Christine (2016)

youtube.com/watch?v=jfred100sWQ

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Chubbuck
thumotic.com/feminism-depression-epidemic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This movie looks good. Is it already available somewhere online?

I thought this was about a car

Looks good. can someone redpill me on the story behind this piece of kino?

read faggot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Chubbuck

Do you know how to use google?

>you couldn't save her

I think it may be going to released on VOD in November? Not sure though.

>She lamented to co-workers that her 30th birthday was approaching and she was still a virgin who had never been on more than two dates with a man. Her brother Greg later recalled several times she had gone out with a man before moving to Sarasota, but agreed she had trouble connecting socially in the beach resort town. He believed her constant self-deprecation for being "dateless" contributed to her ongoing depression.

>she only needed your dick

I think she needed mood stabilizers.

I think we need to address the elephant in the room-do they show the suicide in the movie?

Yes, from the reviews I've read, the suicide is filmed as if you're looking at one of the monitors behind her in the poster and then once she does it, they cut to the reaction of the crew.

She was 30? Christ she looks 50.

That's the toll a personality disorder mixed in with depression and being hospitalized (in the 70s!) will do.

The real Network

>Michael C. Hall
Pass.

Me too pham.

Now it's about a news anchor suicide, enjoy?

>3.38 MB JPG
What the fuck is your problem?

I dl'ed it from a site and uploaded it, that's how it came.

>stooping this low to film a movie about a women so depressed she took her own life in front of the world.
>bringing more unhappiness to her loved ones who probably hope they could get over it.

Guess we should ask the same to Gus Van Sant who made a film about Columbine (Elephant)? Or any other real life film about violent acts (suicide or other wise)...give me a break.

Fucking remakes. She doesn't even look like the original character. This is worse than Pennywise in It.

>let's never ask why something happened
>let's never show people the signs of something that they might also recognize in themselves
>let's never allow those people to seek help for it, possibly better their lives and, in turn, better the lives of others

It's funny how knowledge works, isn't it?

Right on the money

Do they show how hairy she was? She doesn't look that hairy on the poster. She had really hairy arms, a unibrow that she barely managed to pluck to two eyebrows, and a prominent mustache.

We know why it happened, it happened because she had ridiculous standards and was obsessed with the office Chad while rejecting everyone else. Basically it happened because of feminism.

Think the movie will tell you that?

According to reviews, the pits/bush scene is very confronting

aw shit look at the superior wisdom of the average teenager.

huh, looks like amateur hour

Or, ya know, she had depression and a personality disorder.

Yeah, depression caused by the personality disorder of feminism. Just like most women nowadays.

Are you retarded?

Are you potato? Oogity boogity? Dong ding!

im excited to see this

maybe they can make a film about evelyn mc.hale too

Me too. Glad to see they aren't remaking Christine.

looks good. I also like Michael C. Hall, good to see him in something meaty lately other than that bit part in Joshy.

>depression is caused by feminism

thumotic.com/feminism-depression-epidemic/

Just stop m8. You've baited them, and now that I'm replying you've baited me too I guess. But I just want to talk about the film in a constructive manner and not try to meme this thing into oblivion.

Why is this not constructive, because it goes against your ideology?

Here, want a female psychiatrist telling you the same thing, or is she a traitor to the cause so her vagina doesn't matter anymore?

>Marie N. Robinson MD, a Cornell educated psychiatrist devoted her New York City practice to the treatment of frigidity. Her book, The Power of Sexual Surrender, is a revealing study of the feminine psyche. It is out-of-print. Why? It is politically incorrect.

>Dr. Robinson says that millions of American women suffer from frigidity. While she explores many different causes, she notes that frigid women universally adopt the feminist view. This view, that a career as a wife and mother is demeaning and men exploit woman, creates an "emotional logjam" which obstructs sexual response and psychological development.

Literally every woman over 40 will tell you that feminism causes depression because it makes women want things they can't have, that no man or woman or anyone can have, unless they're the 1%.

C H R I S T M A S
C A K E
C H R I S T I N E

just needed a

G O O D
H A R D
D I C K I N G

this is literally a non story. it's impressive that hollywood was able to squeeze enough out of this nobody's death to make a dollar off of it

>Rebecca Hall

Damn I can't stand her.

>women need to stay in the kitchen for their own good
lmao how are you people even a thing anymore?

Last I checked feminism actually teaches you to not depend on any man. From the looks of it that was all she wanted to do; she was a woman who was 29 and a virgin. It was unlikely she would be able to conceive. She reportedly had never been on more than two dates with any man. She was self deprecatingand self critical to the point of joking about suicide during her live television show. All of this culminated in her actual suicide on the same television show. All of this is indicative of something more going instead of just "muh feminist boogeyman".

>my ideology
No one wants to talk about a point that's utterly irrelevant to the conversation, but one that you seem insistent on pushing. And instead of respecting the fact that someone who was mentally actually died and trying to look at it and study what happened in a more tasteful manner, you use the opportunity to push your agenda, which again, is something that nobody wants to talk about. I do know of a couple places where this rhetoric is openly welcomed though:

>>No one wants to talk about a point that's utterly irrelevant to the conversation
So when you talk about Deer Hunter you're not allowed to mention Vietnam?

Btw, I don't give a shit about what you want to talk about, this is not your kindergarten and you can't just slap everyone into submission.

Vietnam is integral to Deer Hunter though. The only reason you seem to be ascribing feminism to this is because she was a working woman.

>I can say whatever I want!
You sure can, but that doesn't mean people will want to seriously discuss the merits of what it is you're saying. Considering you've only been getting meme replies up until now, it's safe to say you've pretty much been talking to a wall. Even moreso because I'm just articulating what I and some other anons have trying to tell you without having to write all this out. Again, you can say whatever you want, but here's a couple of places where you'll get serious discussion on those topics:

Fuck off.

That's a tasteful way of doing it I suppose. Question: if you were to direct a movie about Budd Dwyer film, how would you direct the ending? Would you show the suicide or do something similar to this film?

sorry, he's right. I'm sorry that it makes you uncomfortable but maybe you need to feel uncomfortable about the lies you've been telling yourself.

She was uglier tho

nice to look at, the way it focuses on Christine's subtle depressive moments is disturbing but thats the point i guess

Enjoying your dead thread, retard? :)

Christ, you're really assmad aren't you samefag?

Also, not my thread and considering I've spent the last hour or so on youtube I'd say I contributed to the deadness. But go ahead keep replying to someone who's not even here, whatever floats your boat and all that.

Has the recording of it ever been found?

>>Christ, you're really assmad
No, I'm glad that people have shown they don't want to talk to an autistic bullying retard :)

supposedly it has been but it's not going to be released to the public which makes it pretty sought after in some circles

>autistic bullying retard
Don't you find it a little ironic that I never called you any names and yet you're using all these buzzwords? Isn't that bullying? Also why do you feel bullied user? I'm not going to lie, it's actually kind of pathetic you'd feel that way considering I've been more friendly than the average user on this site.

>just glad no one wanted to talk to you
Well considering I was only talking to you, I'm ok with the fact that no one else interjected. Besides, had there been more discussion of the movie, our conversation would've only detracted from it.

What's going on here with you two? It seems very odd.

Honestly I don't even know. If you follow the train of conversation you'll get an idea but I have no clue why the discussion carried on for so long. I think I'm just gonna go back to watching videos instead.