Friendly reminder that the extended Star Wars canon is just as important as the movies

Friendly reminder that the extended Star Wars canon is just as important as the movies

never would have known vader can push buttons using the force if it werent for this thread

thank you user

>tfw Disney killed all EU that wasn't cartoons that existed before they bought star wars

thank fuck, that shit was garbage. You can't tell me you'd be excited for a new novel about luke's great great great grandson going to the dark side before turning back to the light with the help of leia and han's great great great grandaughter and her wookie companion.

The eu was a fucking mess. Convoluted as fuck. It was basically just autistic fabrication counted as canon because they managed to get a company to officially publish it. I'm glad they've trimmed it down. Besides I believe the official stance is not all of it is canon. So who knows which parts really are or not

you just described TFA only with less "greats"

The EU was total shit

but so is DIsneyWars

The official stance is that the movies, The Clone Wars, and everything released 2015 onward is canon. Everything with the exception of Lego stuff and debatibly merchandise descriptions.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Peter Cottontail? He was a rabbit man hybrid from the planet Ee-Star. He had a green complexion and had an entire arm growing out of his face. He was the best shot in the galaxy with a pistol... and he was a good friend.

And novelizations/retellings. I don't think those are canon. Everything else is fair game though

Current canon guide incase anyone is currious

>Battlefront 2
Dear god, no.

Thank the maker this shit is no longer canon.

>If you stop using the deathsticks, will you die?

no force unleashed?

Nope

real canon:

Star Wars 1977 theatrical release
Empire Strikes Back 1980 theatrical release

non canon:

everything else

should be considered tier:
Hypothetical Return of the Jedi movie that was going to be produced by Gary Kurtz
Shadows of the Empire
X wing series
Thrawn trilogy
Kotor 1 and 2

purge from existence tier:
anything related to Disney or post 2005 Lucas Arts

What about this?

Which is why the prequel films should not exist

What's the name of his dealer?

have heard good things about this. recommend? I enjoy sci fi of the heinlein/herbert/asimov variety.

It's not out yet. You are probably thinking of the Thrawn Trilogy, which yes is highly recommended. You need to at least love the OT though to appreciate it. Also it doesn't fit with Episode 7, but I doubt you care about that

>that part with a a Grievous'd Mon Cal

I really felt that story added a lot to the mythos. Why on earth they didn't do something like that before?

He was like an E list character who died on his second appearance. I hate how people keep bringing him up like he somehow ruins the canon. A cyborg with lightsabers isn't all that ridiculous, especially one hired by the empire

99% of the EU was garbage.

But Darth Talon was a qt and I want her back.

Still a better character than the Annoying Orange

>no Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith

Y'all can talk shit about the additions to the canon, but the Vader comic is the best he's been written in years.

Reminder that the new canon is just as bullshit as the old.

True.
IDK, nothing it is fully contradicts 7, besides Kylo being Leia's only child, not twins.