzy with a bunch of sharks then it would be different.

Man, sometimes that feeling of "do not ever fucking watch this" you get during a trailer is spot on

predators of all shapes and sizes are at their most alert while eating because they are at the highest risk of being attacked by scavengers or other predators

Fuckin' "that's lions not sharks" like a trait can only be exclusive to one incredibly broad catergory of animal
moron

this looks fucking dope
movie??

I found that to be rather awesome

>Fuckin' "that's lions not sharks" like a trait can only be exclusive to one incredibly broad catergory of animal
It is most certainly NOT present in sharks, just like bumping against surfaces to make the prey fall off or breaking a fucking buoy to once again get her to fall, that's Orca behaviour which are also a fuckton more intelligent than sharks

>it's a FUCK YOU and let's ignite the fluids from a whale carcass episode
There really just had to be an AMERICA moment

Jaws 3

funny you should make this thread. just this past saturday i turned on tv and switched to syfy, and it was all-day shark movies. 3 headed shark, sharktopus, among many others. i wish they would show them uncut with the t&a though

because sony execs want to appeal to the "edm crowd"
I just saw shallows too, thought it was pretty boreing desu, would have been better with a better looking shark and maybe more suspense.

Also just saw Jaws 3 again, what a schlock fest, still love it thought because of how bad it is. Now that all the jaws movies are on netflix hopefully more people can check them out

Jaws
Jaws 3
Jaws 2
Jaws 4

i read the sequel book meg 2 I found at powells in portland.

Its about the megaladon being brought into an aquarium, etc etc shark shit.

Good book desu, if your like me and loved the concept of jaws 3 then read the book, you cant be let down since its your imagination

Deep Blue Sea was terrible though.

Your terrible tho

Only time the shark felt real to me throughout the film.

Girl should have died in Shallows IMO. I think it would have been better with an unhappy ending.
It was an okay movie, I don't regret the money I spent seeing it in theaters.

I actually love Jaws 3 for that idea
But I hate how the actual park rampage lasts about 5 minutes and the shark only injures the girl from BTTF

She should have the leg amputaded at least
It's too fucking happy, she survives unscathed, the injured bird flies away happily, she finisheds med school
Would be way better if she was shown walking away with a prostethic leg and still surfing during that "One Year Later" sequence
I am glad she survived though only because it's fucking boring to have a character fight throughout the entire movie only to die at the end

Statham fighting giant sharks would be pure oceankino. I hope it happens.

Yeah like night of the living dead although i kind of like it in that movie

10 year old me saw that in the theater - in 3D!! Nowadays, kids don't get to see such things. Sad, really.

>It's been almost twenty fucking years since Deep Blue Sea.

I'm glad I chose not to waste time torrenting and watching that shit.

... well, fuck. This made me wanna watch this damn movie. Now I gotta find a torrent.

t.woman

I've seen sharks do this move though, where they just explode at something from below so that they catch air. It's not really jumping per se