Are there any albums about becoming a parent...

Are there any albums about becoming a parent? I'm going to be a father soon and it seems like that's the only subject that has no songs about it (which I doubt is true). Is anyone here a parent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b-7c4VNGOgU
youtube.com/watch?v=cOiluphTRqs
youtube.com/watch?v=B32yjbCSVpU
youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3IOdDE5iA
youtube.com/watch?v=mmxn1ljhlgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CzSVSJuowhc
youtube.com/watch?v=LRYoBzf8fIE
youtube.com/watch?v=qmhVN6xsZVw
youtube.com/watch?v=14uwOh8kV_0
youtube.com/watch?v=0bc3SsiE_I4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yEAH emimen (slim shady) has a lot ofg good tracks about being a daddy he raps about how he loves them sometime touches them which is weird but funny also he pretends to be gay if that helps hope you enjoy being dad

it's not an album and you've probably heard it but this song is really good
youtube.com/watch?v=b-7c4VNGOgU

The inlay for the album has the words "dedicated to all dads."

youtube.com/watch?v=cOiluphTRqs

K O O K S
O
O
K
S

At 20 I impregnated a rich 30 year old whom I didn't know well at all (condom broke). She didn't want me in her life and felt I would be a bad father so now I receive $200,000 every year on our daughter's birthday and are not supposed to contact them. They live in LA and I live in Europe and I've seen my child twice. As time goes on and she grows older her mom will probably let me see her less. Maybe not at all. The thing is that I'm pretty sure that I would have actually been a terrible father and that I wasn't ready for something like that in the slightest. She'll probably get (or might even have) a stepdad who's better than me and my own incompetence to take care of my own kid tears me apart, especially now that I'm a bit older and I know it will only get worse.
The mom likes to say "A child ruined my life but my daughter saved it." and when she said it to me in person it really hurt. I think she was trying to be funny but fuck that.

Gonna cut through the bullshit: The best you can do now is be a good father to your next child. Focus on your work and your hobbies.

Idk what to recommend other than Kooks by David bowie. Good luck user! Hope it all goes well :^)

Kate Bush has a song about his son. Its called Bertie.

nigga you get 200k a year and made some other dude a cuck, you are living the life

how are you complaining?

literally win-win for you...

shut the fuck up.

Get Nine Inch Nails' With Teeth, Start from the track "Only" and listen all the way, letting it loop back to the first half.

It's an album about un-snowflake-ing yourself.

good luck man..I hope everything goes well

youtube.com/watch?v=B32yjbCSVpU

Yes, Heaven or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins is about Liz Fraser becoming a mother. That might help a little.

There's this song

youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3IOdDE5iA

oh, and congrats too

I hope you are the right colour though =)

based

>WAAAAAH I GET PAID A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY TO LIVE WITHOUT RESPONSIBILITIES

faggot

I forget the name of it, but there was a song about a guy who doesn't understand his father and what his father was trying to do for him, until he himself became a father.

I don't even know why I posted this, not like you'd know it either.

FOUR WALLS AND ADOBE SLATS FOR MY GIRLS!!

>t. lazy materialistic idiots
There's more to life than money and laying down on the couch all day

this. All those anons are emotionally-retarded teenagers anyway, they have no idea what it must be like to have a child that you're not allowed to raise.

I thought it was pasta?

I haven't seen it before.

Me neither but it came up so randomly in the thread. If this is true it's pretty fucking sad.

Hi user I'd recommend "A Sailor's Guide to Earth" by Sturgill Simpson. It's a concept album in which Sturgill writes to his newborn son, using the extended metaphor of him being a sailor (instead of him being a soldier who has to go away often) to describe how he'll feel about him growing up,

Sturgill is described as a country artist but I wouldn't pigeon hole him like that. I hope you enjoy.

It kills me to know so many people secretly think like this.
I wish people wouldn't.

which part of the post are you referring to

alpha af

ultimate dad album

fuck man

Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely

>WILL I WANT THEM TO BE WHO THEY WILL BE OOOOR TO BE MORE LIKE THEIR DAAAD?
>MAYBE I SHOULD LET THEM, MAYBE WE SHOULD LET THEM
>ARE YOU ALSO FRIIIIIIGHTEEENNNED??

only frightened somehow gives me feels despite not wanting to ever have kids

O V E R R A T E D

Cats in the Cradle and the silver spoon
little boy blue and the man on moon?

Why is she so rich?

You can be my Dad with that 200k if you want papa

Seconding this, great album with the entire concept being centered around fatherhood

this too off new album
youtube.com/watch?v=mmxn1ljhlgQ

8/10 fic

WELL I JUST HEARD

I know a lot of songs about being a good dad but none that capture your feel specifically :/
youtube.com/watch?v=CzSVSJuowhc
youtube.com/watch?v=LRYoBzf8fIE

HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

do not rape your daughter
youtube.com/watch?v=qmhVN6xsZVw

This
Dude you were 20, like you said probably not ready for a child. Now you're living comfortably and can find a nice gril to start a real family with, not some old whore. You literally won.

LISTON TO PAPA ROACH

>ctrl+f "owen"
>ctrl+f "mike kinsella"
>0 results

anyway, here's the last good album a kinsella ever recorded

Right here for ya

youtube.com/watch?v=14uwOh8kV_0

A lot of Animal Collective songs from MPP-CHz

How has no one recommended I'm Not yet? Literally written because Panda Bear was unsure of his readiness to become a father, and it's incidentally the most beautiful song on the album:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bc3SsiE_I4

See

she cant control her daughter forever.
if youre extremely confident you were going to be a shit father, then its entirely possible you did a good thing for her and made out like a boss. leave her alone i guess until youre ready to be a good father. i know some one who lost her father early. she said quality over quantity. you better be fucking quality if you get into her life.

that said - you only get one turn on the wheel.

Good post.

I think part of it is not understanding separation from a child and actually wanting to be a part of their life.

from the perspective of somebody who would actually be okay with this (i don't want kids anyway) i just don't want to have to work a 9-5, idgaf about spending money beyond the necessities. is that really that fucked up?

actually fucking somebody over in court for money (idk if he actually did) is another issue though

pic related implies you already know it vulnicura might be relatable for you

that's fucking weird, you made me realize how little music i listen to that would be relatable as a parent...

At a bare minimum Sail to the Moon and Wolf at the Door touch base with Thom's then new fatherhood. Might be more hints that I haven't picked up on but they're definitely there in those 2 songs.