Why isn't he ever in the discussion of great defensive players?

Why isn't he ever in the discussion of great defensive players?

Other urls found in this thread:

packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/02/06/dougherty-hall-call-owens-theres-catch/97549562/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BALCO

I know different leagues but hell Bonds is even working in the MLB now.

Romo will never get in. All they gotta do is show him hocking a noogie on JJ Stokes at the selection meeting and its a done deal.

HOF voters are supposed to ignore any off the field shit. Its why Charles Haley and Michael Irvin are able to get in. Only conduct on the field matters.

All those steel curtain players were on roids and they're in the hall.

Romo had so many classic moments on the field with the bantz

>HOF voters are supposed to ignore any off the field shit.
TO proves otherwise.

he will get in

His suspension when he was with the Eagles is whats holding him back. Andy Reid benched him during his prime, which is giving enough fuel for those on the fence to not vote for him.

For more context read this

packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/02/06/dougherty-hall-call-owens-theres-catch/97549562/

All of that is just noise. The bottom line is the committee has a hard time of being objective and many people and entire positions suffer because of it.

T.O. is a bitch that deserves to wait his turn to get in. If he weren't a diva he would have been first ballot.

This thread is good. Keep posting about your type of football.

He's usually up there in the dirtiest players lists, and he's from an era when dirty = good.

Anyway, he's also from the same era as Bruce Smith and Reggie White, of course he's going to be overshadowed.

impact player, has four superb owl rings....

he works out at my gym

you ever talk to him?

well yeah, but White and Smith have 19 combined first team all pros, Romanowski has 0; that's the stuff that gets you in the HoF when you aren't a quarterback

He will punch you, be careful.

This is what happend to the last nigga that crossed him

I get that, but im not even talking about HOF, he literally never gets brought up, hell you have people bringing up Brian Dawkins more

He offered to let me use the weights he was using once, but that's it. I didn't want to bother him. He's polite to everyone though, and still completely jacked.

u should get a pic or some shit

Well, I don't know. Truly great safeties are really hard to come by, last gen we had Reed, Polamalu and Dawkins. Great Linebackers come in greater numbers, and players like Ray Lewis, LT, Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus and Jack Ham get (deservingly) more praise.

He's one of those players who despite having a great run with the Broncos, is destined to be just that, one of the best Broncos. Similar to London Fletcher, kinda tragic.

I've thought about it but I feel cooler if I act like it's no big deal. I'll ask him something benign like when they're letting him into the hall and report back.

Atwater gets passed over too

Atwater is from another decade, the Rod Woodson era.

Always thought he was HoF worthy, but safeties have a hard time getting in.

He doesn't have a single all pro. Idk what agenda you're trying to push, but to remember outside of your own team's fans you have to have at least a couple all pros. Shit man, willfork has 1 1st all pro and 3 2nd and he probably still won't make the hall, or it will take a very long time.

not trying to push an agenda just trying to have a convo faggot

Well as a patriots fan I can tell you in 10 years no one who isn't a patriots fan is going to have much of any memory of Troy brown, Kevin Faulk, tedy bruschi, or mike vrabel. That's the way it goes.

Id argue Romo was a bigger name then Brown or Faulk and Vrabel, and Bruschi. Although all did have an impact on the team.

Its because they expect Safeties to have played corner at one point and have high INT count. So someone like John Lynch, gets punished for it.

Yes but Bruschi has the sob story.

That is true plus hes still on ESPN isnt he?

Believe so. He's their go to guy for anything Patriots related.

he comes off as a smug prick

A real shame, but I'm sure both Lynch and Dawkins will make it.

My concern is Ed Reed, if he isn't first ballot I'm gonna be sad and mad.

I just realized I can name like 5 NFL players with the last name -kowski and 0 from all other facets of life
But then again, I suppose everyone with the first name Jararashaq'won I can think of comes from the NFL too

But if they had played corners at one point that means they CAN'T get INTs, since 90% of cornerbacks are just WRs that can't catch, and the other 10% are fast black guys that just want to paralyze people legally

It's a common slav suffix, I guess it must be common in some places like NY or MN.

anyone looking for evidence of him being the GOAT just needs to look at the superbowl where the broncos beat the packers

he was flying down the field covering receivers, obliterating double teams to get sacks, basically being a human fucking rocket

yeah he was roided out of his mind but he was good

a lot of players were roided then

Because he was a fucking nut who intentionally injured players, namely breaking Kerry Collins jaw and fucking up his career

>former New England player is smug
No fucking way

Thread last night had people saying Haley wasn't great, I would say Romo was a less impressive player who won't get in the HOF.

Smith and White were DEs, Romo was a pure LB.

Dawkins was fucking amazing, Romanowski is not in the same class.

Bruschi is smug? LMAO fag. Bruschi is a humble as fuck and chill guy. He had a stroke during his playing days and came back the next year. He was playing with his son on the field before a game it was great. He is only "smug" cause tony nigger dungy and other retarded affirmitive action ESPN coons spout bullshit memes all day about how ay ay ron faggot rodgers is better and pats aren't legit, bs, he just says fuck you guys BB will rape you on sunday

he's "smug" because all ESPN does is shit talk the pats. he, actually having played in the NFL unlike jemele hill and co, is just like ok niggers

>Rod Woodson

why couldn't i have went to purdue in the late 80s or 90s : /

when i was there the team won like 8 games in 4 years...

>Smith and White were DEs, Romo was a pure LB.
user was saying why wasn't he in the discussion of greatest defensive players; not linebackers, and even so
I still think he had a great run with the Broncos, but this user is pretty much right

Because he wasn't that great.
It really is that simple.