Ask a software dev anything

Ask a software dev anything

Other urls found in this thread:

pouet.net/prod.php?which=68147
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your Job?

is it true that you can develop autism by developing shitty software?

I'm an IT student right now, not the theoretical kind we have programming assignments every week. I'm kind of a natural at it for some reason, it just opens up to me. Want to get that bachelor and find a job.

Any advice you can give?

what course did you study in uni/college

c:\

Pick a couple of technologies and stick to them, consider them your majors. Learn other technologies when you can, but don't focus all your effort and energy on them. Study theory as well, it might not be practical most of the time, but you will stumble on some aspects which require theoretical knowledge.

So what you working on currently?

Ask the Apple devs.

A major car auction platform used in the UK. I do backend stuff.

would you rather have unlimited bacon but no software or unlimited software but no software

No. Go directly to school. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

We had all sorts of IT related courses - Java, algorithms, databases, OOP, C++, data mining. But also economics-related courses - accounting, project management, math.

Is what company do u work?

I'd rather have unlimited paychecks and no software m8

which programming language should i learn?
for good job and opportunities

Would you rather write something that wastes resources like hell but is finished in 2 weeks or something super efficient that takes 4 weeks.

Both do the job fine, but the first one uses triple the amount of RAM and CPU.

all of them

Javascript frameworks (AngularJs or VueJs for example) are very popular and help you master some front-end aspects as well. For OOP I'd go for Java or C#.

were you recently fired?

Resource efficiency is important, so I'd go for the 4 week project. Maybe settle for a 3-week so and so project that's decent.

I've never been fired.

You should learn a language based on whether you like that particular language and what you're going to be doing with it.

> mfw you are a woman

that's not up to the software dev
you could do the project right in 4 weeks
you could do it in 2 weeks but it will be a resource hog
management says the product needs to ship in 8 days

Good man.

I hate this growing trend of wasting resources to get shit out faster. It's especially bad in the gaming industry.

Check this out:
pouet.net/prod.php?which=68147

The whole thing is only 64KB. If you don't want to run a binary that some random guy on the internet has linked you to, there's a Youtube link on that page.

Why can't you faggots actually make a program that works properly?

That's the dilemma.

The PEBKAC problem is really hard to solve, m8.

Is your job any fun. Im actually thonking of quitting and becoming a dev

Cause code can be tricky. And there aren't enough tests to ensure product quality.

because you faggots aren't willing to pay for quality software

I've got one for you...

> WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU POST THAT PICTURE?

It's not necessarily fun, but it's not boring. You don't have a routine, you solve problems - that means you are always looking, searching, trying, learning, fixing.

Googled "PC" for the mandatory pic. Couldn't be fucked to pick anything more clever.

Here's a good one

Do you like IT?

Why do people think Java is better than C#, but in reality, it's the opposite?

your internet speed and how much do you pay for it

Software Dev?

> "Meh that'll do"

Fixed it for you

Who are these people you speak of? Pretty much every software developer I've talked to hates Java.

Java, javaEE, Oracle things

whats the difference between a double and a float

Some amateurs. I am a programming student, and i found that C# is better than Java because it is way faster, the syntax is easier to read, VisualStudio is perfect (it was the only reason i used Windows, but after some updates i got tired of MS's bullshit and went fully to Linux), the Cosmos project is amazing, and for the people that say that C# cannot run on anything other than Windows, they are so wrong, C# can run every operating system and it is now open-source.

how do you see the OSS channel and how do you think it will impact the future of economy on a global scale?

64 vs 32 bits of precision

Double has more precision than float.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact

software is a fairly common profession
so far his story seems to check out

How are the hours where you work?
Is there much crunch?

Is remix os will be the "standart" version for all linux out there?

what is the best software for copying copy protected blu-ray discs?

Yes? No? Maybe?

I don't know. Could you repeat the question?

In my opinion Ubuntu is. (Not OP)

Would You?

It's a 9 to 6 job, no crunch at all, everything is very chill.

>Some amateurs. I am a programming student

How do you feel being the failure of a computer scientist ?

I used to be dev back in the days, now I'm infosec expert, we're like 100 times more skilled than dev, which are the pleb of computer science..

How much do you get paid?

Have a coding exercise I need to do today for a bootcamp. It's in Ruby and I've spent the past 24 hours trying to learn Ruby since all I knew was JavaScript beforehand. Any advice for test?

Linux is not my specialty, so I don't think I can give you an smart answer. But distros are generally either very focused (e.g. Kali for hacking) or very general (Ubuntu for all sorts of stuff). So there might not be a distro to rule them all.

>not saying rephrase
>software dev

What types of programs do you make, and who actually buys them/what 's the market demand?

There's already a "standard" version of Linux. It's called Android. Every other distro is dwarfed in comparison.

Ubuntu is for faggots ex-windows user who wannabe edgy in a land of wild wolfs...

The real problem of GNU/Linux is there is no a real "standart" for devs and thats why people like microshit and applecrap are winning the game

>>fucking dislexy

OP here again - it's really about taste. Java has its ups and downs, so does C#. Performance, structure, syntax all vary, but it depends on what your projects need.

did you wash ass this morning

Why didn't you create this thread in Sup Forums? Because it wouldn't make you as special?

True but android is for phones and tables... I see remix os running and is a good distro of linux with android standards codes for apps and easy-to-use GUI

1100 euros per month. Which is decent for where I live (Easter Europe), that's basically 2200 loaves of bread. Yeah, for the test - suck off the guy responsible for writing the test and get the answers.

>Ubuntu is for faggots ex-windows user who wannabe edgy in a land of wild wolfs...

Ubuntu is semi-gay, but is still better than Windows for a personal OS. Stop calling every body edgy, it makes you sound edgier than anyone else here.

Ubuntu is perfect for mainstream users who don't have much time to spend on learning how computers work.

What the fuck. How can you live with yourself? At least give me a breakdown of your rent, utilities, groceries, etc. that's terribly pathetic and I feel very bad for you.

Pretty accurate picture. This is exactly why I answered to previous poster.

These edgy kids calling ubuntu gay are just cancer.

lol

Ubuntu is still Linux bro.

Jesus, what unemployed highschooler made this?