So, /b, you guys seem well adjusted, maybe you can tell what's wrong with me lately?

So, /b, you guys seem well adjusted, maybe you can tell what's wrong with me lately?

Nothing gives me pleasure any more...I eat only for sustenance, food is unappetising to me.
All music, TV shows, movies give me no joy - if anything, the opposite - they annoy me. So I can't listen or watch any popular entertainment.
My friends have stopped calling because I'm such a bummer to be around, always pointing out the flaws in anything that's happening or anything we're doing, because the flaws are ALL I can see.
I've been with some beautiful girls, but never 'felt' anything for them.

My hobbies (guitar, painting, drawing) feel like pointless wastes of time, and don't give me any satisfaction.

My work makes me wish I had a fast forward button on my life so I could just skip to the end of the day and get it over with.

I'm not suicidal or anything, not even upset enough to be depressed...I'm just utterly dead inside.

What's wrong with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUkDY5yzYb8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're female
/Thread

>/threading your own comment

Fuck out of here newfag

Get to a psychiatrist, mental hospital, something, they may help, worth a shot at least. If not a troll or a copypasta i missed

Sounds like an incoming depression..

Go suck a dick you fucking whore

Not pasta

Can't talk to anyone IRL about this.
I've tried, and they either don't get it or just say "cheer up"

Am I incapable of happiness?
Is this what happens when you get old?

I went through something similar in early twenties. Give therapy a try, for me it turned out I was bottling things up and couldn't express, so I just went numb to cope.

Therapy is for Ameritards.
Scotfag here. I think I'm supposed to just become an alcoholic....but I don't drink

Take some drugs, weed especially reinvigorates old passions and adderall helps give you enthusiasm for going out and doing stuff. Just don't overdo either

I'm from the UK user, therapy is available.

Get a ketamine infusion. It's a $600 cheat code to happiness.

Or find a good womam. I was never truly happy until I found someone to love that also indulges every single depraved fantasy I can think of.

Epiphany?

Occasional weed smoker.
Just makes me want to stay indoors.

this is bad advice. just fucking go postal faggot.

quit being an edgy faggot trap and hang yourself

This.
You are depressed, OP.
Go outside, get some adrenaline, you'll be fine.

Or you'll kill yourself.

Therapy for general malaise?
On the NHS?

Only actual mentals go for therapy.

>comment

Good bait, friend.

Depends on OPs past, really. In my case you'd be correct though, still can't hurt to try seek help.

sorry, that's just life. it ain't too exciting. the feeling might ass in time, or not. i like drugs and alcohol personally... :3

youtube.com/watch?v=sUkDY5yzYb8

another uk user here. i know these symptoms all to well. the feeling is called apathy, it will smother your life into depression if not confronted. yu will be dragged into a dark cupboard with your demons and you will be stuck there for years.

find something that you really enjoy and stick at it. find someone you can trust that understands these thihgs and talk to them. do anything you can to get out of that dark cupboard in your mind and lock that door behind you.

get help op. because if you don't, it will consume you. i know this from personal experience. do something about it now.

Goodluck. and if there's anything i can do, let me know, even as an online randomer that knows shit that can listen to you vent, I can give out steam or twitter.

The thing is, you think "once I get a good woman/good job/nice house/nice car" etc that happiness should be attained.
I have all of those things that are general indicators of "success" and yet I feel nothing ....it's not even a sadness or unhappiness ...it's just a big *nothing*. Everything I do is just going through the motions

You may be a sociopath.

Anhedonia

question is what caused it...

Therapy made things worse for, take to the internet, look for other people on your level/vibe, you need to find your tribe, once thats done all the pains are still there, but you can still be happy because you have your tribe to talk to about it.

Basically, be yourself, be outgoing, fuck doing it IRL because everyones so deep in theor own fake persona and masks you cant make real connections quickly, shit takes too much effort.

Fucking faggot, just put a bullet in your head you communist nigger.

I don't want to Web MD, but fuck if that doesn't fit my symptoms exactly

>mention roman republican state era social class
>be called a communist
>oh summer how i missed you

>proletariat
>class concience
>party
>roman republic
stop being a nigger

& the even better news is - there is no cure!

I find that strangely reassuring

Inability to feel pleasure

literally the second line you wrote

bump for op

Sounds like you have a problem either producing enough utilising enough of the dopamine you create.

To put it in laymans, Dopamine is your reward chemical that makes you feel motivated and well . . . rewarded, when you do things.

Excessive masturbation, poor sleeping habits, lack of access to natural light, lack of regular and quality diet as well as excessive triggering of receptors (Commonly found with mobile game/free to play gamers as their design concept is around abusing this in about 80% of games of that nature.)

Exercise, a daily walk, keeping your sleep regular and good (No watching a screen while sleeping/being on your laptop till you pass out.), try a no fap challenge and hit your 3 macros (Protein, Carbs, Fat) for your daily intake, maybe a vitamin pill too but they're meh if not placebo effect mainly.

That or LSD.

Probably the death of my neice, and the love of my life walking out on me.
That was about 10 years ago - and it's just kind of dawned on me that before that time is the last time I can remember being happy

>being this furious and clueless at the same time
>People still dont understamd how Trump was elected
>Stop and read those again.

I'm surprised you didn't call me !arxist since you clearly like throwing around words you don't understand. Now, i'mma assume you're out in the southwest US somewhere, cause shit son they dont even make em this ass backward in the midwest.

Only the fiery heat and blazy deserts of arizona amd mew mexico combimed with that both raging amd crippling heroin and meth epidemic could create a human being so capable of being so simultaneously uninformed, livid, and convinced they're right. Seriously, tell me i'm wrong. You're mother is less thanntwo decades older than you, and yoir father closer to three.

Now, shhhhhhh the adults are talking.

Ah, I do work night shifts and rarely see the sun.
Could be a contributing factor.

This is actually pretty enlightening

Same thing happened to me. Now I'm fucking depressed. Lost all my interests, hobbies and friends because none of it gave me pleasure so all my motivation disappeared. I feel dead and empty.
You need something new, something that gives you some adrenaline and makes you feel alive for a while. Do everything you can to go outside and do new things before you become too depressed. Rooting for you OP

nothing is wrong with you
you are bored shitless with life
i felt the exact same for years. still kinda do. buts its fading
just wait. be optimistic and wait.
something will change and you will move on
also yes this is basically just getting old
sometimes life sucks. sometimes it doesnt

Go outside and soak up some vitamin D. My mom had the same thing happen. If not work go to see a therapist.

Mhmm, when you realize 99% of what you do is just hormones and brain chemicals it becomes exceptionally easy to manage mood. Everyone likes to act like we're mystical and just randomly "Get depressed." but the truth is most people have at least one such chemical lacking at any time. Dopamine, Oxytocin, Seratonin, Testosterone and Estrogen for men and women respectively (bit of both for both tbh.) all of these are the main keys to how we feel.

If 1 8 hour block of sleep is difficult try and get 2 4 hour sleeps, try keep it to a 4 hour cycle as that fits well with most peoples sleep cycles so you come out of sleep at the right time to stop you feeling groggy.

Get that walk in the day and make sure you're eating what you need to create your nerosoup.

You sure are mad, and wrong about every single thing you said.
And you also outed yourself as a lebbitor, what a surprise.

That sounds like my idea of heaven.

Mm-mm... Nigga you jus a lil aggro teenager stfu u have no clue whats even bein said an its obvi af

Topkek, other people are now arguing for me, you have a good night schnook'ums, hahahaha.

So, what I was really expecting from this thread was to get called a faggot.

What I actually got was a pretty accurate diagnosis and steps to self treatment.

For the merest second, I felt that tiniest glimmer of hope that at some point in the future, I may be happy again.

Well played /b

nm op,
this still stands. good luck

what is this samefaggotry

You wanna screenshot before this shit dies sweetie? Cause for real, thats two of maybe a dozen people in a page 5 thread that think you're the fish in this picture, just scared amd reacting defensively.

As a thank you.

boop/ And the puffer fish is all like ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Moaaar

Idk op tbh I've been the same way lately

What they said. Its called depression, and you dont have to be a sad panda. It just kind of drains the color out of the world. Lots of things can fix it, including meds.

Same shit happened to me for around 3 months then it turned into severe anxiety and depression. Gave therapy a shot, realized I was bottling things up and started expressing myself. Have more or less recovered in 2 months but I know people who weren't as lucky.

Protip: Realize you have a problem and seek help before it turns into something horrifying.

Statistically, you should be k. The vast majority of people who go through things like this end up enjoying life once again. This is a fact. Remembering it helped me through the darkest moments and it will help you too.

Sounds like you're a real edgy faggot good for you

This got me in here, no what are we discussing?

Did you take pcp?

Want to talk about it? I was a total addict looser with depression, bipolar and a touch of schizophrenia. I got out of it, and only have some symptoms left.

irc.rizon.net #4chantalk

I'm here.

My crippling Anhedonia

You're morbidly obese

Ecstasy, LSD, Mushrooms, Methampetamine, MDMA, Cocaine, Weed.
About 20 years ago though
Nothing serious

A little bit overweight, compared to a ham planet I'm skinny.
My frame also hides it well, people don't believe me when I tell them my actual weight - but I was buff about 5 years ago, still have a fair bit of muscle mass.