Hello Sup Forumsros

Hello Sup Forumsros,

Any spacefreaks here who know how to build a rocket?
Idc if i die in space i just want to shoot myself up there one time (drugs didn't work)
Any bluepapers or ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Make-Sugar-Rockets
youtube.com/watch?v=bZPQgSxGKW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*blueprints

Have over a few million dollars?

Well no but easy acces to a scrapyard
Knowledge of IT and electronics
And im good at maths and physics

I feel like this might well be the beginning of an evil overlord

I'd like to kill myself by going to space too, or droping into a volcano

No, earth is already dying why should I make it go faster
I just want to see space first hand and maybe there will be books about me later

You need a lot of exotic materials and r&d to even get off the ground. No way you're doing this with a bag of fertilizer and an appreciation for engineering

Ordinarily I would agree, but he didn't specify that he wanted to reach space while still alive.

Here we have a realistic nihilist

You could have a secret lair under the scrapyard with a lot of hot girls

Yeah nigga you're fucking crazy if you think a scrapyard and you, a single person can make a rocket. You won't even be able to make a fully functional car engine in a scrapyard.

I'll get you there for $20,000 a pound. You got the cash we can go in 6 months.

I just need to catapult me like 300km upwards

Well shit i may rob a bank for that

(Dear fbi i was just kidding)

if you are serious about this with enough time you could get yourself high up into the atmosphere (20 km) if everything goes right

Yeah i thought about hooking my selfmade rocket onto a plane to get at least a bit of height and start from there to get even higher

there's no way you could build a working engine with a gimble so your best bet would be loads of fins at the bottom of your rocket to keep it flying vertically

Why don't you ask Elon Musk if you can sit within the payload fairing of his Falcon Heavy when he send it on his maiden voyage in November?

that would be stupidly difficult to do as planes fly horizontally and not vertically and getting that plane in the first place would be difficult enough

Do a gofundme and be honest about it
Say you want to potentially an hero by high fiving the ISS
People are dumb enough to pay for that shit

Also theres no way you could manage and maintain a liquid fuel combustion so your only and best bet is solid fuel , the only downside to solid fuel is that you cannot extinguish it once you ignite it and that you cant control the thrust on a solid rocket engine

How far do you want to go?

For the beginning 20+ km should be good to attract the attention of NASA
Maybe they sponsor me if i survive

to create solid fuel to you can use potassium nitrate , kitty litter , and powdered sugar. the kitty litter is there to slow down the burning as you dont want +20g on your homemade rocket

20km+ is not survivable
* because thin air
* because impact when you come down

I don't care if i die
I will die trying or i will survive and be famous as “the guy who was insane enough to fly to space alone“

Felix Baumgartner made it up to 39 km with a Helium balloon.
If you are trying to get the attention of NASA and your major hurdle is funding, this would probably be the best course of action.
I would invest in a large oxygen tank and a parachute or 2 in case shit hits the fan.

youd prefer to manage to get into "space" first rather than blow up on your launch pad

great, tell the retard how to blow up his entire neighborhood, good job user

yeah hes right OP , if you want to get near space and get nasa's attention a massive helium balloon and some air tight cabin is your best bet

Im expecting OP to be smart enough to not do it in his backyard

Where do you think you are?

Nobody wants to go to space.

Not yet.

It's disgusting up there. You hear about them and the messes they have to deal with, and then you hear stuff like in space when they brush their teeth they don't spit the shit out, they swallow it and you want to heave just thinking of it.

Then you think about all these people in a enclosed space and it's been up there for a while you KNOW it smells funky up there.

Space sounds really gross. I'll go up when they have enough gravity that you can brush your teeth normally drink water that hasn't come directly from your coworkers bladder.

> Access to a scrap yard

Op is a fucking brainlet

wikihow.com/Make-Sugar-Rockets
heres a better guide on how to make solid fuel incase you survive the helium balloon

Okay guys OP here
I am not that dumb to not do tests before
it will take a while to do this since i am alone and i am no rocket physician
I will start with small models and work my way 1:1

All you need is a

Coca cola
Mento

Also tell us your age and be honest because this sounds like something a 15 year old would want to do

We don't need you turning into more space debris so you can kill the next manned spaceflight mission upon reentry.

They have filters, user. Air filters. Besides, you may be drinking reclaimed water and not even know it.

Like i said i expect to die up there i just want to reach my life goal before i die and if this is the last thing i'll do
I. AM. GOING. TO. SPACE.

he wont get into orbit you fucking brainlet and thats the only way he could put debri up into space

oh yeah Op dont expect to stay in space too long you will come crashing back to earth rather quickly

Just in case you blow yourself up on the launch pad.
>www.celestis.com/

I am 20 years old
I work in an IT establishment
I am sick of life and a normal hero would be boring as hell

>the next manned spaceflight
>implying any manned spaceflight ever happened
Shiggy Diggy Doo

It isn't the idea that he will, it's the idea that he wants to.

The answer is no.

Dude.

That's Nasty.

This is beautiful omg...

>and a normal hero would be boring as hell
why do you care, it's not like you will ever know since you gonna be dead

well ok so you want to launch yourself into space and stay up there , right ? if so you have two options 1. go into orbit 2. escape earths gravity well

Would you rather shoot yourself or fly into space and die slowly because no oxygen and you know you've made it

try this but bigger

I would neither, because I love life.

yeah it wouldnt work, the acceleration would rip OP apart at launch if not the entire rocket

>giant bottle
>500 pounds of baking soda
>500 pounds of vinegar
go fucking nuts, OP.

just build in a springy seat so it absorbs the acceleration

again , the acceleration would kill op at launch and he would not get far due to drag low down at the bottom of the atmosphere , there's a reason why rockets go so slowly when they are low near the surface ,the atmosphere is dense

Y'all can screenshot this shit I will try this
It may take 7+ years because it is a lot of work to count the wind + thrust speed + gravity and other things but i won't give up on my dream

>just build in a springy seat so it absorbs the acceleration

still the drag would hit him like a brickwall

>Wants to die in space
>thinks he can single handedly make a rocket

Yes i know it sounds stupid but if I really succeed you all will be stunned by my idiotic idea

youtube.com/watch?v=bZPQgSxGKW4

Do you have a very large trebuchet?

Don't listen to these losers OP. People said the same thing to Robert Goddard and told him his dreams would never come true and his legacy proved them wrong. Everything ever starts somewhere. Working your way up is what takes dedication.

What if i build a seat where i can't move any muscle like a whole “suit“
I mean yeah i will feel the 3+ G but it shouldn't break any of my bones

I remember being 9 years old

Thank you at least someone who doesn't think I'm a fucking idiot

It is possible with enough tests and time
And i will prove it to all of you

Op. Have you considered a Cannon?

nigger did you post this on infinity?

I dont think your a fucking idiot and im the one providing half the tips on how to actually do it

fucking brainlet he wouldnt even get 1 km up and hed be dead from the acceleration

My dreams may be childish but my knowledge is getting bigger every day if NASA can do it with try and error i could do too

yeah nasa has the governments funding tho

Nope just here
This is actually the first time i am openly talking about this

how long have you been thinking about this ?

And i can only try my best with literally no funding at all
If it works its good if not I'll have to try more even if i really just succeed when i am 70 years old

I have been thinking about this since I am 17 years old
It was just a spark of an idea which grew into a raw plan and now i will try to make that dream a reality

bounce castles

Let me break it down in two basic variants.
Helium baloon - Gets you to 30km of alt.
- It is as far as it would go with this amount of weight .
-Can't be steered.
Rocket fuel - Gets you as far as LEOrbit
-Much shit can go wrong
-You could be a living firework
If anyone has an idea of flying on helium and then boosting out via solid fuel im sorry to burst your baloon but the trust generated by a rocket engine at a 30km altitude will not be enough to break you into orbit.

Building something like that would be pretty hard as is .
Helium baloons tend to lift somewhere in the lines of a gram per liter.
Rockets mass needs to be 90% fuel , so best case scenario you would need a 600kg rocket with you in it . That is if you go out of your basement and get to 60kg from your starting 150. So simple math here is
600000 liters of helium ,a baloon with 10X10X10 dimensions (accounting for gas expansion) 500kilos of solid good quality rocket fuel (best case scenario would be staged).
And this is all without accounting to the weight of the capsule(rocket).

Price of hydrogen+oxygen is about $4 per kg.
Price of liquid helium for 100kg(roughly 600k liters in gaseous state) - $5k
So $7000 just for fuel.
Account for cost of building and telemetry and see it would be far much easier to an hero on video and get someone to post it here when you off yourself.

Well thank you for the quick break down i was going to do that rn

As i said earlier OP , has no chance of building a liquid engine so solid fuel or a helium balloon is the only way to go for him

Continuing from that there is a fun and easy way to cheat. Find an astronaut scheduled to go to ISS , kill him before he gets in his suit. Put that shit on and get to the fucking rocket.. You will sure get NASA's attention that way.

If i have done a solid fuel engine I am going to post on Sup Forums again

The helium balloon is a good idea to get attention from NASA so i may get funded
You will hear of me in the news

sorry to burst your bubble but i highly doubt youd get funding from nasa for flying in a helium balloon , if anything that could get you in deep shit and locked up

I would tell the feds what i am trying to do many days before so i have the legal rights to fly off into space and if not i wont take parachutes with me

You can't build a rocket but you CAN build Mini nuclear reactor in your backyard

I don't want to blow up my whole city
I just want to see space

Don't say that you moron. He will try it and Sup Forums will get closed down for provoking nuking whatever shithole of an amurican town hes in.

You'd think the "feds" wouldn't have jurisdiction in the sky/space.
You might get ticketed by some ayy lmao officers though.

Actually i am german

Id like to help you out more and get frequent updates on your rocket so if you have a skype please add me - "Jim Josef"

Not nuking just high levels of radiation
no biggie

*bloopers

If you get to the Kármán line in a selfbuilt craft i will honestly suck your dick.

No skype but i have discord

Ok making one right now , username ?