Anybody else miss 2006-2011 hipster culture? It was much more innocent compared to the xanax popping...

Anybody else miss 2006-2011 hipster culture? It was much more innocent compared to the xanax popping, memerap listening degen hipster culture we have now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzYHHl24iDo
youtube.com/watch?v=eUd_BAZJVOY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i miss cardigans

>implying they're the same subculture
memerap fans are just the new scene kids desu

>Volume 3 is a great album and Zoey has an amazing voice

Fight me.

Yeah, kids on xanax are so wild being all sleepy and shit.

honestly yeah, but i think it's just nostalgia and not really a "it was so much better back then" kinda thing

i mean compared to hearing "i just popped a xan" and every rapper having fuckin mop hair

i still wear cardigans, theyre comfy and warm, wear whatever you want bro

>raaaarrr rawrrr rrrraaarrrr errr rrreeerrraaarrreee

I mean, it was all "I just smoked a cigarette with my PBR" and every band members having a meme mustache and gauges in their ears

>hipster
>">culture"
take off your rose tinted glasses user

hot topic>urban outfitters

Real hipsterdom died before the end of the 2000s. Any after that was just normies parading around as hipsters because it was so epic and cool to do so.

I seriously need to get an image or idea of what you consider a hipster to be in around 2009 and what a hipster is now

A little bit. Not much, but a little bit.

All the twee stuff is annoying, but at least they were happy. Even rappers are fucking self conscious depressives nowadays. Everybody's just high key miserable now.

not sure if normie is applicable

if you think that anything other than the widespread acceptance of twee has changed, you're wrong

2009 hipster: dude in a cardigan with thick rimmed glasses whos into indie rock
2017 hipster: dude in a dadcap with shitty facial hair who's addicted to several drugs and listens to soundcloud rap

this is such a stupid dichotomy. if you think that everyone in 2009 wasn't doing drugs you were underage; drug culture has always existed side-by-side with music. and so has shitty facial hair, for that matter. this is really just another rock v. rap shitshow

good post

yeah all the guys i knew like that in 2009 also listened to french electro and did lots of cocaine so idk.

you know what? I do. things were more comfy back then.

were there peasants in said fiefdom?

youtube.com/watch?v=mzYHHl24iDo
i hella miss it

very gay thumbnail

GTA IV Radio Broker was comfy with Juliet Lewis playing a Hipster

youtube.com/watch?v=eUd_BAZJVOY

You now remember HRO

based carles

I miss it some. More so the cozy tweeness and sticky sweetness of it all

SJWs are the new scene kids

ur in to deep

>colored hair
>bisexuality
>daddy issues

>caring about sjws

I miss Hipster Runoff tee bee haitch. Carles was cozy

I miss it to. Blogging is kinda dead as a movement which is sad becuase I miss they way those articles were written

>Blogging is kinda dead as a movement

That mostly happened because of the Megaupload/Mediafire purge, the good thing to come out of that was the Soulseek renaissance

The wild west of the internet is over everything is monetized

Yeah i miss when they embraced their whiteness instead of trying to act black ironically to show they're cultured and woke

I think it's more because of sites like tumblr which are basically blogs but "hip" blogs.

that is still alive tho...

>the golden age of indie

i actually prefer the memerap "culture", it's somehow less annoying than ukelele twee strumming faux-vintage wearing faglords

Fuck the first article I read there was about how fast step the people would dethrone death cab as the most prominent indie act. How he didn't off himself after that is a mystery to me

*foster the people, oops

Also OP, I agree, it's getting harder and harder to find new acts that o really enjoy to the same degree. It's probably just golden age thinking, but I can't help but feel that most music is heading in a direction I don't really like

wow im a scene girl and all of these things describe me

>memerap fans are just the new scene kids
damn i think you onto something with this 1

scene was way cooler tho