Regardless of what you think of Linkin Park...

Regardless of what you think of Linkin Park, you can't deny that Chester was one of the most talented rock vocalists of this generation.

Anyone who's seen LP's live performances can attest to this. The dude was a vocal beast who sang like an angel and screamed like a demon.

I can't think of many vocalists on the same level as Chester.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ob_4jh4LFLo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_of_the_2000s_(century)
riaa.com/u-s-sales-database/
youtube.com/watch?v=YiHMy6V5Qjc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Znhna7g_n40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He had a whiny voice and sung through his nose.
His voice was shit and so were his songs.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Name a better rock vocalist of this generation.

Saw LP at Download Festival 2007, they headlined and I thought I'd go to their slot simply because I couldn't be doing with Motley Crue or Head Automatica (the other bands on other stages). It was fantastic. Chester's scream during Given Up actually gave me chills, it went on for what felt like days and he was so into it. Great performance.

It's funny though, whenever I've heard of people saying RIP Chester they've always prefaced it with "I don't listen to their music but".

Please list your favorite bands :^)

>It's funny though, whenever I've heard of people saying RIP Chester they've always prefaced it with "I don't listen to their music but".
Isn't that how all music is discussed on Sup Forums?

stop making linkin park threads just because the dude kill himself doesnt mean theyre suddenly important nobody gives a shit just the same as they did before the guy was dead

Radiohead, Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel

Yeah, true. I suppose I'm comparing it with some recent deaths in music. I know there's a stylistic difference between LP and Soundgarden but I didn't hear many go on about how they don't listen to Soundgarden anymore or how their music is terrible.

Saying that, LP's most recent album was dire. I do wonder if that somehow contributed to his suicide.

>suddenly important
They're the most imporant and best selling rock band of the 21st century you dickwad.

phil elverum, grouper

wow you have such original taste

ya closer to the edge is better

Than those bands? Yeah, it is.

it's funny to me how everyone talks as if linkin park was chesters band when it's really mikes band. he's the real talent

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

cool so thousands of edgy fucks bought their shitty singles because they were in the transformers movies that doesnt make them an important musical act

Are you retarded? LP were huge long before the Transformers movies.

Hybrid Theory came out in 2000.

They are literally the best selling rock artist of the 21st century so they're more important than whatever indie hipster garbage you listen to.

18+

>transformers movies
i had to look this up, didn't even know they did that

it is not

People still meme about songs that were on Hybrid Theory, which came out in 2000

I don't like him or his music but the guy had a solid fucking voice. His screaming/intense singing was really powerful. However, he sounded like a fucking generic boy band singer on their softer material.

You're either a faggot or a hipster.

Go listen to Meme Grips or Neutral Cuck Hotel.

>death grips, radiohead and NMH being worse than Linking Park

There was a time on this board (about 1 week ago) where such a post would have been ironic. I now believe this faggots suicide has plagued Sup Forums with a bunch of shit taste normie plebs who are here to stay.

>album sales and movie soundtracks
>important

If that's your idea of important you need to grow a fucking brain

>sang like an angel, screamed like a demon

You're thinking of Mike Patton

Chester sounds like a fucking joke in comparison

They are worse though.

Sup Forumscore bands are literally garbage for faggots who like to pretend that they're "deep". Pretencious hipster trash.

Well what's your idea of important then?

Nobody cares about your personal opinion of artists. We measure their influence by how many people they've reached.

nonono meteora is a solid album u see

The difference between Death Grips or NMH and Linkin Park is that one band needed their singer to kill himself in order to get people to talk/care about them. The other two were just good and therefore there was already discussion going on.

so listen to... linkin park again?

It's not their best effort but it's better than anything by Radiocuck or Meme Grips.

A band or artists importance is an amalgamation of various elements such as influence, popularity among both fans and critics, cultural influence and various other elements as well as record sales. To boil an artists importance down to simply album sales is pointless, especially in this day and age.

linkin park is fine but its watching naruto at this point

>Sup Forums has shit taste

Tell me something I don't know.

I honestly still don't know if people really like Death Grips and NMH or if it's just a huge meme. I don't think people could like such garbage but there are a lot of fags with terrible taste on this board.

All their songs sound the same

>the bands this board likes are shit
>i like real music like linking park and have good taste

Well fuck, it's a good thing we have posters like you here to save this shit hole of a board. I can't wait for all the wonderful years of enlightened musical discussion we can have talking about Linkin Park and other great artists.

youtube.com/watch?v=ob_4jh4LFLo
I agree with you. The band and his vocals were great.

Sure but I don't see how you can deny the cultural impact that Linkin Park has had. Like if you grew up in the late 90's/00's you're pretty much guaranteed to have owned at least one of their albums unless you lived in Iran or something.

so much derailing

Oh sorry would you rather circle jerk about your cucky indie bands that nobody's heard of?

Yes.

This, desu. I can't tell any of their songs apart.

Too bad

>implying death grips circle jerk threads are ever going away

sure is summer in here

Then go post in one, faggot.

>people are talking about bands i don't like
>i better throw a fit and tell everyone i don't like it

You have to be 18 or older to use this site

You mean the Linkin Park haters?

homophobia killed chester!!1!!1!

>They're the most imporant and best selling rock band of the 21st century you dickwad.
>reads one online article after bennintons suicide

Do you believe everything you read online little child?

>Then go post in one, faggot.
>implying I like death grips

Bitch Death Grips are like a modern day Linkin Park. ExMilitary is the Hybrid Theory of the 2010s

They are the best selling rock band of the 21st century. That's an objective fact.

I love how you're trying to pretend like the biggest rock band in the world is irrelevant m8. Good one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_of_the_2000s_(century)

just with better synths, vocals and songs

Same can be said about nickelback and everyone hates them

Okay so what do you listen to then?

>ExMilitary is the Hybrid Theory of the 2010s

Actually, it's the Significant Other, but close enough I guess.

How can everyone hate them if they're popular?

Let's be honest here: contrarian hipsters hate them.

You value their commercial success over their actual music and quality. Mcdonalds is the most succesful restaurant in the world. Why don't you go running around telling everyone how amazing they are and how much their local mom&pop run italian restaurant sucks ass because nobody has heard of it?

>taking the b8 this hard

Let it go lad

>Okay so what do you listen to then?

You have to be 18 or older to use this site

How else are you going to measure the "quality" of something subjective like music?

How do you explain the fact that all the hipster bands you listen to aren't more popular if they're so good?

A good restaurant will be popular. You'll have to book a table in advance. It will constantly be busy and turning over a big profit.

So you're not going to answer the question because you're scared I'll pick apart your shitty tastes. k then.

I'm not a hipster, I like country music

I remember watching anime mashups to linkin parks music when i was in middle school. shit was fuckin dope.

imagine wanting to listen to them after you hit puberty though lol

I mean, I feel bad for the dude, but let's be real. His screams were poor, have you heard any death metal, black metal, metalcore, or deathcore? People are doing much crazier shit with their screamed vocals than this dude's one tone scream he uses in every song.

>linkin park fan

You don't have taste kid

Sounds entirely plausible considering they were really big at the turn of the century, which is when the music industry peaked, it only makes sense that artists back then (on average) sold more than artists today

riaa.com/u-s-sales-database/

Buying online singles isn't cutting it, the golden age in terms of sales was not that of the cassette or the mp3, but the CD

>His screams were poor, have you heard any death metal, black metal, metalcore, or deathcore?

At least he was melodic. His screams were exactly what they were supposed to be. Are you implying LPs music would have been better with with gravely voiced cookie monster vocals?

Most extreme metal vocalists can't sing though. Except for some metalcore/screamo bands.

Better taste than you hipster trash :^)

good b8 pleb

How is that b8?

Listen to Burzum of Death and tell me that they can sing? They can scream but that's about it.

I mean listen to these AMAZING vocals by Varg...

youtube.com/watch?v=YiHMy6V5Qjc

So wrong. Screams bands are the ones who can't sing for shit. Gorgoroth (black metal) for example has a few members who can sing very well outside of black metal vocals

Screamo *

I think they are amazing, its just not melodic. try it yourself and see how it sounds

Examples of songs? I don't think I've ever heard Gorgoroth singing.

I mean, if you're just looking at pop metal vocalists like Linkin Park, I would argue Issues do what they do with better vocal ability, although I'd say they're kind of in the same boat. Their vocalist is a better singer than Chester though. I feel like all that metalcore shit like Memphis May Fire, Woe Is Me, Every Time I Die, and Dance Gavin Dance prove that it isn't that hard to top what Linkin Park did vocally.

I don't think Linkin Park's music is good in the first place, it might have been better with more variety or heavier parts. I think their earlier stuff at least was a little more interesting because it drew influence from more electronic music, but their later stuff was really boring. Minutes to Midnight is not a good rock album.

>ywn be a little kid listening to LP for the first time again

They were my first band, I still remembered every line to every damn song. I did not need this right now in my life, such a fucking ball buster. It just had to be him.

>Better taste than you hipster trash :^)

I was in denial once too. In 5 years you'll be listening to hipster trash yourself and talking about how "lolsorandum" weird you used to think it sounded.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Znhna7g_n40

This is their drummer

>Their vocalist is a better singer than Chester though. I feel like all that metalcore shit like Memphis May Fire, Woe Is Me, Every Time I Die, and Dance Gavin Dance prove that it isn't that hard to top what Linkin Park did vocally.
I just don't understand how anyone can honestly believe that but okay. You're entitled to your opinion. I stand by my assertion that Chester was an amazing vocalist with an incredible range.

Also, keep in mind that when judging a vocalist you have to listen to their live performances not studio material.

Yeah, I understand that. I've heard videos where Chester's voice is blown out and his voice sounds like shit, he's not above these warped tour vocalists. I'm comparing how both would sound on a good day here. I think you're trolling honestly.

I actually used to listen to hipster trash until I just realised that it's actually shit and that people only pretend to like it to fit in. Now I just listen to whatever the fuck I want.

Not bad. Pleasantly surprised actually. Totally different style from LP though. Is he the guy in Wardrunna as well?

ah shit, i forgot. dir en grey is the same style but their vocalist has so much more ranging in terms of singing ability and screaming. they are the gold standard for this kind of music

Okay well I guess we just disagree.

Kyo from Dir en Grey is pretty amazing. He might be on the same level as Chester. Howard the old singer from Killswitch Engage was pretty impressive as well.

People hate Chester because they hate Linkin Park (because it's cool to hate LP). In reality he's a really talented vocalist.

The black dude from Killswitch Engage ruled, I forgot about him.

chester died by auto asphyxiation wrong n why are u discussing who is better when dg & lp are friends. shinoda repped a dg shirt @ a mexico show b4

>The dude was a vocal beast who sang like an angel and screamed like a demon

This sentence reads like someone still in middle-school.

Did you listen to anything past meteora?

Slipknot was the better middle school teenage angst band. He was a hack, no wonder he offed himself.

It's sad that Chester is dead while cunts like this continue to live.

ikr, it's crazy how even the clowns in Slipknot were better than LP.

>dir en grey

Ma nigga, Vulgar was fucking amazing.

>dat music video of obscure

It is like you were stamped out of a mold.

it's sadder people defend linkin park

Don't tell me what I can and cannot deny
Fugg you OP

>he killed himself on the birthday of one of his close friends, who also killed himself.
>his last album, one more light, was released a day after his friend's death, with the main song being about the loss of a friend.

I haven't cried like this in years, this is just too much.
Do you think he was planning his suicide ever since the day Chris took his own life, Sup Forums?

They're actually a pretty decent band.

They're discography is diverse enough now that you'll probably find an album that you enjoy no matter what kind of music you're into.

>defending Linkin Park while shitting on so-called "hipster shit"
Bring back elitist Sup Forums desu