SNAKE/REPTILE TARDS I require assistance...

SNAKE/REPTILE TARDS I require assistance. Also general reptile thread! Show us what you have! Pic related its my ball python shes 1.5 years old and I just received her from a friend. He hadn't fed her in a month when I got her and I through a mouse in there 1.5X the size of her biggest girth (recommended to me by youtube) It ws a bit smaller than that but she went after it twice in 3 hours and the mouse was biting back and fighting and my snake gave up both times then left it alone for the rest of the night. So I went out and bought frozen mice (which the previous owner fed her as well and she wont even bother with that either. Shes not shedding, not breeding and she hasn't eaten in a month. she should be devouring these rodents. Any tips or information is greatly appreciated!

can you have sex with it

Make sure you are defrosting the mice in hot water(Microwaving them made my corn snake stop feeding), and dont not boiling the mice. Defrost them in a baggie, if that doesn't work just kill the mice yourself. As long as they can sense the heat and in your case the mouse isn't fighting back then she should eat it. If she still doesn't eat take her to a vet, something isn't right.

She smells it often, and I've wiggled it in front of her like I am supposed to. Could it be because of the new location and the fright of the move over here? Its a 15 minute drive from where I got her but I am not familiar with how sensitive these snakes are.

you need to put the snake in a cardboard box. and try smaller rats as well. How long have you had it since trying to feed it? Its probably been through some stress

my snake was like this too, he didnt eat very well and it took a couple months before he actually ate a frozen mice, I would feed her only Frozen mice since she is still small, she might still be adjusting to her new habitat that you have given her. Mine was the same way, hope this helps

it's boring but you shouldn't feed your reptile live prey. it's highly unlikely mouse will be able to kill the snake but when it dies it will struggle like a motherfucker and could claw out an eye or something like that.

Also make sure you have rocks or something in her tank so she can rub off her skin once she starts to shed, once she eats she should start to shed again.

did you get the enclosure with her? and yeah man it knows there is a change of some kind

Dont' wiggle it around her face, back it up a bit so she has room to strike it.

Mhmm, I put the mouse in a small zip lock and removed the air. Then I put that zip lock into another one filled with hot water, inside a solo cup of warm water. its well defrosted and I didn't get it wet or dry it to remove the scent from it. I know a little bit but I just want to know why she isn't eating :-|

yes its the EXACT same tank and set up. except I put the heating pad down one level because my basement is hot and his apt is cold

I was 5 inches away and swinging it toward her.

He recommended live feedings, so my first buy was live. It will be my last that mouse fought like pickle rick.lol

Try taking the snake out of her enclosure and feeding her somewhere different. My girlfriend has four corn snakes; whenever she feeds one, she puts them in a plastic box and covers it with a towel until the snake has started to digest the mouse. The dark environment helps the snake feel a bit more secure; snakes are really exposed when they first start to digest, that can cause a problem.

Also, never feed your snake live mice. The mice can fight back and serious injure the snake if it goes badly. Try thawing the mice in warm (not hot) water. Cut into the head of the mouse as well, to expose the brain as well. Helps with digestion, or so I hear.

If she won't eat under those conditions, then maybe try taking her to a vet. A lot of places don't have people who have experience with reptiles, so maybe call around a bit until you find a place that does.

You said shes not breeding? If there is another snake in the enclosure with her it could cause her stress and make her stop eating and shedding.

OP here, shes a female...No other snake, I just threw that information in there because thats a known reason for females to not eat.

You're the second person to suggest this method. I think I will try it. Shes such an awesome calm snake and bites nothing but her food. I need to get her healthy so I'm desperate here. Ill try the cardboard box method. What goes into the box first the mouse or my snake?

OP here... I should also mention she isn't shedding fully... I have to massage the dead skin off of her in a warm water bath. This is what my friend said to do. He said its due to mal nourishment, which is why I WANT HER TO EAT! haha need a pic of enclosure?

Today is day 3. day one was a "get used to new home" day. Day 2 was live mouse and then after 7 hours of live mouse still living (even after I broke his back to make it easy for my snake) She didn't bother. so to me that means it was too big. The frozen mice I bought Are more than half the size...

pumping because I don't want Xena warrior princess to dieee

Op here, she is now in a tub with the dead mouse. And there is a towel over it since they are nocturnal. I would praise you for days if this works sir!

Yo bud has a reptile general, maybe a snek general
They'll be more help than Sup Forums