Let's talk about how SHIT this show has become and how overrated writers in the entertainment business are. Season 1-4...

Let's talk about how SHIT this show has become and how overrated writers in the entertainment business are. Season 1-4, brilliant. Season 5 and 6 bad. Season 7 looking like to be by far the worst. As soon as the writers no longer had any more to work with from the source material, they were forced to make up their own shit and my god is it dreadful. Goes to show how important books truly are.

Fuck George for not finishing books

agreed

this
also this

All the alpha males have died.

So you don't like the series and needed to tell the internet about it? Ok. But stop crying.

Unfortunately writing a good book takes a lot of time and effort...something hollywood knows nothing about.

I did like it. But will you not admit how horrible the writing has become?

Fuck you, the show is fantastic.

I like the dragons.

Can't admit that which isn't true

Then you sir have low standards and are easily impressed.

So how many scripts have you written?

While season 7 appears to be high on fan service, I must say, Season 7 (with a lot of glaring issues) is still better than Season 6.

I'd be willing to argue that Season 6 (and particularly Episode 1 of season 6) is the worst in TV history.

Having standards =/= having to write scripts

So I have to be a professional chef to know whether certain foods taste good?

There's nothing on TV right now with better writing. What are they getting wrong, in your opinion?

You don't need to be a proffesional chef to know if you like some food. But you need to be one if you want to criticise someone's cooking and to say if someone's cooking is good or bad. That's the difference between "i don't like that" and "that is bad (because i don't like it)"

I liked the show originally because whenever I thought a loose end would be tied up, it created several new loose ends. You can only do this for so long before you're forced to tie up most of them. Refusing to do so is how soap operas become so convoluted. The story is ending, just accept the inevitability and the show becomes more enjoyable.

So what about critics? Are they former script writers?

I'm sick of Bran and his weird three eyed raven shit

1. Season 4
2. Season 3 - Storm of swords is the best book so that helps in making these two the best
3. Season 1 - Great, faithful adaptation
4. Season 7 - Shitty writing but really fun to watch
5. Season 2 - Pretty boring season, but clash of kings is also the worst book. Ok writing for not the best source material
6. Season 6 - Below average season with 2 great ending episodes
7. Season 5 - What the fuck was this shit

i cringe when they over use the dragons because of the crappy cgi, i mean SKYRIM had better dragons than GOT

season 7 better start getting better im gnna be so pissed paying for 2 months of hbo

this

Peaced out after season 5. Just waiting for TWoW now.
>pic related

can you give example of the horrible writing?

How about in the last episode where the battle was lifeless and just a bunch of cocktease segways to main characters ALMOST dying?

the dialogue between arya and sansa. everything that comes out of littlefinger's mouth. basically all the dialogue.

Dead on.

is she holding a pineapple

its a dragon eggs

>implying anyone listens to critics or thinks they have a legitimate job

nice rebuttal, but it doesnt work here.

every season has had main characters almost die. your point is invalid.

you should watch the making of each episode. the creators said it was like that on purpose because each character has been beat down so their personality reflects an emptiness

Bronn is dead as fuck

Trips is in the House!

>Lets spend 6 years hyping how powerful dragons are and this amazing, beautiful and intelligent woman who happens to be Targaryen
>She finally goes home after said 6 years of hype
>D&B: "Lets have her get her ass beat at every turn by an inferior opponent"
>Intern: "Well maybe let her get one sure win as a bit of payoff from SIX FUCKING YEARS?"
>D&B: "You're fired"
>D&B: "Also her biggest dragon is weak as shit, because we can't deliver on this shit anyway"

>Okay so she got the biggest army, two smartest people alive as advisors, most well informed spymaster, flying and firebreathing beasts of war
>D&B: "Yeah well, she can't take a city"
>Everyone else: "What?"
>D&B: "We need to manufacture fake tension that everyone with half a brain can see through"
>Everyone else: "What?"

They're turning all movies and shows into feminist shit. Only on TV would women win over seasoned men in battle.

I also got that impression, what is this world coming to? what is their end game?

Isn't this what always happens? Shows run out of good ideas as time goes on?

This concept gets really fucking boring to talk about after a while.