Suicide Squad was a good movie, and a hit

Suicide Squad was a good movie, and a hit.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm
avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763
avclub.com/article/margot-robbie-deserves-better-suicide-squads-sexis-240618
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My fav movie this year.

I agree OP but I am not a DCuck so I dont care about it enough to defend it in the shitty capeshit threads

It was a mediocre movie because it was brought down by shitty editing.
But at least it was still better than BvS, although that's not saying much.

Didn't it make less than The Amazing Spiderman 2?

Suicide Squad is the worst movie I've seen this year(for 2016 releases)

Suicide Squad was a flop!
No amount of bullshit statistics and moving the goalposts will change that! DC is finished and makes stupid movies and audiences agree and Zack Snyder should be fired for his poor handling of the franchise and this was Ayer's most calamitous mistake and everyone knows this it's just a few idiots on the internet trying to imply otherwise!

N...noooo...stop it!

No, it made more than both Amazing Spidermans, both Thors, every X-Men movie, Man of Steel,both Captain Americas, and Ant-man.

It's also $17 million away from beating Iron Man 1 and two.

>5th most profitable
>between june 21st and september 9th
>in raw $, not proportionally to the budget
>budget doesn't take marketting into account
>revenues are just a fraction of what is announced (which includes taxes, theater fees...)

... and "it's a piece of shit"

I'm so fucking happy, considering how many glasses-wearing numales were screaming for people NOT to see it.

>Thor
>Cap
That's just sad.

I thought it was a bad movie, but I'm not surprised that it made a lot of money.

Did DC kill critic's families or something? Why do they want them to fail so badly?

This
meme marketing is the best type

just look at deadpool as the best example. it even memefied its r rating for more meme pushing

Ah, the magic marketing fees, where you attach random numbers to a budget until you can call it a flop.

Also only Suicide Squad had to pay for marketing, not any other movie.

DCfag here. It's a bad movie that appeals to cosplayers. That's why it is successful.

WB arent going to continue making films if they don't make money, kid.

They're obviously banking on these. The issue is they're involved in the age old Marvel vs DC wars, which is a pissing contest, and aren't making AS MUCH as marvel.

Please post more AV Club tears. I need the one where they talk about how people didn't listen when they complained about Harley's ass

Man of Steel confused critics so they slammed it
Batman v Superman made comic-book fans feel insecure about liking their comedy films with explosions, so people insulted it
Suicide Squad was an extension of the DC universe

Since the previous 2 films already had less-than-stellar ratings, critics used it as their shitting ground to pretend they were getting sick of comic-book movies. (I assume this is why the latest x-men was shit on as well, didn't see it though cause it looked shit, though no worse than the average capeshit)

>Fine, fanboys, you win—for now. Suicide Squad opened to a record-breaking $131.5 million at the domestic box office, besting the previous record-holder for biggest August opening weekend of all time, Guardians Of The Galaxy, by more than $40 million. What’s more, the film received an average B+ CinemaScore from viewers overall and an A- from female viewers, confusing the hell out of publications (like The A.V. Club) that spent the last week furiously pounding out essays about how gross it is that Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn spends most of the movie in spangled short-shorts and a jacket that says “Property of the Joker” on the back.
avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763

>Can we please stop fetishizing Margot Robbie? Because this summer has been fucking excruciating.
>Alas, the movie can’t take its mind off her ass long enough for her performance to acquire any range.
>Robbie’s never been able to quite escape the fact that after she enters her first major film, a man whips out his dick and starts masturbating. Now Harley, according to BuzzFeed’s Alison Willmore, is “damaged dolly jerk-off material.”
>Harley Quinn should have been different, and yet Suicide Squad just reinforced the fact that men want to possess Robbie rather than celebrate her. The camera crassly lingers over the way her butt hangs out of her booty shorts
avclub.com/article/margot-robbie-deserves-better-suicide-squads-sexis-240618

Jesus vidya journalism branched over to films so gradually I didn't even notice

>Man of Steel confused critics so they slammed it
No, it was a bad movie.

yessss

Thank you

Just yesterday there was an article about how SS flopped. Was it Inquistor or AV club that wrote it because i'm sure they feel like dumbasses now just like that dude from the Houston Press who said GB was a success

this

number 1 worst movie of the year: suicide squad
number 1 worst movie of the year: neighbors 2
the rest in no order
the fifth wave
warcraft
cell (the one based on kings book)
urge
zoolander 2
blue mountain state the rise of thadland
the brothers grimsby
captain 3
batman v superman dawn of justice
pride prejudice and zombies
x men apocalypse
suicide squad
midnight special. this ones more being disappointed as fuck though
agnus dei
hardcore henry
nerve

>tfw these articles gave us the term DChads...

Where's Civil War? I thought that was disappointment of the year

>The film did plummet 40 percent from Friday night—when all the biggest superhero fans presumably saw it, took selfies in front of the cardboard cutout in the lobby, and raved to the guy in the polo shirt holding the iPad how great it was afterwards—to Saturday, and then saw another 20 percent drop from Saturday to Sunday. So maybe critics’ vitriol will be proven right in the end.

Literally Dead Sea.

>captain 3

My bad

This mostly.

By and large, people in the movie industry only like movies. They're movie autists who live and breath movies. It's their passion.

Now you have superhero movies, which are almost entirely based on comic books, eating up the entire movie industry. It's about the same as video games being eaten up by sports games- there's a huge fanbase, but the people on the inside of the current industry resent those fans.

And it's not even critics. Look at Gibson and how he hates superhero movies, or how Ebert hated video games. Or did you ever notice how whenever there's a new entry in an old franchise, they ignore everything from the rest of the franchise and just remake the first one? Like how TMNT didn't have Bebop and Rocksteady, or how Ghostbusters ignored people like Samhain or Kylie and just threw in Zuul and Stay-Puft. Movie guys think that only movies are important. That's also why they get buttblasted over comic fans disliking things that aren't like the comics, and the notion of "canon" makes them break into tears of anguish.

It's not out of malice. It's just out of autism and ignorance.

>eating up the entire movie industry
>BvS
>Deadpool
>Civil War
>Apocalypse
There's like 4-5 movies a year spread out over a couple seasons.

That Inquistor article was from the week it released, and even then they were trying to argue against its record breaking opening. An MCUck was trying to pass it off as true.

Yeah but they're the most consistently successful.

I mean I don't agree that there are too many of them, but movie artists and critics certainly do.

you only hated it because it didn't conform to your preconceived ideas as to who superman was

S P A C E D I L D O S

>Iron Man - $318 Million
>Iron Man 2 = $312 Million
>Suicide Squad = $301 Million

If Suicide Squad makes $17 million more dollars domestically in the next 20 weeks it will beat the first two Iron Man movies. If it makes $29 million it will beat Batman v Superman, and after $32 million it will beat Guardians.

Just how far will it go?

Japan alone is going to give easily 10m more...and lots of Katana/Harley/Enchantress doujins...

That's just domestic totals.

But yeah, SS still has some markets to open in. They still want China, too.

That's what happens when you have such a terrible summer.

>Katana/Harley/Enchantress Doujins
This better happen or my disappointment will be on YOUR hands.

It also cost a hell of a lot more than the first two Iron Mans to be fair.

>that Paramount

Suicide Squad was only successful because it tapped that Michael Bay/White Trash/Hoodrat/Hot Topic demographic that made the Transformers and Fast & Furious movies successful. Doesn't mean it's a good flick, just one that a lot of fucking retards went to see!!!FACT!!!

It costed 35 millions more than the first one but 25 less than the second one.

>Iron Man - $140 million, box office $318 million
>Iron Man 2 - $200 million, box office $312 million
>Captain America - $140 million, box office $176 million
>Winter Soldier - $170 million, box office $256 million
>Suicide Squad - $175 million, box office $301 million and rising

China won't happen. Katana is too Japanese and the whole soul-stealing sword is a big no-no, the commies don't like anything undead or afterlife in movies in the PRC.

This is from a deleted scene (confirmed in a separate article).

The Joker and Harley were mocking Batman's costume.

>Paramount

JUST

>$175 million
Not with reshoots, and lord knows that marketing was steep.

They're fucked without Transformers. Star Trek underperformed, TMNT bombed, and Ben Hur was a complete disaster.

>Watchmen
>Nolan trilogy
>any better than MCU or DCEU

Just cut all her scenes. It's not like they left much in anyway.

meme

LOL

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D

>Marketing
So you're saying that none of those other movies paid for marketing, right?

>Disney doesn't market their movies disproportionately
Nice meme.

since when does ghostbusters have that subtitle

>3 Disney movies

So do Disney movies just bomb completely unless they're massive successes?

Once it got released on Blu-Ray

Jungle Book, Civil War, and Finding Dory make up for it I guess.

>Wardogs

Too bad, because I thought it was entertaining.

WB has said it made money, but I dunno if it did.

Kubo was also really good but didn't do well.

Kubo was good, but it will not stand up on repeat viewings. The plot is both predictable and trite. Kubo's quest is worthless and makes no sense. It's pretty, and well-crafted, but ti has no lasting value

Don't forget Zootopia.

It might not have made Frozen money, but it still pulled in over $1 billion.

It was a good movie.

So you're saying was right?

This movie had a biger cultural impact than all other capeshit combined.

All the kids are nuts about Harley, cosplaying as her and the Joker, and they think the new joker is "so fucking hot"

how is x men Fox and not Disney? did they have it before Disney bought Marvel?

You're kidding right?

Tell me this.
How does Universal Studios have Marvel characters when it's owned by Disney?

marvel sold some of their most valuables ips to avoid bankruptcy like spider-man and fantastic four

>valuable ip
>fantastic four

X-Men have been owned by fox since day one. Its the whole reason no mutant is shown in a marvel movie. With the exception of quicksilver and scarlet witch who premiered in an avengers comic first making the character rights very blurry. You don't think marvel would have wolverine in fucking everything if that wasn't the xaze? I mean look at their comics. It could be about Ant-Man traveling to a parallel universe where humans don't exist and they would still find a way to shove wolverine in there.

It is though. F4 was one of the most well known marvel franchises before the MCU debuted. Not Marvel's fault fox can't figured out how to make a decent movie out of it

In the 90's, Marvel crashed the comic book industry and nearly went bankrupt. They sold off the licenses to their major properties, like Hulk, X-Men, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, etc. to movie studios.

This is why when the MCU started they only had their shitty C-Listers nobody cared about, like Iron Man, Cap, and Carol Danvers, plus the ones whose contracts lapsed like Hulk (contract issues with Hulk are the reason there can't be a solo film for him- Hulk, She-Hulk, Leader, etc are all technically licensed from Universal, and if they make a Hulk movie Universal gets part of the money. That's why Thor 3 is a Planet Hulk movie.)

Now that they're making money again they regret selling off their licenses and are bitter that Fox has the X-Men, so they're killing off the X-men in the comics and replacing them with Inhumans.

It's a god damn shame we'll never see Dr. Doom in the MCU

They said that about Spider-man.

Yeah but unfortunately fox had Deadpool and X-Men. They aren't worried about their superhero franchises like Sony is.

One can hope

>Suicide Squad was a good movie, and a hit.

The plot made no logical sense, character development was all over the place, writing was often poor and it had poor pacing, but it was entertaining none the less.

Fantastic Four is worthless to them though, could be a darn useful bargaining chip with Disney though.

>The plot made no logical sense, character development was all over the place, writing was often poor and it had poor pacing
aka all shit teenagers who were the target audience don't give a flying fuck about.

>no doomwank

that's a good thing though

>good movie
>so forgettable that the only thing that is discussed here is how much money it's winning
>not even normies talk about it anymore, at best there are girls that didn't see the movie but dress like quirky clown anyway.
What did OP meant by this?

If that's the best claim they can make, they must be fucked.

End yourself

What did Paramount release that caused that, holy shit!

Thank God for that. We don't need his cancerous fanbase.

Ben Hur. Star Trek 13. TMNT 2. The only movie they had going for them was 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Wasn't this summer one of the worst for the box office in recent history?

Yes. In recent years we've seen most of the money go to so few films.