Why didn't you become a fighter pilot?

why didn't you become a fighter pilot?

Cause Id rather be infantry. Why didn't you?

because only retards go to the military

Because Im a fucking idiot that picked a mos way below my asvab score

Because I'm colorblind, it was my dream job until I found out I wouldn't be able to qualify.

Well I did.

Because I'm taller than 4.5 ft

dubs. also colorblind

i could have, but i totally didn't because they needed me for a super secret project, in admin.

That seems kind of obsolete, given that most warfare of the future will probably be economic, intelligence, cyber, and drones.

because i flew shittier than those that got the t-38 track

Because current Canadian fighter jets are a deathtrap.

A combination of poor grades, bad eyesight, lack of motivation, and living in a country that has about 20 fighter pilots in the entire airforce.

Fake it

Because grades.

Also, my country has like 50 fighter pilots

No one asked.

I work on them. Might be a fighter pilot after i get my degree, and if i'm lucky.

Thank you lord for my perfect health, eyes, and mind. And Thank you for my luck and fortune.

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't have been bad to just get in one of those badboys and fly to some desolate peaceful area if any war ever started.

But I guess because I didn't think of this back then and because it'd take too much effort anyway.

trips don't lie.

picture timestamp

Because I'm six foot three, pilots must be under six ft one.

Although I have flown "co-pilot" in a few jets. aka just got to turn auto-pilot on.

Extreme fear of heights.

Because I was inverted.

Im 6'2

My weak country's (NZ) armed forces is so embarrassing I want nothing to do with it. If I was American I'd like to be a marine or something

It's my wife and kid. I'm holding on too tight, sir.

you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit outta hong kong, son.

Allah loves you

Cause I'm becoming an aerospace engineer instead

So wait, pilots are necessarily manlets? Oh, right, lighter pilot means less fuel consumption etc., duh.

So is Tom Cruise

My eyes are too bad.

Id love to but dont have the math skills needed

you could always just join the french foreign legion, their imperialist murderous army is all around the globe.

can't wait for Top Gun 2!

And significantly faster reflexes

Try again

"Gentlemen, you're in the top 1% of all naval aviators. The elite, the best of the best. We'll make you better."

it's more spatial constraints than weight. In a light aircraft like a piper cub for example, the pilot's weight is quite significant, but in a fighter jet you're such a small fraction of the total weight it's pretty much negligible

This

Looked into it, doesn't look fun

>why didn't you become a fighter pilot?
don't have 20/20 vision

im lazy and it sounded like hard work.

Was told it was out of my reach by my high school counselor which was a lie.

Turns out he only gave props to his son who is a complete fucking pedo-pervert and got him a full ride to UofW-Madison.

>There's your education system for you.

sitting height for canopy/HUD/etc.

shitty eyesight

omg i love Iron Eagle!!1!

if you were that easily dissuaded, you would have failed out of UPT.

Well look at fighter pilots per armed forces number, you're probably in an easier position than Americans

Grew up at Randolph where they teach rocket jockeys to fly...but not if you're 6'9".

HOT SHOTS!

Now I am looking at getting my pilot's license but I have flown numerous simulators due to my chosen profession.

Now I am just too damn old though to be a fighter jock.

so you just make tacos instead?

Your fault for listening to haters bro

Too short.
>5'4" manlet

Nope.
I'm pretty sure I would have done well.
Because another career took over.
And I do pretty damn well.

no points for second place.

kek

Google the Vietnam pilots who kicked ass

Haters...
This was one of the guys "supposedly" helping students.

I was from a very small town. Pickings for scholarships were very slim.

This fucker had 5 kids and everyone of them except one snuck through high school.

The smart one was a whale of a woman in high school.

All the rest were not worth shit.

Okay dubs.....

What do you fly?

Kinda Sorta, Canada has this extreme heirarchy when it comes to their fighter pilot program (So I'm told by members of the air force) Plenty of regular pilots but you have to "belong" to be a fighter pilot

Bad eyes

c-9s. i'm a lover not a fighter.

Because I smoke weed and military needs to stop shitting up this board

who says im not faggot?

eye sight. when i was a kid people shot chemicals into my eyes so im basically blind without glasses

(COUGH).....bullshit.....

Lack of depth perception, tbh.

Just wax and bleach your asshole

You must be us or an arab

Because I'm over 6ft tall, I have brown hair, gamer eyes and gamer gait, I'm lazy and I didn't even complete USAF OCS because I wanted to smoke a joint and the prospect of getting yelled at for 6 years without one after leaving my comfy room and prospect of sex at some point before death, it didn't seem worth it. I'll just do what I initially planned and go buy a cessna and mount a 30 cal on the side and fly around killing wild hogs.
>They don't shoot back either

then accidentally bomb friendlies and get court marshaled

kek at least its "what you wanted to do".

You ain't the only one to be fucked over bro, chin up and whatever, those pricks probably live shallow and pointless lives

Because they didn't have meal service or little bottles of wine.
I hear the French Air Force does though.

cos bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppppp

>court marshaled a pilot for unintentionally bombing friendlies
Yeah that doesn't happen, you just lose your wings and get to be a crew cheif after you prove you can vacuum water effectively.

because I'm a flight instructor

No. Got a doctorate and am a professor. Know you did well also.

Colourblind people can tell brown from white you pleb

GOOOOSE

i reached the 2nd of 3 stages in the tests. i failed because a combination of lack of self-confidence, inner eye pressure and ear-sensitivity. they said i should try again in 3 years, because those things can often change.
i never applied again though.
now i just finished becoming a dentist and i'm happy with that. also, we're planning a family, which would hardly be possible as a fighter pilot (actually i would have favoured being a helicopter pilot).
i still jokingly use the eye pressure thingy to justify consuming cannabis, which lowers it.
i'm planning on making a private pilot's license, but i'll be busy the next 2 years actually earning money.
also, fuck jet-pilot's testicular cancer.

Because I like to see things splode.

Heart defect. Literally 0 effect on my heart's efficiency or stuff like that, but I'm not even allowed to try to get in. Shit sucks.

Drop the 'the,' just Navy. It's cleaner.

I wanted to. Even became a pilot otherwise to increase my chances.
Sadly my country thrives off nepotism.

Most countries thrive off of nepotism. The Middle East And most African "Democracies" are the absolute worst but even in the first world, if daddy is connected, you are usually set for life.

Implying fighter pilots still exist after 5 years.

Because I'm colorblind.
I'm a F3 mechanic though.

Bad eyes, and don't trust the military to not just hand me a shitty carbine and tell me to die on a hill.

They still allow you in with an acceptable level of Protanopia don't they?
It doesn't come up that much and they didn't even notice when I joined, I don't have much trouble unless I have to differ a very particular type of brown with a particular flavor of red. basically red brown and dark red are about the same to me on a level that other's apparently don't have trouble with idek everything looks normal to me and it literally never comes up.

Because I'm too tall...