What went wrong

What went wrong

Hound of the Baskervilles was the beginning of the End.

also Mads mikkelsen's brother

Nothing, it's very good. It's popularity makes it a meme on this board. S3 was better than the yellow fever episode in 1 and baskervilles in 2. Well directed and acted, often clever and funny, a good show.

It only had like 3 good episodes, out of 10. It's awful.

This show is getting seriously lost up its own asshole with this mind palace faggotry. Why can't it just do clever little mysteries? Why does it have to reintroduce dead characters, and reinvent characters as assassins?

>It's another Sup Forums hates a popular show because it's popular episode.

underrated post

See
Also it's pretty bad. I've watched and liked every episode though, comfy shit.

>also Mads mikkelsen's brother
How's that, faggot.

>muh mind palace

>that Doctor Who guy
>tumblr fanbase

JUST

I will say this was the most disappointing show I ever saw. I quote one of the people who convinced to me this this shit, one of the few people whose recommendations I respect:

>I don't know who the greatest Sherlock Holmes on film is, and don't care. With all due respect to Basil Rathbone, my favorite Holmes & Watson screen team was always Daffy Duck and Porky Pig. (I'm also partial to Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.) But even I'd have to admit this BBC version is up there with the best of them.

>As Eddie knows, I had to be anesthetized and strapped down like Malcolm McDowell in CLOCKWORK ORANGE before submitting to watch this. I'm not kidding when I say it practically changed my worldview overnight. I no longer believe that everything new is sh*t. Everything new IS STILL sh*t --- except SHERLOCK.

>The BBC has always put American television to shame, ever since the days of MONTY PYTHON and probably even before that. SHERLOCK could never have happened here because it would never have gotten past the imbecilic TV executives on this side of the pond. They insist on dumbing everything down until even a network suit can understand it. This show is innovative on every conceivable level, and yet still manages to be reverential to the source material, which I now appreciate even more. I'm currently rereading the original Conan Doyle stories, as a learning exercise in how to update and adapt classic material correctly.

>One last word about Martin Freeman, who plays Watson. In an interview on YouTube, he talks about his own fantasy "dinner party" in which he'd invite Jesus, MLK, Ghandi - and Stan Laurel! Now I ask you -- is this guy the coolest person on the planet, or what?

Also, another friend said this:

>I kept telling Eddie that this series was great and to get it at the library. But he wouldn't watch it until he forgot I recommended it to him.

sherlock was too smart

That episode where he stops being an autistic hermit whose bluntness prevents him from interacting with normal human beings, and starts being James Bond.
You know, the episode where he single handedly infiltrates the Taliban to perform a rescue operation on the glamorous dominatrix/spy who inexplicably falls in love with him.
Meanwhile, Martin Freeman (the better actor and more interesting character) stays home drinking tea.

Always have this handy.

I'm always saddened that the first episode is still technically the best, because it actually had mysterious intrigue and Sherlock wasn't this mega-wizard that could work out everything on a dime, yet.

This pretty much nails it.

The fuck are you talking about? The show has lost it's mystery as time as gone on, shoehorning inane bullshit in to dull your senses as you watch. It started with making irene addler a bdsm misstress to distract you from the fact that the entire mystery of the episode came down to sherlock stealing a goddamned phone. And yes, I read the original short story. Making sherlock win doesn't make it an exciting twist, it makes sherlock a mary sue. And then they hack jobbed hounds ontop of that. Worst version of hounds ever, and thats including the Elementary version from this year.

But then season 3 happened and the only good episode was episode 2. Episodes 1 and 3 were domestic drivel without a mystery centric plot that were scattershot as fuck. Putting 5 mediocre questions into one plot doesn't equate one good mystery. And then to top it off you had the shitty feminism christmas special bullshit that actually had a decent mystery, but got muddled up by having none of it fucking matter since by the end it jumped between a bunch of muddled up plots that had nothing to do with the mystery. It went deliberately wrong on so many levels. How the fuck is it a good thing to have a well written, exciting standalone mystery and then all of the sudden shoehorn in some bullshit about a drug addiction. And it's not even like it was even was goos drama involving drug addiction, it was just a few shitty tropes playing out to fill another 30 minutes.

Objectively the series has gone downhill user. It's not contrarian, it's just a matter of fact.

he was literally a faggot

nigga this shit is garbage what you tryin' to kill knowledge?

Tumblr happened.

this always reminds me of that user explaining women, with that selfie a slut took at the gym saying a guy was looking at him or something like that.
So well described

Mary Watson

Few Sherlock Holmes adaptations get Irene Adler right, but none get it as wrong as Sherlock.
>LE BDSM DOMINATRIX
Jesus christ

Steven Moffat can make cool, whacky, complex plots but he can't write characters for shit. The dialogue is terrible in any show he does. Sherlock and Doctor Who are borderline interchangeable because of him.

Started to pander to tumblr around the 3rd season