Say what you want about TFA, but the opening sequence is pure kino

Say what you want about TFA, but the opening sequence is pure kino.

Thoughts?

You talk first?I talk first?

Only kino in it is Rey scavenging.

This was the moment I knew for certain that TFA was going to be trash

What exactly about it was 'kino'? It was just one of many shooty action scenes in this movie, with needless quips during serious moments

>Gets entire village murdered
>Man who helped him gets his head chopped off
>le quip
TFA a shit

Kylo Ren is the best thing about that movie.

>stormtroopers look like they're wearing cheap children's halloween costumes
>environment looks like its a 20x20 set in a warehouse

it was shit and you know it

THOUGHTS!? MY THOUGHTS! I THOUGHT IT WAS A PILE OF FUCKING GOOSE SHIT IVE NEVER BEEN MORE OFFENDED BY A MOVIE BEFORE GODAMN I HAD HALF A CHUBBY WALKING IN TO THE MOVIE AND A 0/10 FLACCID DICK WALKING OUT FUCK THIS MOVIE AND FUCK YOU PRICK!
/THREAD

Excuse me but the only kino in it was the fight in the snow.

All the scenes on Tattoine II looked so cheap

The movie is great until they get on the Millennium Falcon.

Its not pure kino at all you fucking pleb

No those were a pile of shit

Pretty much, most of his design and helmet voice is on point.
Was it just me or did Driver switch between his regular voice and something approximating his helmet's voice randomly during scenes though?

>implying you didn't get a hard on when the x-wing squadron showed up

Star Wars is dead, OP. Just accept it and move on. At least we have 6 great films to remember it by.

The best part in the film is solo saying YES I DO, EVERY TIME

QUICK, DESCRIBE THE OPENING SHOT OF THIS MOVIE. YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS TRYING TO RECALL IT!

You can't. At least I can't.

star destroyer silhouette

Ah yeah, now I remember. Darkening a planet's surface, right?

X Wings are a very mainstream symbol, of course they'd be there. I want more A-Wings and Y-wings (even if they're old I can see them being retrofitted into transports or utility ships). And the B Wing seems to have been turned into a drop ship

It was a nice shot, but nothing special. Funny how it's really nearly exactly like the whole movie.

i didnt notice anything. the only thing i didnt like was his face reveal was too early on but meh. its whatevs.

"A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away..."

>image name
>Top 5 Rebel fighters in the OT
>Y-Wing
Okay, first of all, fuck you, the Y-Wing is a bomber, not a fighter
Second of all, how the fuck do you even make a Top 5 out of them? There's what?
A-Wing, B-Wing, X-Wing and Y-Wing. Then there's the Snow-speeder and there may or may not have been a Z-95 in the actual movies.
This baits me more than the dude saying Kylo Ren is a good thing.

Haha. Upvote!

>Darkening a planet's surface, right?
Opposite as I recall.
It blots out the stars (maybe blocks view from a Moon?) and then we get the snappy camera twist as the shuttles whiz by the screen.

I remember a triangle of darkness slowly moving before the round outline of a planet, which I found looked neat. Do I remember this wrong?

My autism killed this movie for me within the first minute. Before quips, before a storm trooper getting a bloody glove from a laser.

Bb8 sees the dropships and rushes to warn Poe. In between bb8 and the tent is a group of "chickens". And at the very moment that bb8 would disperse the "chickens", the camera cuts. It warned me early on that I would only be seeing lifeless cgi throughout the movie.

Also, the strobe light stormtrooper shot in the dropship is wanky and doesn't make that much sense.

made my butthole pucker.

It looks like its a shadow being cast on a moon, but it's actually blocking the light from the moon and we have bb8's pov

>ywn lick the sweat off her face

Ah yeah, that's possible; it's a black shape that makes it look like a shadow at first glance.

She'd force slap you.

Catching that blaster bolt was pretty cool. It was a simple and visually interesting way of demonstrating Kylo Ren's power. And then fucking it all to death later in the movie by having him get beat up by a scavenger with no training.

That moment when he freezes the blaster shot in midair was pretty cool

>beat up by a scavenger with no training.
Well he was afraid he's never be as strong as Vader. He was right...cuz he got his ass kicked by the untrained girl reincarnation of anakin.

My normie friend who hates Star Wars complained about it

If kylo responded with a quip, then I woulda walked out immediately. Luckily they didn't go full on marvel

The only kino part was the logos at the end of the credits

He thing that really got me was how the fuck do you bleed from a laser????

photon shrapnel

>At least we have 6 great films to remember it by.

Finn vs Kylo is the best fight in any Star Wars movie.

Vader vs. Luke in Empire Strikes Back was better.

Please Darth Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi Wan is easily the best lighsaber on choreography and environments alone. ESPECIALLY the last part after Obi Wan sees Qui-Gon die