Anyone have experience with it?
Indoor/outdoor setups?
Aqua/hydroponics?
Lets build some info

it's illegal

Bumping for interest, thanks for the thread

only harvesting it is illegal in the states afaik

No, it's not. Harvesting it is.

Never considered it. Don't you slit the flower pods and let stuff ooze out to collect? Can you smoke that or do you have to process it somehow?

you just have to dry it after. its smokeable at that point though

You let it ooze out and dry up, then you collect that dried up stuff the day later. That dried resin is opium and it's the stuff you can extract morphine from, which in turn is sometimes chemically processed into heroin. Opium contains various opioids, but no heroin (which is an opiate).

sure, I grew opium before.
but that was back when I was still a faggot

Isnt climate a thing for these things?

Tips on growing methods?
Required materials? Types of soil, pots, nutrients, watering, etc?
Any good online guides?
General info?

Ive never tried it but I was interested for a while. Is it like vicodin or other opiate pills? Thats as far as my experience with opium goes

It grows in that horrible hellhole that is afghanistan so no, climate does not look to be an issue

Opium is the best drug ever.. I've done a ton of drugs but opium is the only one I still think about.. Extra hard to process and super illegal but my god it's worth it

>extra hard to process

?

Taken from the other thread
not in your backyard obviously growing a big patch of poppy flowers would look a bit weird unless you were a granny and wanted a nice garden all around your front and backyard
but if you treated it like cannabis and just put random patches of poppys all around in places and went and bled them, collected it then refined it, it wouldn't be hard
all you have to do is cut it and collect it in a container. compared to cannabis your not moving a ton of material for a big harvest. maybe after you're done bleeding and want to remove the rest of the pods and stem for refining.
it would be hard but not impossible to sustain a long enough addiction from

growing poppys indoor would be retarded, just grow weed. but if you want to grow indoors you probably live with parents and shouldn't even be taking opiates. no one would see poppys and recognize that they're what they are, they're grown in gardens all the time as ornamental flowers because they look nice.

opiate addiction (as in abusing to get high) is stupid, after 2-3 years and once you hit the point where your miserable all besides the few hours you can relax after a dose. then when you can't get any and go 24 hours without some, you'll be in hell and will do anything to get some (which is where the stereotype of sucking dick for heroin comes from). then when you get tired of that and try to quit you'll be in weeks of hell

Also Mexico, Vietnam, China (?), South West in the US (I believe Cali, AZ, New Mexico, and Texas).

Lol, last year we had 10 hectare of "opium". The seeds are harvested for pharmacy

Don't you need a license to legally grow it in the us though?

Not as far as I know, you're just not allowed to harvest it in any way.

I found some wild red poppy growing out in west Texas. I took 5 or 6 stem dried bulbs. When I go to home to Austin I cracked the bulbs and threw the seeds all over my back yard. I have done nothing at all to try and foster growth or really cared. However now I have about 150 red poppy in my back yard. Make poppy tea all the time.

It's quasi legal. You can buy the seeds and I see them in ornamental gardens all the time but the legality of it is kind of up in the air. No one ever gets prosecuted for it though. Harvesting it is definitely illegal though.

Maybe it depends on state? I know purchasing dried poppy pods was legal with the intent of "decoration" purposes. Potentially growing them for such, or similar intents, might be permitted? Possibly decoration intents, akin to: art (photography, painting still lifes, floral arrangements, etc) might allow one to grow them (and maybe cut/dry them?) - I'm not sure.
I'm also curious.

>not allowed to harvest it
Look dumbass: even possessing the seeds is a crime in America. You can grow other types of poppies BUT not opium poppies. It's a specific type of poppy that you need a DEA license to grow and harvest NOT just any poppy you see in a garden
Fuck you are a idiot

"United States

In the United States it is legal to purchase poppy seeds but all other parts of the plant are considered a schedule II controlled substance under the federal Controlled Substance Act of 1970. The Opium Poppy Exclusion Act of 1942 bans growing of the poppy in many cases but is generally not a problem for gardeners as the plant is widely grown for the flowers and for seeds for replanting and cooking, and for much of US history poppies were a significant cash crop, with the government especially pushing for farmers to grow more poppies for medicinal use during wars up to World War I."

>homeguides.sfgate.com/legal-grow-poppy-flowers-77641.html
Among the many varieties of poppies, only opium poppy (Papaver somniferum) is illegal to grow in the United States.

You are a idiot

You mean a nigger. If you are going to post like a 12 year old idiot, at least get your facts straight.

niggers dont plant flowers, nigger
only faggots do.
get your facts straight faggot nigger