How does Sup Forums feel about the doors?

How does Sup Forums feel about the doors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7g56vyr9q8
youtube.com/watch?v=7BYNDpFIBPw
youtube.com/watch?v=MXpKcAF-sBI
youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They got closed

Another 27 clubber. But a good one

Morrison's famous for having a darker voice not many people know that the dude could fucking wail

youtube.com/watch?v=t7g56vyr9q8

Holy shit

well i got fucking memed. i passed them off as dad rock for my entire life until now.

youtube.com/watch?v=7BYNDpFIBPw
this song is beautiful

Wait until you finish that whole album

He's got a great scream

Shit band. I'm glad the faggot is dead

Edgy opinion

FULL CIRCLE BY THE DOORS IS THE BEST ALBUM

my man ovaries just exploded. I knew he had a great scream after listening to The End, but goddamn.

You didn't get memed. That's their only good album.

But Strange Days is great

>youtube.com/watch?v=t7g56vyr9q8

let's fucking go

That's debatable

that is where you fail and now you must die. sorry.

FATHER "YES SON" I WANT TO KILL YOU! MOTHER? I WANT TO AHHHHHHHH

Peace frog is a good song

They were the most original sounding popular rock band from that era. I hated them when I first started listening. After hearing them back to back to all the other bands at that time, they stood out and I grew to really like them.

That is one of the catchiest rock songs ever imo

My personal favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=MXpKcAF-sBI

Tbh they where much better live than in their albums. Even though those where still good

I never knew how fucking great he was. Jaysus, man.

They had a very distinctive sound. The psychedelic keyboard flourishes and Jim Morrison's dark lyrics just sound badass together.

Hes like a sharper sounding Morrissey

The band had amazing chemistry, musically. You need all of them to make The Doors The Doors.

This

Robbie Krieger and John Densmore are very underrated. The whole band sounds tight.

>not choosing American Prayer

Wrong

*Listened to The Doors once*

Morrissey's a duller sounding Morrison.

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0

This. I saw Robby Krieger play a show at a titty bar back in January and the jams that he and his band went into were some of the craziest I've ever heard.

Morrison was a poet

>At one point Jim said to me during the recording session, and he was tearful, and he shouted in the studio, 'Does anybody understand me?' And I said yes, I do, and right then and there we got into a long discussion and Jim just kept saying over and over kill the father, fuck the mother, and essentially boils down to this, kill all those things in yourself which are instilled in you and are not of yourself, they are alien concepts which are not yours, they must die. Fuck the mother is very basic, and it means get back to essence, what is reality, what is, fuck the mother is very basically mother, mother-birth, real, you can touch it, it's nature, it can't lie to you. So what Jim says at the end of the Oedipus section, which is essentially the same thing that the classic says, kill the alien concepts, get back reality, the end of alien concepts, the beginning of personal concepts.

I guess he just wasn't made for those times.

He was a genius. But troubled

Very interesting

He wasn't really troubled, just drank too much and didn't get along with his parents due to the generational gap.

Didn't his heart burst or some shit from so much heroin in a bathtub

Don't listen to them as much as I used to. Good band. Get unnecessarily shit on around here. And I'm weird I guess but Waiting for the Sun is my favorite album.

>My wild love went riding

Their first album is their best but they have tons of 10/10 songs scattered throughout all their albums.

Nah, he just OD'd and died while taking a bath. The damage from all the heavy drinking was starting to take it's toll as well. He couldn't handle drugs the way he used to anymore.

No

Kek