How do you cope with depression Sup Forums?

How do you cope with depression Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJCMxk7AdDA
youtube.com/watch?v=woBi6qL1dcM
youtube.com/watch?v=To9FQa2O65Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Antidepressants
/thread

Alcohol and drug abuse. Works better than prescribed medication and WAY better than therapy.

Also, if you're a psychotherapist, kill yourself. You're the most useless of all human beings. I'd far rather take advice from a homeless person.

>Alcohol and drug abuse
Which drugs hommie? I miss coke and booze, currently I'm struggling with benzo withdrawal but once it's over I plan to start drinking and sniffing coke again. I just use weed right now.

Do they just make you happy?

By killing yourself. Really... look how many people who've had anything and everything yet they still can't shake their demons and become an hero... life sucks

self harm

some therapists are nice but it has never worked for me

No, antidepressants dont make you happy. I take SNRIs (cymbalta), basically it smooths out the waves of extreme ups and downs. Sometimes it makes me feel a little bit more mundane, but i like it better than going from euphoria to dreading being alive based on how I wake up that day.

To counter depression, aim for something unrealistically big.

For e.g. when Trump was depressed about Ivanka getting knocked up by that ugly jew, he aimed at the presidency.

youtube.com/watch?v=mJCMxk7AdDA

DANK MEMES

That'll just make you more depressed since you're bound to fail if you expect to accomplish something big... especially in a short amount of time. You need to take baby steps towards a larger goal in the long run.

That's probably not healthy

Buy more games

memes

i do this also

Stfu loser

Functional alcoholism. Yep, i am very well-adjusted.

No, antidepressants dont make you happy. I take SNRIs (cymbalta), basically it smooths out the waves of extreme ups and downs. Sometimes it makes me feel a little bit more mundane, but i like it better than going from euphoria to dreading being alive based on how I wake up that day.

I play a fucking lot of guitar to get by

Anti depressants
Before that sex with random women

Eat my asshole

optimistic nihilism

I'll be honest here because I've been through what OP is experiencing and I've come out of it.

OP - Get physically fit. Trust me, there is no better way of overcoming depression. Run, lift weights whatever. Get fit and stay fit. Make it a daily habit. Also, dress nicely and neatly (not necessarily expensive)

You'll slowly see your outlook towards life become more positive.

Good luck. Godspeed.

okay but how do you start though. when the depression is so bad your entire body hurts and you are very tired for no reason. how do you keep the routine. i feel no endorphins. i feel no rush, no dopamine. just fatigue

what if you are fit and depressed?

Lots of beer.

You are right, at the begining it is difficult.

Start as a way to "show everyone how good you really are" This is not the right approach to anything in life but helps as a kickstart...think of one person who you want to stun with your transformation - girl, colleague, friend, mom etc anyone.

Set short weekly goals.

By watching a lot of tv and movies, reading lots of books and smoking weed. It's not really working.

mental hospitals aren't too bad though

i mean i've tried and kept a routine for maybe two weeks because i legitimately want to be strong, but nothing happens and i only feel tired and more depression. whatever i'm just gonna do drugs

start going to the gym.

im 27, no friends anymore, shot self esteeem and confidence and a serious drinking problem (so cant fucking drink). I can't even write good things about myself or not look depressed and desperate on dating sites. Im a fucking auto mechanic and went from being on top and running a mercedes shop for a year (then it got bought out by some fucking pakis) to working in a shit high pressure subaru shop filled with christians where im getting 16 dollars a cuck. Ive been a mechanic for years, have thousands in snap on shit and can do any job that gets thrown at me but i get 1000 dollar checks for two weeks. Im fucking tired of being alone. Im fucking tired of being insecure. I'm tired of not being able to be drunk (pancreas). I'm tired of being broke. I'm tired of not being able to say fuck at work. Im tired of paying 650 for a fucking room in an apartment size house with a 23 year old roommate who talks about tesla turbines all day. Couldnt start my car to go home today until it puked a bunch of coolant out the exhaust. Cool. Fuck. 40 fucking k and never overheated the motor. FUCVK> . I don't deal with depression, I just exist and want to die constantly.

By hardening the fuck up.
But really I just force myself to exercise as much as possible and that seems to help.

Cocaine youtube.com/watch?v=woBi6qL1dcM

Video games and shitposting are how I cope, seriously my life is complete shit

working out is fucking pointless. if you stop you just loose all your gains in two weeks.

it's more like 5-10% if you dont eat enough and dont work your muscles. and less if you've been lifting for a while. And why would you stop? It'll become a habit. If you go on vacation or something u can still do pushups and eat enough to minimize muscle loss.

gaming is a good distraction

I can def recommend getting fit. Its what helped me. Also get hobbies like cooking,fishing,hunting,harvesting,rock climbing if you live close to the woods, maybe try to look for friends to do it with.
Also along with movies, tv shows if you're looking for a distraction and not a solution.

>Hookers and blow

>This man speaks the truth. Psychologists are the most clueless fucking people on the planet. It's the nature of the field that it only attracts completely incompetent morons. The average homeless guy on the street has more insight into how life and the mind works.

>Alcohol and drug abuse

that's retarded
enjoy being a worthless piece of shit that nobody likes

Newfag detected.

I miss cocaine.

fitness isn't the cure. you can still be depressed

Second this guy on getting fit

Also people who drink 3-4 cups of coffee per day are 50% less likely to kill themselves

I get over it.

You should try it.

I usually just sleep it off.

Depression can only be released with Expression
youtube.com/watch?v=To9FQa2O65Q

My dad is depressed and he is very fit, runs bikes swims... not sure if you guys are idiots or what

Take the time to find the right therapist. If needed, find the right medication dose and combination. Take good care of yourself and set a schedule where you can do what you need and have some time to yourself.

Working out to make your depression go away is a meme. I've been doing it for 11 months and still hate everything and no motivation. Can't stand to go into work. Add to that I am always sore. Don't get me wrong I like being in shape and looking good, but thats about all it offers.

5-HTP
St. John's Wort
Kratom
naps
movies
exercise
orgasms

>the average homeless guy knows more about life and mind

Then why the fuck is he homeless you stupid little edgy faggot? Kys

What this guy said.

Working out or exercising doesn't do shit for depression. It's a meme.

I just wish each night my own death, if it doesn't happens then I'll go on until next day...
Not a healthy way to cope but I don't care anymore. I'm just a gutless eurofag who can't kms

Exercise works for most people which is why they prescribe it but I'm like you two anons: exercise didn't do anything for me.

how many therapists have you tried my guy?

Fake it till you make it

Cold showers, like really ice cold showers.

Whenever I get super depressed, I just sit on the bottom of the tub nude, turn the shower on cold, shiver and endure the cold until my body gets used to it, then I continue the rest of the shower. The adaption of the cold usually takes 5 minutes, but they're the longest 5 minutes ever...

I don't know why it works, all I know is that when I leave, I just get a neutral mood. I don't feel unhappy, but I don't feel happy either. I'm just in the middle.

develop an obsession that isn't dangerous

works for me

Two. They both sucked.

I can't fake the fact that I have no friends or anything good going in my life, what am I supposed to do? Fake that I have friends or that I'm not in my room all the time? (I even work from my room, I work as a developer remotely)

how often do you do this?

How do you develop an obsession?

Prescription medicine, exercise, and music.

Same.

I lift 5+ days a week and have made great improvements in the past couple years since I started.
Still fuckin depressed.
My conditions are better, but my problems have just shifted. Now instead of comparing myself to the average person and feeling bad, I compare myself to the buff gym rats and feel bad.

Daily now, just once a day.
But I think I'll start doing it twice a day.

I will admit, it does build me some motivation.

join the military as long as you feel like you can get into shape and don't have any severe disabilities

>even a mentally disabled friendless shutin can get a developer job
>I can't

God
The Lord and savior

Technically god is lord, the savior is jesus his son.

So much for being religious. YOU'RE JUST A FUCKING POSER.

god hates you

>even a mentally disabled friendless shutin can get a developer job
Made me laugh, I'm also a drug addict user so yeah, add that to the list.

I believe in God and I can't wait for the world to end. I fantasize about that.

kys faggot heaven isnt real have fun rotting in the ground like the rest of us when you die

idk i've always been that way. it helps me focus on something else instead of my depression

What you like to do? Games, cars, bikes, building shit. I'm into a little of everything. You can honestly make friends off the internet. That's how I did it. Got my work out buddy's, welding/art buddy's, and d&d. Hid my depertion deep down and made friends. Working out and eating right helped too. Fake it till you make it.

Technically... lol
If you read the Bible God is Lord, Jesus Christ, and the Holy spirit.

Diagnosed borderline personality disorder and major depressive disorder.
I take lamictal and effexor. And I'm an alcoholic.
I rejoice in knowing that whatever you do or feel, it all ends eventually and you WILL experience relief in the form of death eventually. The eternal slumber. Peace incarnate.
There is no god, no all loving god would allow such suffering.

Amphetamines. Without some sort of boost, I fail to see the point in doing anything and end up spending hours looking at my desktop.

Sure the come downs suck, but when I have the amps running through, everything has a point and I'm up to any task.

For what it's worth, I'm describing therapeutic use of amphetamines, not abuse.

>What you like to do?
These days? Not much. I used to love running but I broke my foot and stopped since then since it still hurts... I used to play guitar but no motivation, lifting was never my thing, I used to love programming but now I hate it, it's just my job. Gaming is the only thing that maybe cheers me up, besides that I just work, smoke weed and be depressed.

As do I. As long as you've accepted Jesus as you Lord and savior it will be an AMAZING day!

This describes me so well

i just ignore everything and hope that something will either change or end

clearly not the best thing to do but better then hard drugs or an heroing

They have a child's mindset. They think everything is simple.

Yeah I've tried. Life sucked more. I rather be depressed and high than depressed and sober.

hello b/ro how many times a month do you recommend me to smoke marijuana, I do not want to fall into addiction

Facts not fiction
Buff up on your history
>>/y/ou too are a child of God

Well, then you feel like shit AND you're sober.

but i do feelbetter after not drinking for a few days

then i miss it and BOOM. Puffy liver again

You can do it on weekends to keep it special. I smoke weed every day. Weed is only psychological addictive not physically but as you can see, you can become "addicted" to being high all the time, it won't be hard on your health just your wallet

Give up. Don't try to be happy and strangely enough you will feel more happy.

Thanks user.

they are idiots who think being fit is everything and the only thing

He looked pretty happy beating the shit out his girlfriend in that one documentary about him.

Alcoholism

The dissociation from my CPTSD prevents me from feeling anything..

Could be cathartic I guess.

Guns and video games. Recently got to shoot some full autos and had the best day I've had pretty much ever. First day in a long time I didn't feel like shit. The video games are a nice distraction but lately they've lost their effectiveness and the sadness and loneliness come anyways.

There's a foolish hope that maybe tomorrow will be better and I might just find someone who's willing to like me for who I am and not tear me down every chance they get like pretty much everyone currently in my life. That little shred of hope is probably the only reason I'm still alive honestly. I've wanted to die for a long time.